“Eat outside if the sun is shining”

Keatings Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Kilbaha
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Situated on the Loop Head pennisula in West Clare on the seafront five Kilometers from Loop Head Lighthouse and Visitor Centre.The Nearest Bar & Restaurant to New York. Seasonal Business Weekends in April and October Daily May June July August September.
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Stopped here about 4.30 for a late lunch and enjoyed the sea view while eating the seafood platter with a pint of Guinness. Moved inside for dessert and would recommend the strawberry and rhubarb crumble - delicious. About to close for the season but still open the next few weekends I think.

1  Thank jillwindyridge

Reviewed 23 September 2018

We ate here twice on our way out to Loop Head Lighthouse. There aren't many options for food in the area, but this one turned out to be very good. First time through we got there before noon & had to order breakfast which was good, 2nd time through we ordered lunch & I had breaded shrimp scampi which was fantastic. Portions are more than generous & I had a hard time eating all of it. Wait staff is very friendly & prices are reasonable.

1  Thank Laraine D
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

we had dinner in Keating today. Food excellent, Bernie and Helen so welcoming and clare fennell amazing. Great food and staff.

2  Thank maryteresagibson31
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Great bar and restaurant at Kilbaha on the Loop Head. Wonderful on a summers day or evening to sit outside and gaze across the Shannon. Really warm welcome, good food and stunning location. Not as ‘posh’ as the Long Dock in Carrigaholt but just a very very good local bar and restaurant. Seafood chowder is absolutely excellent.

Apologies to the waiter who dropped the chowder bowls when my wife engaged him in conversation! You were great and made us very welcome.

2  Thank Robert M
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Right I went in to Keating's in kilbaha for a nice portion of crab claws. My dilemma was either to have the starter portion for €11.50 or the main portion for €18.95. I decided on having the main portion which would have been 12 claws, i was really looking forward to digging in. When my meal arrived there was only 8 claws in the Bowl, salad and chips. I immediately stated to the waitress that main course should have 12 claws not 8 and considering that a starter portion has 6 claws how would it make sense to pay €18.95 for two extra claws, she took the meal away and brought it back with one extra claw, again I said I'm not paying €18.95 for 9 crab claws when the starter portion has six. I took it up with the owner who stated that they're main crab claw course has 9 crab claws, I told him that I go to the premises especially to eat crab claws as the food is nice and have recommended their restaurant to people who like seafood. I paid for what I eat and left. Unfortunately I would no longer recommend this restaurant as prices are now inflated and you're now getting less value for your money. If you do decide to eat here just remember only get the starter portion of crab claws it's much better value at €11:50 for 6 claws rather than paying £18.95 for 9 which in my view is rip off Ireland at it's best. Am I wrong to expect 12 claws as a main course?

4  Thank kenl1068