“A fun atmosphere with yummy food.”
Review of La Costa Mariscos

La Costa Mariscos
Ranked #5 of 898 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Just staying in Bakersfield for a night on the way to Arizona, we dove into tripadvisor for an idea for dinner. We decided that we were in the mood for some Mexican food. We opted for La Costa Mariscos due to the ratings and the pics. It was a Thursday night and the parking lot was really loaded. Good sign.

We chose to eat in the bar as there was a wait. We lucked out because our waiter was really helpful. We ordered some Cadiilac margaritas and he steered me to some fish tacos that were quite good. I also tried a 2nd margarita that I kind of designed and he ordered for me, which was Jalepeno infused and less sweet. Yum. The salsa was very spicy, which I loved and the chips were made in house and warm.

The building was an old brick warehouse and there were interesting pieces of art and colorful fun decor. All and all, it was a fun find which we really enjoyed.

1  Thank gdncd

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

If you want a great place to meet for a fast lunch... in an great restaurant...this is the place to go... great service - food is delivered quickly... time for a good visit with friends all in 1 hour!

1  Thank Glynda M
Reviewed 28 March 2018

My wife chose Los Costa Mariscos for her birthday because she loves the shrimp envueltos (wrapped in bacon). My son enjoyed his fajitas trio (which was so much that he took home a portion for another meal), and my enchiladas verdes were quite tasty. Service was prompt and friendly, and the noise level was comfortable despite the crowd.

1  Thank Bruce H
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We visited for an early dinner on a Tuesday evening and were promptly seated. They have an extensive menu and drink options. Their chips were fresh and crisp. The salsa is fresh and pleasantly spicy. I ordered the molcajete, which was served steaming hot. It was made up of Vegetables, Fish, shrimp and other seafood in a white queso sauce with rice and beans and fresh tortillas on the side. My husband had the fajita chicken burrito dinner and said it was very good. We would return when in the area.

1  Thank Karli036
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Great for family gatherings. The bar has great drinks and choices. The food menu runs the gamut for Mexican food choices. I try to focus on the seafood. The seafood molcajete is pretty awesome. Just stuffed with a bunch of seafood. Their seafood combo is really good too. Service is always good here which really ads to the eating experience. Fresh warm tortillas are always good, especially the flower made tortillas. Glad that the new restaurant is opening in the Southwest . Hopefully this will lighten the load at the ice house . It is always busy here, so allow plenty of time as you will most likely have a wait to be seated. We have tried a lot of different days of the week, and different times. Always a line. Pretty much sums -up the quality!

1  Thank Mcfire1