All reviews sea view infinity pool private beach water beds bistro restaurant garden terrace room sister hotel hear the waves hotel beach lovely hotel port soller the ground floor prawns watch the sun watching the world welcome drink different levels
Reviewed 21 September 2018

Reaching the hotel from Palma in a rental car was a problem because of the confusing hotel sign boards, even with a GPS. And the paid public parking was about 200 meters away. But having reached the hotel, we were delighted to see a lovely hotel with really excellent reception staff. We stayed for 3 nights in a triple, sea facing room. The room was spacious and the views from the balcony was lovely. The tiered swimming pools and gardens, with a spectacular sea view, were superb. There was an excellent breakfast spread. In the rooms, the free wifi was quite fast. For lunch and dinner, there are numerous, cosy waterfront restaurants and pubs nearby. If you love water sports, it's just a short walk from the hotel. It should be noted that there is no private beach. In summary, if you are looking for a lovely beach-front hotel with excellent service, you will not go wrong with this one.

Room Tip: Sea facing rooms with a balcony have a great view.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Raj5419
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Food ok. Main course arrived while starters were still being consumed . Rude waitress walked away while I was submitting my order to get a writing pad. No mention of reason why? Or apology? Not in a hurry to return.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank FarAway764129
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

This is a really lovely hotel in a really lovely spot. Very good customer service, great food, good facilities etc. Next time I visit, i plan on taking the train from Palma as have heard it is very picturesque.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sophie R
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

The Esplendido Hotel is like our second home in the summer.

Even if only staying a few nights, it always feels relaxing from the moment we arrive - and always has done. It’s now ten years since our first stay but it’s only improved in that time.

The new ban on inflatables in the family pool was a bit of a surprise but actually didn’t change our (or our children’s) enjoyment of the stay.

The new bar looks great - and even if you’re not staying at the hotel it’s worth dropping in for a drink.

Breakfast always has been - and still is - a real treat. The changing lunch menu is always great and the service around the pool excellent.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank newsperson
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Stayed here for 5 nights this summer having relocated from their sister hotel, Hotel Portixol. Only after I'd booked these hotels as part of our summer holiday did I learn of the association. Due to the link one would naturally make comparisons however I hope to remain as objective as possible.
Firstly, Port de Soller........gorgeous.
Hotel location.....fantastic
Room. Standard double with sea view and terrace. Room size was fine, but what I would say is to those who are considering this establishment is the SEA VIEW is stunning. The terrace allowed us to sit out both early morning and chiil out early evening whilst taking in the lovely nautical scenery. If we were to come again, which we may well do, then I would book this room again.
The hotel itself was nice and airy. As our offspring is past the age of consent and prefers to holiday without the bank of mum and dad we appreciated the 'adult only' option for breakfast. One or two families decided to flount the is particular hotel rule and I have to wonder if the hotel staff made them aware that the area was designated 'adults only'. That said, much like the resort itself, the children were very well behaved.
The tiered gardens at the back of the hotel were well maintained. Sunbathing there was a peaceful experience and the views from the higher levels were fabulous.
Their are two pools. Again, one designated 'adult only'. Guess what.......rule flounted. No major problem but you could see how it could've been an issue say if 10 juveniles rucked up at the same time to an area designated 'adult only'.
Overall a lovely hotel and and an enjoyable stay. Why 4/5 rating and not 5/5?
1. Comparison time I'm afraid. In the main the hotel staff were very good indeed. However, the bar staff could have been 'sharper'. One night in particular I was made to feel somewhat 'invisible' due to lack of service from the bar person who was more interested in studying the till than serving those who pay for the pleasure of staying at the Esplendido..
2. The 'private' beach, as was. I note that this is now managed seperatly to the hotel. What a shame. Large areas of Port de Soller beach are lovely. The worst bit is undoubtedly the stretch outside the hotel. With some tlc, and sand, it would be a real asset to the hotel. I emplore the hotel owners to regain control of this stretch of sand and upgrade it. How lovely would it be to alternate one's time between the gardens and the beach area outside the hotel. Not an option at present.
Hope to return in the future.

Stayed: August 2018