All reviews hairpin bends single track road wedding party nervous disposition mentioned in another review winding lane olive and lemon trees heated jacuzzi peace and tranquility the entire hotel stunning location delightful place romantic getaway two night stay tramuntana mountains hiring a car infinity pool
Reviewed 19 July 2018

We found this hotel through Mr and Mrs Smith and had high hopes. We’ve visited many boutique B & Bs in Mallorca and liked the look of this hotel and were impressed with with the reviews. The first thing that struck us was the drive up to the hotel - it was treachorous! Single track dirt road with hairpin bends. So immediately we felt ill at ease and concerned that we might be stuck in the hotel or would have to heavily rely on cabs.When we arrived, we were welcomed and shown to our room. The welcome was fine but we didn’t feel they went out of their way to show us round the property. The room was fine and what I expected, however, I was disappointed with the bathroom. It was obviously my mistake as I assumed we’d have a bath. It was a tiny room with a shower that had a shower curtain - one of my pet hates! Toiletries were very average for a boutique B & B, towels weren’t the fluffiest I’d come across and generally the decor of the bathroom was just ok. My recommendation to the owners would be to upgrade the bathrooms. We had dinner the first evening (as we were too nervous to go back down into Sóller). The food was good although we had to point out that our main course appeared to have been forgotten - two other couples seated after us received their main courses first. No apology was offered. The following day we had breakfast - a lovely selection of meats cheese and fruits. We decided to spend the day round the pool - the grounds and the pool were lovely and are definitely a defining feature of this property. Having decided to go into Sóller in the evening, went for a cab - you’re looking at 20 Euros each way so ensure you budget for this. Attended the Bar B Q on the Thursday. Decided to have drinks on the verandah but having been ignored by all the waiting staff, had to seek someone out after a while to get a bottle of wine. Have to say though that the food at the Bar B Q was very good quality! Other things I’d point out - it’s a pet peeve when high class hotels put such small ineffective hairdryers in the room - please look at upgrading them. So in all, whilst the building and the grounds and the food were really good, generally felt that this establishment was lacking something. Service was polite but a little inefficient. And as I said, I’d recommend the hotel look at it’s bathrooms, toiletries and other little touches. Until then, it would be unlikely that we’d return.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs if you’re nervous drivers - we only ventured out once in our own car
Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
xorc, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Boutique Hotel & Restaurant Ca's Xorc, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear guest!
Thank you for your evaluation. We are glad that you enjoyed our property, the hotel and the restaurant so much! However, we are concerned because you did not find the service in our hotel impeccable. We apologize for any inattention. This must not happen and usually does not happen. We have already taken up your tip to replace the hair dryer. We are constantly renewing and rethinking the entire bathroom equipment. We hope that you will soon be our guests again and 100% satisfied this time.
Kind regards,
Your C´as Xorc Team

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

It’s on an island & buzzing town of Sóller in Spain. You just see tourists around, countless. Well decked dressed making merry on lively streets, in restaurants at beach.
But here is a resort, 15 minutes and 18 Euro taxi cost away from market city Center or heritage rail & tram station , up the hill, in scenic nature.

Very cosy, just the right size, with its own garden growing vegetables, olives, chillies, oranges for a farm fresh food experience. Truly an old heritage building, where you have to mind your head, if you are taller than 5’9”. The passages and doors to the rooms have less height and it adds charm to bow down often.
The dining room where buffet breakfast is spread has a corner where breads and toasters are spread. There is a chimney on top hanging down in such a way, that one bangs head and forehead at least four times if you wish to try their bread. A simple cold BF but quick hot egg preparations. An interesting local inhabitant chef, well travelled internationally and with variety .

Wonderful sight around. You see the town below and sea. Perhaps the best si set point in the area, right inside hotel.

But the best feature of this experience is Madam Marga P - a senior lady, who single handedly serves breakfast, hot spreads, tea coffee and juices in the open west north east facing lawn. She has a speed of a well tuned engine, immaculate, precise and looking after all guests at same time. Her minute to minute movement is a rare commitment of love and care. Wish, I could make her sit on one table and offer her a cup of coffee. That would always be my only regret moment of the stay in the resort.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
xorc, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Boutique Hotel & Restaurant Ca's Xorc, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear guest. Thank you very much for the comments. We are happy that you enjoyed so much staying in our hotel. But we wonder why you only gave us 3 points if you really liked it... Is it because of your experience in Port de Soller? Looking forward to welcome you again soon.
Kind regards your team of Cas Xorc

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel was once very dear to me, as it was the setting of two fantastic family holidays, when I decided to return some years later with my partner, all of the geographical charm was still in place, but I felt distinctly unwelcome...

