Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Loft Hotel(Bakersfield)
Hotel Rosedale(Bakersfield)
View Hotel
All reviewsgrand staircasefront deskbuck owenshighway sidethe general managerfamily suitebeautiful lobbywet barcinnamon rollscrystal palacei highly recommend this hotelbeautiful hotelgreat bedbreakfast barnice roomwould definitely stay here againtwo queen beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I've been staying at this hotel for about 3 years and the service has been consistently on target. Kal and his staff are customer service oriented and ensure the rooms and entire facilities are maintained clean.

1  Thank Enrique G
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I travel to Bakersfield on business 2 or 3 times per year, and this is where I stay. The staff is friendly, professional, and customer service oriented. Yes, it's near the freeway and can be noisy, but I turn on my little white noise machine and voila! You can't beat the price for what you get - a clean, comfortable room and a nice breakfast in the morning. I highly recommend this property for the business traveller.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front side of the building, away from the freeway.
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I work in pharmacutical sales so I travel A LOT for work. In all my years of traveling across the states NEVER have I did a review on a hotel that I've stayed at but today is an exception.

I arrived at this hotel, lost and with no intentions of staying there. The area was a bit concerning since it is industrial. As I unloaded my luggage I was surprised when a staff member met me half way in the parking lot and asked to carry my rollabout. She was arrriving to work and I was too tired to say no. She brought me to the front of the hotel, introduced me to the front office person and they helped me check in. She introduced herself as Ms. Garcia, I think she said sales department or marketing but it felt like she was the concierge by the way she was treating me.
Anyhow, each day if I saw her, she asked about my stay, if I needed directions or if I needed help in any other way just let her know.

Because of this service, I changed my impressions of the entire experience. I left there wanting to go back and stay a few more days. It helps that she is extremely beautiful lol but her personality and excellent service is what shined.

Who knows if an let anyone reads these reviews but if you need a reasonably priced hotel with great customer service, it would be worth trying this place. If you do, I hope you get the same service, I do. If you find this young lady,let her know that I referred you! Tell her its the guy who got lost looking for the hotel with 5 star amenities but instead found the hotel with 5star customer service! Good work!

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank travelgeek101
Reviewed 4 January 2012

This hotel really is a winner! This hotel has:

An absolutely friendly, professional and helpful staff (anybody who travels will appreciate being greeted like a friend and a check-in time that is typically under 30 seconds...seriously me and my husband time it every time we stay there as a little inside joke between us)

Really spacious rooms that are clean...clean...clean
The beds are comfortable!
The rooms are quiet even though they are right off the freeway

Other stuff we REALLY love about this hotel:

Husband loves the fact that they keep the cinnamon rolls covered during breakfast ensuring that they do not get dried out and hard for those of us who arrive a little later

I LOVE the lobby. You sooo don't expect to see that staircase!

I love that the entire hotel feels very clean

Milton and Lisa

Reviewed 1 January 2012

Let's face it folks, these hotels are usually placed very near a freeway so one side or the
other (or both) are going to have rooms that are noisy. The time of year you are staying there
also makes a big difference. When it's cold outside you will probably have the windows closed
and the heater on, thus less outside noise. During the warmer months or if you like to sleep with
a window cracked open the outside noise can be considerable. We were there in November and
both sides of this hotel were very noisy. The freeway on one side and Buck Owens Blvd. on
the other. When we checked in the man at the front desk admitted that there really was no
"Quiet side."

When you first enter this hotel the double staircase rising to the second floor is very impressive.
It looked like something from the movie Gone With The Wind.

The bed was very comfortable but the bathroom had a gimmick shower that made me laugh when
I first saw it. I'll attach a picture. My wife and I thought the breakfast was very good.
Our room was clean and a very nice large suite.

Thanks for your time. Hope this helps.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple