All reviewswithin blocksroom was cleancoffee tabledouble bedplace to staygreat roomwalking distanceair conditionerlndrivewayfridgefreewaykeyfixturesclosetjacuzzi
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed one night on our way to Las Vegas, and was happy with the welcome we received. The rooms was clean and pretty basic. The pool was closed when we visited, a pity because we had looked forward to taking a dip in it. Basic breakfast in the lobby, and we did se quite a few cockroaches, not good..., luckily no such critters in our room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TriTrond
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Checked in on stopover after 9-hr drive, entered stifling hot room (100+ F), thermostat broken (reception told us "just use the thermostat"), switched to stinkier room to find blood on pillow and nest of hair on lamp. Asked for a change in pillow and was told "Bring it down and we'll switch it". Thanks for the service. Disgusting. Thankfully checked out (had to refund through booking.com, which worked out fine)... Went across road to Day's Inn (at 11:30pm) - best decision of trip.

Room Tip: Both rooms were hot, stinky, and disgusting. Wifi was terrible too. 1 hour before going across street to Days Inn - best choice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Q1372
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have stayed at this motel twice now. The first time, we were placed in one of their newly remodeled rooms and it definitely compared to a 2 ½ to 3 star hotel (only missing the iron and ironing board – I suspect I could have requested one if I really needed it). The beds were incredibly comfortable and I slept well. If they had their own onsite restaurant, they could call themselves a hotel.

The second time I stayed here, I was in one of their yet-to-be remodeled rooms and it was still a decent room worth the price. The bed was a little harder and the air conditioning was a bit louder but it was certainly not an inconvenience.

Lobby/Staff: The lobby was very clean and well maintained. Each and every member of the staff we encountered were genuinely friendly and concerned about our needs.

Rooms: Both rooms I stayed in had 2 queen beds and were quite spacious. Additionally, all rooms must be entered through secured hallways with a room key. There is no direct access from parking lot to room. The rooms are quiet and comfortable.

Internet: This motel offers free internet. The front desk agent will give you the security password to get online.

Parking: There is ample parking though it may be a short walk from the elevator or stairs.

Location: This motel is located off of the California St. Exit of the Hwy 99. Go west I block to Real Rd and go almost 1 block down. Turn into the driveway for the Carl’s Junior parking lot and the lobby will be directly ahead. (You can go down to Chester Ln and turn right but it definitely out of the way). It is far enough off the freeway where you do not hear the freeway traffic but close enough that you can be back on the Hwy 99 within 2 – 3 minutes.

Restaurants in the area: Carl’s Jr., Mc Donalds, Marie Calendar’s, Sizzler and more.

TIP: Try to stop at a Denny’s Restaurant before checking in and pick up one of the discount hotel coupon books in the lobby. Call the motel to see if they have availability to honor that rate. Bring the book in with you for the reduced rate. We got two queen beds for 2 – 4 occupants for $49.95.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for one of their remodeled rooms!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Elon A
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Better than motels on Union Ave. and not as spendy as Hotels usually listed-hidden gem.
Furniture was newer, no marring-and bathroom was modern. Lovely pool (chilly in April) and hot tub (lovely with tall rose bushes to view) and available meals close by or have them delivered. Awesome stay. recall the nearby town of Wasco celebrates roses and the Inn also called California Inn) is reflective of this. Whoever does the landscaping should be commended. The check-in staff and check-out staff were as nice as can be.

For this price there are usually individuals living as residents and they were in evidence-but unobtrusive, well mannered and assisting some foreign travelers. World peace in Bakersfield.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2014

As frequent travelers, I review many hotels and restaurants. I try to provide accurate and balanced reviews of places we visit. My wife and I pass through Bakersfield 2 to 4 times a year and we have stayed here exclusively for the past 6 years. That likely represents close to 20 separate nights. We usually stay at Comfort Inns or similar chains but find this hotel as good as the others with the exception of the breakfast offerings which are very basic.

The rooms are recently upgraded and are very clean. The air conditioners are effective and quiet. The windows open for fresh air. The beds are very comfortable, on par with higher cost hotels. We love the birds singing in the morning. Staff is always friendly and helpful.

We love the location, near the 99 Freeway and there is easy connection to highway 58. There are an assortment or restaurants nearby. I'm surprised to see posts indication this is not a safe area of the city. We have never had any safety issues or concerns here. This hotel delivers very good value. Free WIFI and fridges. There is no iron or ironing board.

Room Tip: We have always stayed in rooms that run parallel to California Street.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple