Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
TravisTJYoung
Bellevue, Washington

The best hotel on Aitutaki!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 July 2009
My wife and I spent 4 nights (or our two week honeymoon) at the Pacific Resort Aitutaki. We stayed in a beachfront bungalow and had an amazing time! The bungalow is absolutely gorgeous! Hardwood floors, ocean view, glass shower with a view of your own private garden, etc. The facilities at the Pacific were very nice. The pool, restaurant, and spa were all beautiful. The beach was beautiful, but there were so many sea cucumbers it made wading around in the ocean... interesting! I would highly recommend doing a lagoon tour and try to spend a day on One Foot Island!

I must warn readers that Aitutaki is an island for travelers, not tourists. (Meaning: everything is on island time, no fine dining, etc.) Aitutaki is an amazing place to explore!

For all of you who are trying to decide between any other accommodations on Aitutaki - if you are looking at other resorts and hotels in the same budget bracket then the Pacific Resort is THE BEST. We have stayed at the other larger resorts and can tell you without a doubt that the Pacific Resort is wonderful! Also, don't miss the various cultural night the Pacific Resort hosts! They shouldn't be missed!!!
Date of stay: May 2009
  • Agoda.com
3.7 km from Pacific Resort Aitutaki
Beachfront
Our villas
Contact accommodation for availability.
0.6 km from Pacific Resort Aitutaki
Beachfront
View more hotels in Amuri
1,604 results
All reviews pacific resort black rock the general manager the rapae bay restaurant our honeymoon cook islands fish infinity pool each evening beachfront bungalow lagoon cruise reef shoes heaven on earth overlooking the lagoon private deck sun loungers tropical paradise
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 July 2009

My husband and I stayed at this resort for 5 nights as the final part of out honeymoon, and we were blown away by the resort. From the moment we stepped off the plane to the moment we checked our baggage onto the return flight, we were treated by all staff with the perfect combination of professionalism and friendliness. We were personally met at reception by the general manager who advised us that we had been upgraded: the villa was gorgeous - beatifully decorated, very private with a large balcony facing onto the lagoon and our own hammocks on the beach. They orgainsed champagne and a fruit platter for our arrival as it was our honeymoon.
The staff were so friendly and always greeted us by first name. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they organised bike and motorcycle hire for us, plus two trips onto the beautiful lagoon. The food in both restaurants was excellent as well, and the island night was great. We couldn't find a single fault with the place - we even got a 'welcome home' email from the manager upon our return home.
The island and lagoon are perfect and we were so sad to leave! I wuld highly recommend both the island and the hotel.

Date of stay: June 2009
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank grover30
Reviewed 22 July 2009

My partner and I recently spent 3 nights at Pacific Resort Aitutaki, and were just blown away by it. I guess we went in with expectations of a five star resort in a romantic , Pacific Island setting , but to be honest nothing prepared us for the sheer beauty , romance and quality of this Boutique Hotel, and its beautiful location.
The Beachfront Villas are gorgeous, and give a real sense of being the only residents on the beach . To sit on your own front veranda, drink in hand , arm around the one you love l and watch the sun go down on one of the most beautiful sunsets in the world is A memory that will not leave me for a long , long time. And we will certainly be back to repeat the experience.
The hotel itself is lovely , beautiful grounds and location , and the bungalows are top class, simple luxury without being over fussy and give a very real sense of being in the islands.
We ate at the restaurant every morning and night and found the menu to be top notch, well presented food , extremely friendly staff and management, and excellent entertainment on a couple of nights. The staff here just have a very easy , friendly way about them , and that is completely in tune with the feeling you get from Aitutaki the moment you set foot on the isalnd.
Go for a lagoon day cruise, great way to see a couple of islands and soak up some sun. Bishops Cruises were great, Captain Peaches and his crew were good guys. As much as I love Rarotonga, I have to say Aitutaki has surpassed it. We had 6 days on Raro then 3 on Aitutaki, next time it'll be 2 in Raro and the rest on Aitutaki. This place is the ultimate lie in the sun , read a book , have a swim , eat good food, drink a bit, get pampered in the spa holiday location.Congratulations to Michael Shah and his team , this truly has to one of the top Boutique Hotels in the world without being precious or pretencious in any way . Simply stunning. P.s, do take some good insect repellent , no problem during the day , but morning and night the sandflies seem to do as much if not more then the mozzies, aprt from that , pure BLISS. Michael and Ally.

Date of stay: July 2009
2  Thank kiwiboyCanterbury
Reviewed 20 July 2009

We spent 6 nights on Aitutaki to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday. The resort is beautiful and we loved our beachfront bungalow. The room was large with a huge, pristine clean bathroom. Our view was stunning....just what we wanted. Lovely day beds, two deck lounges, and a hammock to relax in. There were many thoughtful extras, such as an outside shower to wash off sand before entering the room, mosquito coils to repel the little blighters, upmarket toiletries in the bathroom, a fully stocked mini bar, robes, umbrella, large screen TV with Foxtel.

