All reviews waffles bar grill pool area beautiful pool room was clean sliding door boiled eggs included breakfast king bed the breakfast area coffee maker death valley las vegas costco microwave highway curtains
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

On one of our yearly visits to Bakersfield we finally stopped here to eat, always talking about it before.
Food was good, however the service sucked! You would think if these people work more on tips they would try at least a little to have some kind of customer service!! Waited for 20 mins while everyone just walked by and looked (including the bartenders) then FINALLY someone asked if we were there to eat.... yum yes! And we were told to pick our own seats, and my son had to get our menus for us!! Then waited for who knows how long for them to even take any kind of order.
Finally when we got our food, I ordered 16!wings and we got 10, but whatever at least they only got charged for 10. Never did they ask if we needed any refill or if I wanted another beer!
Good luck with us ever going there again!!
I work in two different customer service jobs that rely on giving the best experience for my guest. I was highly disappointed.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2017

This is a great Hotel right smack in the middle of Bakersfield off Highway 99. everything at the Hotel was very clean, the staff was very friendly, and the room was really nice. the Hotel bed is SOOOO comfortable, and they use the Hospitality style of bedsheets for added comfort. There is a BBQ restaurant and Bar on site and lots of local eateries right in the area, also Costco right across the street. The Hotel also has a really nice swimming pool area, lots of seating available, and even BBQ areas should you need.
Will definitely be visiting again.

Room tip: If you want access to the pool area, book the bottom floors; if you want your own balcony and just chill, book the second floor rooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel was spread out over several different buildings. Some rooms had inside the building entrances, other lead out to the street. Our room had an inside entry but was next to a back door into the building. This door had lock I felt that lacked security.
Our room was a good size. But I wished it didn't have carpet on the floor. Many motels have switched to wood or ceramic tiles, witch are easier to keep clean. It had a mini fridge, unfortunately it didn't work.
The breakfast was very substantial, waffles, egges, yogurt, several bread options, several fruit and juice choices. You certainly didn't leave hungry.
I was disappointed to see how much water was wasted in the shower. Not only did the water come out the shower head it also came full force out the bath faucet. California has a huge water shortage.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Nice warm welcome by the staff, very helpfull and the hotel has a live vibrant atmosphere. Had diner at the Bull shed which is situated at the end of the hotel really good place for small diner and drinks, room was clean and spacious. Breakfast continental and good.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2017

The hotel staff are very warm friendly and welcoming. They are very willing to do what ever they can to make your stay great.

The room while very clean and the beds comfy,there was only one wash cloth for two people, there was no hot water from the sink tap and tepid water at best from the bathtub. The entry door needed a strong arm to open it, as evident by the hole in the wall put there by a previous guest.
I would stay there again but would expect some of the above issues to be rectified.

• Trip type: Travelled with family