“Great hotel with shocking staff and facilities”
Review of Hotel Bremon

Hotel Bremon
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cardona
Reviewed 10 August 2016

Knowing the Bremon was in a hillside village, I emailed in advance about garaging the car and was assured the garage at the rear of the hotel was easy to find. My GPS recognised the hotel address but you cannot drive there so I parked several hundred metres away and walked to the hotel only to be advised that the garage had a different address -which my GPS also recognised. The instructed way to get from where I was to the garage (by the receptionist) was impossible due to one way streets however after a long frustrating time I found the garage which is really a public car park with a two hour limit so you need a disc for the windscreen. When I mentioned this to the receptionist she said just to go back to the car and put a handwritten note of the time and then go back every two hours. I duly did this and obviously showed my frustration when I returned whereupon the manager asked the receptionist why I hadn't been offered the under cover free car park the hotel had. This was too much so I retired to my room after being within 150 metres of the hotel for 1.5 hours!!
In need of a drink I went to the cocktail bar and asked for a glass of ice. I was given four tiny ice cubes and was told they had no more. No wonder the cocktail bar was empty!! As I was leaving to sight see, the "helpful" receptionist gave me a map of the village and the main feature was an indication on how to find the carpark. Why hadn't that been given to me when I enquired or better still emailed to me when I asked about parking?
Now to the hotel - it is indeed quaint and well furnished although the rooms are rather small. Rooms at the front (a narrow alley) are dark due to lack of sunlight. Breakfast was abysmal and I seemed to be the only guest (maybe the service mentioned above had something to do with that) and I was constantly asked if I needed anything - to the point it was annoying.
Undoubtedly this could be a fantastic hotel given the right staff with a helpful attitude but right now it is woeful - and I usually give hotels the benefit of the doubt.

Room Tip: Rooms out the back overlooking the square will undoubtedly be brighter
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Sandy H

Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

If you are looking for the hustling and bustling, this is not for you. It is a wonderful place for quiet, peace and a relaxing stay. The staff is willing to go above and beyond to ensure your stay is as pleasant as it can be. Great location to visit the Cardona castle and the Mountain of Salt. We enjoyed delicious breakfast and discounts to attractions. We highly recommend this hotel and town to those interested in learning about this culture more. Un lugar acogedor, like family away from home.
I will definitely come back again.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2016

A wonderful fellow at a gas station called the two hotels in the town and found out that the Bremon had vacancies and led us to the hotel which we would never have so late at night.
The Bremon was the classiest hotel we stayed at and the most expensive on this budget motorcycle romp of S/W Europe.
They provided a garage for our motorcycles and were gracious hosts in this olde world hotel.
the breakfast was wonderful and the rooms were clean and adequate with modern bathrooms.

Room Tip: The hotel sits up high and the rooms had good views, but not of the castle.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2016

Less than 48 hours prior to our arrival in this quaint little town, our reservation to stay at the nearby castle was cancelled. The castle was completely booked for a wedding and they waited until the last minute to tell us. Out of this near disaster, we were able to secure rooms at the Hotel Bremon. It could not have been better. This place was impeccable in every way possible with a superb staff and very conveniently located. It turned out that the castle would have been twice as much money for very inferior accommodations. Did we ever catch a break!!! Definitely make use of the rooftop sitting area. The food was authentic and delicious.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2016

My husband and I arrived in pouring rain, entering the hotel from the back door (nearest the car park) and our hearts dropped, but from the moment we arrived we were made so welcome by the lovely hotel staff and nothing was too much trouble. Our room with balcony was beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean, with a comfortable bed and spacious bathroom. Originally thought we would stay at The Parador up at the castle, but having been to look, we found it impersonal and unfriendly with tourist groups. Hotel Bremon is the opposite, friendly, cosy and impeccable, no comparison!

Room Tip: Front of the hotel looks over a little pedestrian street, more light at the back looking over open s...
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cardona
0.5 km away
20.3 km away
Hotel La Vella Farga
Hotel La Vella Farga
#1 of 1 in Lladurs

Been to Hotel Bremon? Share your experiences!