As I say, I’d stayed at Cas X’orc before with family in the past, on one occasion my family booked the entire hotel, and on the other occasion in a smaller group, both of these experiences were magical. Absolutely no other word for it.

Upon my return I perhaps learnt why that first occasion was so magical, this hotel seems to care most about the “whole house bookings” - on our final day this time around, a wedding party was moving in, and displacing all the other guests, due to a late departing flight we opted to spend our last few hours in the grounds, enjoying the view, the atmosphere was nothing short of disdainful towards myself and my partner.

When you’ve paid 2 thousand pounds on room and board for five days, regardless as to wether or not you’re getting married, you deserve to be treated well by the staff.

The hotel’s reception staff have always been a bit snooty, I remember that from my previous trip, but even before the day of check out there was certainly a feeling that the customer did not know best.

I have no criticism whatsoever for the wait staff who are nothing short or exceptional, however we were distressed to see on once occasion a member of the wait staff in a fit of tears outside the hotel, she was fabulous at dinner service and we couldn’t help but wonder what had upset her so!

The pool remains gorgeous, although I had remembered previously the Honesty Bar was stocked with some beers and other alcoholic refreshments, seems that’s now no longer the case, it’s sparking water or fanta lemon...

All in all a truly lovely week away was somewhat spoilt by the attitude towards us on our last day (not to mention a severe and expensive miscommunication on our airport transfer booking) my advice to travellers when visiting this stunning hotel is: enjoy the views and food, organise your own transportation and don’t book near a wedding, the place becomes rather hostile indeed.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oliver B
xorc, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Boutique Hotel & Restaurant Ca's Xorc, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear guest,
first of all, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take your comments very seriously. We have studied your statements in detail and would like to make the following comments:
All guests are important to us - regardless of whether they rent the entire hotel as a group or book individual rooms. We do everything we can to ensure that everyone feels equally comfortable. On the day of departure and arrival, overlaps can occur if guests - like you - want to continue enjoying the hotel installations even though they have already checked out. Usually we find a good solution that everyone involved can live with: those who have just arrived and expect that everything is perfect - and those who would like to stay for a few more hours.
By the way: It is always best to book directly via our website, then we can inform you about special characteristics such as departing or arriving parties.
About the cost of your stay: Unfortunately, your numbers do not match with ours. You probably mean your total cost including restaurant visits and drinks and not the room price only.
Thank you also for caring about our employees. We also have their well-being in mind! Anyone can have a personal problem and show emotions - but social media are certainly not the place to discuss them. In any case, we respect the privacy of our employees and do not wish to make any further statements.
As far as equipping our pool bar is concerned, we have taken up your suggestion seriously and apologise for running out of beer cans. As we are not allowed to offer anything around the pool area which is bottled in cristal, the offer will though be always kind of limited.

With kind regards,
Your Ca´s Xorc Team

Reviewed 1 June 2018

We got married here on Saturday May 19th 2018. After a year of planning and communication with Katrin who was fantastic with her help and correspondence, we had a truly amazing day.
The setting, location, people and food were above our wildest dreams. Hotel Ca's Xorc is truly a hidden gem with breath taking views, if you think the pictures look good wait until you arrive and see them for yourselves.
Katrin and her staff were very helpful on the day also. The chef made some absolutely wonderful food all made fresh to order and this meant a lot.

Our wedding was an unforgettable experience made special by the venue, staff and location.

Thank you Katrin and the team.

Robert and Nikitta Turner x

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank nsandrt
xorc, Manager at Boutique Hotel & Restaurant Ca's Xorc, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear Robert and Nikkitta Turner!
Thank you so much for your comment! We are very pleased that you were able to enjoy this special day here. A wedding is always something very special for us. We wish you lots of love and all the best for the future. Come back soon! Best regards, your Cas Xorc team

Reviewed 26 April 2018

Stunning location with stunning views. Very windy drive and you do need a car if staying or visiting here. Rooms were comfortable and quiet. Loved being surrounded by Olive and Lemon trees. Pool was too cold to use in April but is beautiful. Reservations are required for the restaurant as it is a small intimate restaurant.

Room Tip: It is worth paying extra for a suite which has a balcony and views over the valley
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Katrin C, Manager at Boutique Hotel & Restaurant Ca's Xorc, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Dear customer,

thank you very much for your positiv feedback.
It would be our pleasure to welcoming you back very soon.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any reservation inquiry we can help you with.

Have a great weekend and once again
Thank you.