The Reception staff were really informative and helped us with getting to know the island. We hired a scooter and scouted around, finding the Boatshed a great stop for lunch. The restaurant staff were so friendly and we never had a problem with service. The breakfast menu was extensive and we were not limited in our options. The dinner menu was mostly the same, with a "Specials" menu each day. The downside is the cost of the wines and champagne. Most meals (we each had an entree and main - no dessert) cost around NZ$150 for the two of us and we only had one glass of wine each. Some nights are deemed "Romance Nights" with a three course set menu costing NZ$75 each before beverages. The food was really lovely and mostly plentiful - if you love mussels, you should try the entree of NZ mussels in creamy white wine....delicious!

We had heard of a restaurant called Tapunas, run from the owner's house. The food was said to be lovely, but you need to get there by scooter.

On the downside:
- the mosquitos are horrendous. I was forewarned, so took a nasty concoction of Vitamin B1 liquid for two weeks prior to leaving for our holiday and also for the duration of the holiday. Usually I'm bitten alive, but as hard as they tried to land on me, they were repulsed by the odour I emitted. I am assured by my husband that he couldn't smell any repellant, but would recommend this to anyone travelling to Aitutaki. We also took along antihistamines and a numbing gel called SOOV. Any bug spray with DEET also repels. You have been warned!
- we have often travelled to the Fiji Islands for our holidays and look forward to plunging into the crystal clear waters and laying in the sand. We were not aware that you must wear reef shoes (supplied for free by the Resort) as there are stone fish prevailing in the lagoon. The lagoon is really wide, but very shallow and if you do venture in, you must wear the shoes. This detracted somewhat, but during high tide we took canoes all around the lagoon and went swimming in the clearer patches. The water is really clear and lovely, but there are many sea cucumbers and in the first hour we arrived, one of the staff caught two stonefish. They hide extremely well.
- During our stay many of the supplies at the resort and also in the local shops were running really low. Supplies come by freighter once a month and if the seas are really rough then it can take a few days to offload the cargo. This happened whilst we were there, but also provided some interesting conversation with the restaurant staff as we watched the barges come out each day to try and relieve the freighter of its cargo.

We did not regret having stayed there, but were very disappointed that our swimming was limited to the swimming pool (a bit chilly in June though). The facilities were great, our rooms were terrific and the staff were extremely friendly. Just wanted to put across some other concerns not mentioned in other TripAdvisor reviews.

Date of stay: June 2009
6  Thank BeachGirlSydney
Reviewed 16 July 2009

This was a special birthday trip for me from my husband. We had never been to aitutaki before, and there was alot of publicity about staying in the rooms that are over the lagoon. However, just before we went to book my father-in-law said, no, no, stay at the Pacific Resort as its the best place, its won all the awards, it's amazing. And that is definitely for sure. Never been to a better place where the service is friendly, personal, welcoming, the food is absolutely to die for!! (I usually don't like seafood, but I'm almost a convert after this place!!), the rooms were absolutely emaculate and luxurious. Would definitely go back and recommend this place as the best in Aitutaki, the best in Cook Islands, and the best in the world that I've stayed at (and I have travelled quite a bit).

Date of stay: July 2009
1  Thank Raroretreat
Reviewed 12 July 2009

I have mixed opinions on this resort. There were many goods things about it but, I don't know if it lives up to all the amazing reviews. We were looking for luxury but, also wanted to find a place that didn't feel like a resort (probably not a realistic expectation). We had read through the forums and saw quite a few comments that this didn't feel like a resort because it's small size (I think only 18 rooms). I don't agree - it definitely feels like a resort, it says it right there in the name - if you don't want a resort feel I would look elsewhere.

We stayed in a suite which was beautiful. The suite itself was really large, wonderful bathroom and super comfortable bed. The downside is that the room was really dark, we had loads of ants and it felt disconnected from the beach (there was a large tree in front of our balcony blocking our view of the water). The resort itself is beautiful, nice landscaping, the restaurant is perched above the pool area and offers amazing views of the lagoon. We really enjoyed having breakfast there each morning but, found dinner was not impressive and we ate at different places around the island during our stay. For the most part the service was excellent- everyone was very friendly and accommodating. I did feel though that by the end of our stay my first name was our room number because we were asked for it so many times.

Our biggest complaint besides the resort feel was the location. We wanted to come to Aitutaki to enjoy the beach and the lagoon. Our plan was to spend as much time in the water as possible. We spent no time on the beach here. The water is very shallow, silty and littered with sea cucumbers - not good for swimming or snorkeling. Instead of hanging out on our balcony and playing in the water all day as we did in Rarotonga we either had to go to the pool or rent a scooter and head over to Samade.

Overall I would recommend if you are looking specifically for a luxury experience, like the feel of a resort and are happy spending time by the pool instead of the lagoon but, if you are looking for an intimate experience and are there to enjoy the lagoon and the beach, I would not recommend.

Date of stay: May 2009