USD 220
Glenridding House(Glenridding)
YHA Helvellyn(Glenridding)
  • Restaurant
1,870 results
All reviewsramblers barfell view roomwedding guestsstunning locationafternoon teasconeswedding breakfastwedding venuechristmas decorationsthe general managersteamersfeature roomevery member of stafffantastic hotelmain restaurantstandard roomhigh standard
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

What a great dog friendly hotel words are not enough just great.
Great staff.
Great location. Great food .
The staff are all very pleasant lady in the dinning room was so friendly her manner wonderful I enjoyed it so much going back to stay for my wife's birthday. We stayed her almost 18 years ago and it was great then also. If you want to have a great stay in the lakes look no further.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
manageriotl, General Manager at Inn on the Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Steve P

Thank you for your very complimentary review, we are delighted you enjoyed your time with us and have decided you will return. I will pass on your wonderful comments to my team who really enjoy reading the feedback, so until next time let u8s all wish you well and safe travels..

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

It’s was my husband’s birthday whilst staying in the Lake District and I wanted an afternoon tea to celebrate, but somewhere we could take our (well behaved of course!) 5yo and 8mo without worrying that children would be frowned upon.

Some of the reviews though weren’t positive with talk of whipped canned cream, frozen quiches, bad music and ineffective staff. But, a local landlady reassures is that she regularly goes with her daughter and that it wouldn’t let us down.

Boy was the landlady of the Boot and Shoe (Greystoke) right! This place was WONDERFUL!

The setting is stunning, the staff couldn’t have been friendlier, more obliging and attentive and the food - WOW!!

The afternoon tea was amazing! Although possibly too many cakes and desserts for one person, we really could have shared (they offer cake boxes thankfully and we’re still making our way through the leftovers). The clotted cream is light and fluffy but it is clotted cream and served as it should be locally. Don’t expect a lot of Rodda (also yummy granted), this is the real deal.
And the music - we loved it! Very relaxing acoustic versions of old and new favourite songs done in a mellow and subtle way.

11/10 from us - we will 100% return at our next opportunity.

And the kids?... the place is beautiful, classy and grand but so welcoming and they were treated like royalty with fancy high chairs, kid proofed ginger sandwiches and baby food served in tea cups!

Thank you Inn On The Lake, you made a special day even more special. What a wonderful place and SCRUMMY afternoon tea.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear TeddingtonBlack

Thank you for your very comments. We really appreciate you taking time to write such a wonderful review. Unfortunately on trip advisor some people can write what ever they want, accurate or otherwise as we dont do quiche especially frozen on the afternoon tea and we certainly dont do canned cream.
We are truly delighted you enjoyed yourselves at the hotel and I will pass on your very kind comments to all my hard working team who take great pride in the service we offer.
We look forward to you returning but until then let us wish you all the very best and safe travels.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

the reason for our visit to the inn on the lake was a family wedding the hotel on entering was very friendly and welcoming the staff quick to assist with seating and drinks and this was before the wedding had begun the hotel was very clean and the wedding ceremony was beautiful the wedding meal was faultless and the staff very efficient a very memorable occasion

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
manageriotl, General Manager at Inn on the Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear horomone1

Thank you for your very kind comments, we really appreciate you taking time to review your experience with us.I will make all the team aware of your very positive feedback as I know they really enjoy reading such reviews.
We hope you choose to stay with us or call in again at some point but until then let us wish you well and safe travels.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Although more expensive than I would normally pay booked Inn On The Lake for a birthday treat. Whilst a little apprehensive, due to reading a few less than good reviews, I can honestly say that from the minute we arrived to the time we left there was nothing at all to even consider complaining about. The room was exactly as described and the service from all staff was first class throughout our three day stay. On the first night ate in the Lake View restaurant where both the service ate the food were first rate. On the second night ate in the Ramblers Bar where manager Christine is to be congratulated both for the convivial atmosphere and for recommending a delicious wine to accompany our meal. Special mention must also go to Florin in the hotel bar for whom nothing was too much trouble. All in all a perfect three days.

Room Tip: Lake view with balcony expensive but well worth it for the view.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
manageriotl, General Manager at Inn on the Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you for your very kind review, we are delighted you enjoyed your 3 day stay with us. Both Christine and .Florin will be delighted that you have singled them out for a mention, they both take great pride in their jobs and the service they offer..
The reviews we receive are extremely good with only a very small amount in the negative so again im pleased you left feeling we exceeded your original apprehensions.
I will let the team know of your very kind comments as they really enjoy reading the feedback.
I do hope you choose to visit us again in the not too distant future but until then let us wish you all the very best and safe travels.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

This is a lovely hotel in a beautiful setting, I stayed there for two nights, The room was lovely,clean with everything you need ,I asked for help in putting a twin room bed for my son, this was done straight away, The staff were very polite and helpful, Also they were willing to help out in a dog minding service ..free of charge, The food was very tasteful. Loved the jacuzzi , The only thing i would say low lightening was a little problem in some areas, and not all bathrooms had grab rails for my mam in the room for the first night, but the second room she had one, The staff are excellant and the two girls behind the reception who i spoke to were outstanding , A big thank you to them,

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kay M
manageriotl, General Manager at Inn on the Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear Kay M

Thank you for your lovely review, we are delighted you enjoyed your 2 night stay and had a wonderful day at the wedding. I will let housekeeping and reception know of your lovely comments as I know they will be delighted with the feedback.
We do hope you choose to stay again at some point but until then let us wish you and your family all the very best and safe travels.