All reviews lovely hotel bed was comfortable amenities town wedding character
Reviewed 19 May 2017

This is one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. Perfectly located in the middle of the old town. The place itself is beautiful. The modernist lobby is spectacular, with the hydraulic floors and the old electric panel behind the counter. Our room was of regular size, finely decorated, everything in perfect working condition (aircon, tv, wifi). The bathroom was roomy with matching old-style deco. Good quality of amenities. Staff was super helpful and attentive. Buffet breakfast was well stocked, with a wide variety of local cold cuts/sausages/cheeses. Very good value for money.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Attended a wedding yesterday at the Parador and needed a close by accommodation. I am blown away with this little family owned hotel. Great bedroom, beautifully decorated, very quiet and just few minutes walk from the Parador. From the hotel to Parador you'd better take a taxi though! If you thinking of booking here, please do.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2016

Knowing the Bremon was in a hillside village, I emailed in advance about garaging the car and was assured the garage at the rear of the hotel was easy to find. My GPS recognised the hotel address but you cannot drive there so I parked several hundred metres away and walked to the hotel only to be advised that the garage had a different address -which my GPS also recognised. The instructed way to get from where I was to the garage (by the receptionist) was impossible due to one way streets however after a long frustrating time I found the garage which is really a public car park with a two hour limit so you need a disc for the windscreen. When I mentioned this to the receptionist she said just to go back to the car and put a handwritten note of the time and then go back every two hours. I duly did this and obviously showed my frustration when I returned whereupon the manager asked the receptionist why I hadn't been offered the under cover free car park the hotel had. This was too much so I retired to my room after being within 150 metres of the hotel for 1.5 hours!!
In need of a drink I went to the cocktail bar and asked for a glass of ice. I was given four tiny ice cubes and was told they had no more. No wonder the cocktail bar was empty!! As I was leaving to sight see, the "helpful" receptionist gave me a map of the village and the main feature was an indication on how to find the carpark. Why hadn't that been given to me when I enquired or better still emailed to me when I asked about parking?
Now to the hotel - it is indeed quaint and well furnished although the rooms are rather small. Rooms at the front (a narrow alley) are dark due to lack of sunlight. Breakfast was abysmal and I seemed to be the only guest (maybe the service mentioned above had something to do with that) and I was constantly asked if I needed anything - to the point it was annoying.
Undoubtedly this could be a fantastic hotel given the right staff with a helpful attitude but right now it is woeful - and I usually give hotels the benefit of the doubt.

Room tip: Rooms out the back overlooking the square will undoubtedly be brighter
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Sandy H
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

If you are looking for the hustling and bustling, this is not for you. It is a wonderful place for quiet, peace and a relaxing stay. The staff is willing to go above and beyond to ensure your stay is as pleasant as it can be. Great location to visit the Cardona castle and the Mountain of Salt. We enjoyed delicious breakfast and discounts to attractions. We highly recommend this hotel and town to those interested in learning about this culture more. Un lugar acogedor, like family away from home.
I will definitely come back again.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Josercerda
Reviewed 15 June 2016

A wonderful fellow at a gas station called the two hotels in the town and found out that the Bremon had vacancies and led us to the hotel which we would never have so late at night.
The Bremon was the classiest hotel we stayed at and the most expensive on this budget motorcycle romp of S/W Europe.
They provided a garage for our motorcycles and were gracious hosts in this olde world hotel.
the breakfast was wonderful and the rooms were clean and adequate with modern bathrooms.

Room tip: The hotel sits up high and the rooms had good views, but not of the castle.
Date of stay: May 2016