“Best Chinese food ever since 1952”

Ming's Chinese Food
Ranked #34 of 138 Restaurants in Bellflower
Reviewed 13 September 2016

Grew up nearby, regularly ate here since 1952 and this is the ONLY Chinese restaurant I approve. Recently visited and it is just as good as I remember. Waiter said they have had the same cook for 34 years - now that has to be a record! Same #2 dinner with egg flower soup (ask for onions & noodles to add), fortune cookie, chicken chow mein, pork fried rice, sweet & sour pork, almond chicken, fried shrimp, egg rolls and bbq ribs, crispy noodles, almond cookie and unlimited black tea.

Reviewed 14 April 2016 via mobile

I just arrived when the restaurant opened at 1130am and the place was busy with employees running to get orders. They are not lazy here as the waiters are running back and forth from the kitchen. This restaurant will take you back in time with its old school interior. The food was really good, I was pleased with my lunch visit.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I went here with a friend in November 2013. Because we've both been "out of town" for several years (he and his family moved away, and I lived in Norway for 18 years), it had been the first time we were there in about 20 years.

We were both disappointed to drive down Bellflower Blvd. and see most of the stores that we had once shopped at, now closed and boarded up. But then, just south of the 91 Freeway, on the east side of the street, we saw Ming's, still looking as it did 20 years ago, and still in business. We just had to give it a try!

Once inside, my friend remarked that it was still just the same inside as he had remembered. The booths were still the same, and the decor was still the same. It's as if nothing had changed. Apparently, from what I have read from another review, they recently changed ownership, but the new owners kept the main restaurant the same, and then they added a new, smaller building alongside it to take care of the take away food and the catering.

When we ordered, we found that both the service and food was still excellent. We ordered dinner #3 for two, we ate all we could eat, and we still had food left over for my friend to take home for his wife. It was very refreshing to find that amidst all of the closed down buildings in Bellflower, that Ming's was still there and still seemingly unaffected by the bad economy around it.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

A wonderful decor but mediocre food and almost surly service. The place has been in business for 60 yrs which is why it has such a rad interior, but the sweet and sour pork gave one a headache just looking at it. The food coloring that gave it it's pink day glow hue was revolting. The egg drop soup had barley and chopped bits of potato in it. That was certainly a first.