1,933 results
All reviews spa area old house thermal suite valet parking hydrotherapy pool dark relaxation room salt grotto moment you arrive outside world main restaurant spa reception afternoon tea swedish massage heaven on earth spa experience pure bliss total relaxation
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Amazing welcome from front of house on arrival. Car parked by valet who was so friendly. Lovely man. Checked in and we where walked to our room and shown how everything worked. The lady then took us to spa area and a spa receptionist gave us a full tour which was very helpful. Five course dinner in the main restaurant was top class. All staff here where very attentive. We also had treatments booked which where amazing. I could not fault Monart. Beautiful place. Fab food. Amazing service. Extremely polite staff, every single one of them. We where looked after so well. Completely switched off and had such a wondering relaxing break. I can’t wait to go back.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MonartGM, General Manager at Monart, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear TessMG ,
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in Monart.
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
We all are most grateful for your kind and complimentary review of Monart and its services .

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here at the beginning of March. I had been waiting a long time to finally stay and experience Monart so maybe my expectations were extremely high, especially since it was a five star. Don't get me wrong, it is an absolutely amazing hotel (as you can see from my rating!) but I do think the rooms let it down slightly. They seem a bit outdated and not having a coffee machine or at the very least, a kettle, is very disappointing as all the rooms have a lovely terrace or balcony that you could enjoy a coffee on. Especially as I'm an early riser, usually around 6am.

So that's really the only negative thing I have to say, onto the positives...

- The staff are so professional and friendly, can't do enough for you.
- It's complete relaxation from the moment you arrive, straight into the robes and slippers, you don't feel out of place as everyone is wearing the same
- The bathroom was extremely large and modern and both the room and bathroom were spotless
- The Spa is fabulous, my 90 minute tropical treatment was pure luxury and the therapist was excellent
- The food!! Just wow. We had the prosecco afternoon tea which was delicious and so filling. And the three course dinner in the restaurant was up there with one of the nicest meals I've ever had, selection of warm breads to start served with humus, an amuse bouch, crispy mackerel to start, fillet steak as a main and a HUGE cheese board with four or five different cheeses, chutneys, just fab, definitely 5 star dining!

Overall we had a lovely, relaxing stay and I was sad to leave. Definitely a yearly trip!

Dear dublingirl08 ,
I very much appreciate your time in writing this very positive and complimentary review.
Thank you for all the kind comments and all of the team are thrilled with your compliments on food, service and your treatment in the spa .
Sorry that you were disappointed that we do not have tea /coffee facilities in the rooms. This is something we just do not offer for many reasons, but we are here to look after you 24/7 if there is any thing you wish for , just ask .
Delighted to hear that you are planning another trip next year and maybe before .
Best regards , until the next trip .

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Where do I start. From the entrance, having to buzz in at the gate and announce your arrival, to the valet taking the bags and parking your car, to the lush surroundings, excellent staff, stunning rooms, amazing spa facilities, breakfasts, lunches and dinners, I could not fault the place. We had stayed here before and after a very busy time and as a birthday treat we set off down to Enniscourty, Wexford for a few days downtime. From the second we arrived at the gate we were made to feel like the most important guests there. The check-in was simple and quick. We were given a lake view room which was great as we had a view not only of the lake, but the gardens, the restaurant and bar. Off with our clothes and straight into swimwear, robes and slippers and Down to the amazing spa area which boasts, steam room, saunas, heat zones, salt steam room, heated chairs, a pool, outdoor sauna and many others. In next door to the relaxation room which has loungers with big thick throws and circular comfort areas in the wall where we read, napped and ate the fresh fruit and drank the water supplied. The dinners were amazing and the only time we actually were required to get dressed was to go for evening dinner. The rest of the time we stayed in our robes for breakfast and lunch and all in between. On the second day we both had massages which were also amazing and so relaxing, before more chilling in the relaxation room. Check out is 12 but we could use the spa until 2. I feel so replenished and relaxed. All of the staff were so professional, friendly and their attention to detail is second to none. Roll on our next trip. I cannot wait for our next trip back here.

Dear LisaBarron ,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your wonderful review of your stay in Monart.
We are all thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and all aspects of Monart were to your liking .
We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future I Hope.
Best regards

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We are just back from the most relaxing break here. We dined in the bar & in the restaurant & both I have to say the food & the service were excellent. The sticky toffee pudding is to die for! Rooms are lovely & spacious with gorgeous views of the gardens. My therapist on the second day was Edel and she was fantastic. The thermal suites are great, it was during the Easter break while we were here so it was a bit crowded at times & there was queues for some of the thermal suites. But overall a fantastic break & really looking forward to going back.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank niamhm1990
MonartGM, General Manager at Monart, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear niamhm1990 ,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your recent stay with us .
I appreciate your very kind and positive feedback , about all aspects of your stay.
Edel and all that team are delighted to hear you enjoyed your time here , and found it to be relaxing .
We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Room was ok but we came down for a drink and no one was around. We had to go behind the reception desk to ask for some service. They sent someone up to the room but they forgot the snacks we asked for and had to come back.

Dinner was disappointing, the vegetarian amuse bouche was a spoon of chutney on a piece of dry bread. All in all it wasn't worth what we were paying - €12 for a glass of prosecco. The curry was less a curry, more rice with a skewer of veg and a "suggestion" of sauce.

Dry flotation experience was somewhat ruined by being a) 45 minutes later than told and b) being interrupted by the door opening and closing halfway through.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank RayCathode

Dear RayCathode ,
I am so disappointed to read your review of your stay in Monart .
My Gosh !!!! there was nothing good to be said about your visit with us .
I am really sorry that we seemed to fail you in every level .

We all have read your comments and I have spoken with the chef and other members of the management team. I wish you had of afforded us the opportunity to rectify some of these issues while you were with us , if you had of brought it to our attention .
This is so not in keeping with the majority of the comments and feedback that we receive and I am so sorry that this was your experience .
I would hope that you would return and give us another chance , to see that we are really not that bad.