1,957 results
All reviews ramblers bar fell view room wedding guests afternoon tea stunning location scones wedding breakfast wedding venue christmas decorations steamers the general manager main restaurant feature room every member of staff high standard fantastic hotel standard room
Reviewed 5 January 2016

Anniversary treat. Stayed 2 nights. Room was at back with niceish view of hillside. Room OK. Rather noisy during silent hours with noise from annex/pub fans and also birds that seemed to be in loft. When paying a lot of money I would expect better.
Staff great. Food fine,although cooked breakfast could be more substantial. Lake views great.

Room tip: Get a lake view at the front.
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Calvin R
manageriotl, General Manager at Inn on the Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2016

Dear Calvin R
Thank you for taking time to review the hotel. I’m sorry you left less than satisfied. I am a little confused about noise from the bar as its been closed for some time. Regards to birds in the loft, I have had pest control out and they found nothing but of course they may have been stray pigeons in the loft during your stay and please let me apologise if this disturbed you.
I do hope this hasn’t put you off staying with us again and we would love to welcome you back.
Wishing you well

Reviewed 5 January 2016 via mobile

Stayed for one night on the 28th December with my Husband, 12 year old Daughter and little dog Billy.

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Service was excellent, dinner and breakfast were delicious. Our Lake View Room was clean and spacious. Couldn't get any wifi in our room but this didn't bother me in the slightest.

Couldn't wait to wake up to the view the following morning. I'm only sorry we didn't book two nights!

The Staff at Dinner and Breakfast couldn't do enough to ensure we were all happy.

Magical, peaceful place where I would love to return to in the Summer time and absolutely love that we can take our family dog!

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear claireylou98
Thank you for your very kind comments. We are so pleased you enjoyed your break between Christmas and new year.
I will pass on your comments to all the team and we hope to see you very soon.

Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

My partner and I visited early last year as we were on the hunt for a wedding venue. This was one of the first ones we had seen online and fallen in love with. We came up for a few nights and had lots of other venues to visit however this one certainly stuck in our minds. We booked an appointment to see a wedding coordinator, he was very knowledgeable and despite my massive list of questions, was happy to answer them all. Anything we asked for was fine e.g. To see a couple of the rooms. Once we had chosen this venue we returned a couple of times, once with parents who, just like us, were blown away with the helpful staff and the feeling that nothing was too much to ask. We straight away (without appointment) got to speak briefly with a coordinator and were able to show our parents the rooms available, which was great as we all got to chose the one we wanted for the wedding. I must say at most venues we visited we never had the feeling like we could just drop by and go for a cup of tea while looking at the views. We never felt as though we weren't welcome here. We look forward to having our wedding there this year.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank married2016
manageriotl, General Manager at Inn on the Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2016

Dear married2016
Thank you for your very kind review. We are so pleased you loved the hotel and have picked it for your most important day. Couples looking for venues want to feel at ease and comfortable with all aspects of the prospective wedding venue, staff play a massive part in this and there willingness to make people feel special and looked after cant be overstated.
I will put a copy of your review on the staff notice board and we look forward to planning your very special day with you.

Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

Excellent new year spent at the inn on the lake
The hotel had been miraculously been kept open despite the floods in Cumbria
Beautiful room, lovely staff, good food + entertainment. What more could you want to see in the new year
Particularly good for Jack Johnson fans - his music was OK a continuous loop for 3 days!

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear hornet58
Thank you for your very kind review, we are so pleased you enjoyed your new year with us. It was a great success for the hotel but that comes down to mainly the lovely guests we had staying with us who created a fab atmosphere.
I have given Jack Johnson unlimited time off and he is now replaced with Spotify.
We do hope you revisit us again during the year but in the meantime let us wish you all the best for 2016 and beyond.

Reviewed 29 December 2015

Beautiful Hotel, great food and extremely pleasant and helpful staff. The christmas decorations are stunning.
The downside for us was the amount of dogs in residence, and the disrespectful owners that let their pooches onto the furniture and roam corridors barking at people.

Room tip: Lake view rooms
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Linda S

Dear Linda S
Thank you for your very kind and honest review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your Christmas with us. We have taken on board your comments about the dog situation and have put restrictions in place. We do endeavor to keep all happy and rely on some compromise from guests as far as there dogs are concerned.
We hope you revisit us in the near future but until then let us wish you all well for 2016 and beyond.