All reviews private pool roof terrace enjoyed our stay lovely apartment living area accommodation
Reviewed 14 August 2014

A large nice Cretin apartment with a lovely en suite shower room which was all kept spotlessly clean. The apartment/s also had a lovely balcony with nice views and equipped with the basics to get you by if you choose to eat in or; you are located close enough to stroll to the beautiful seafront just five minutes away where there are plenty of fabulous sea front restaurants which were reasonably priced. The owner Yannis and his family are just lovely accommodating people and certainly made us feel welcome. “Thank You”. If you choose to stay here I would strongly suggest to book directly with Yannis rather than through a third party. You will find him to be very helpful and very reliable.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank paulaslett
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We've been travelling across Crete, and this has been hands down the best place we've stayed at during our trip.

The apartments are simply lovely - clean, tidy, surrounded by nature and comfortable, 2 mins by walking from the beach. On top on this you can count on the impressive kindness of Yannis - who will literally cover you with tips on spots, beaches, restaurants, and any other type of activity or thing you will be interested in.

This is the place where you should go if you search not just for a bed but for a 360° experience. Yannis knows how to make you feel at home in a place you don't know at all (yet): he created that type of place where you go and feel part of a global community that moves, learns, exchanges and makes always new experiences - embracing the awareness of unity that comes when getting in touch with new people and cultures. Simply awesome!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Margherita P
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We selected this place in plakias after several phone call to others, including the well known Anna view apartments. Yiannis was extremely friendly and helpful and arranged for us a stay in two different apartments, the one with the private pool the first 4 days and than a double apartment.
Our kids loved both. The rooms are nicely decorated and the kitchen is fully equipped, so that you can prepare a super breakfast or a delicious dinner without fighting with small pans or lack of space. Rooms are cleaned every day and the service is secured by the time you are back from the beach.
Yiannis and the mother helped us at the beginning when my daughter was sick and prepared a delicious cake to mitigate her pain!
The location is ideal as it is walking distance from the beach and the restaurants. So you do not even need to cook at home if you don't want.

Room Tip: The apartment with the pool is for a romantic stay but extremely noisy when windy, which happens frequently in plakias. The double room is a great price /quality ratio
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We spent two nights in plakias based on reviews here. The hotel was nice, it's clean, roomy and the staff is wonderful. However, I would NOT return to Plakias. It was SO incredibly windy that we really could not enjoy our stay. I have never been anywhere with wind that bad and we asked some locals and they said it was like that most of the time. If you do still choose this area, Anna's is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kristin H
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I recently traveled to Crete with my husband and two other couples. We chose to spend two nights in Plakias due to all of the hype about the beaches and booked Anna's based on all of the fantastic reviews for their service. After booking through Expedia, I immediately realized that I had selected the wrong dates and called their customer service to resolve my mistake. Management at Expedia informed me that they would handle the change with the management at Anna's, but after seven days of frustrating wait times and confusing phone conversations, I was told that Anna's no longer had availability for the nights I needed (even though they had one week prior). I would have cancelled altogether except we were traveling in a group, and the other couples were already booked at Anna's. I exchanged emails with Yiannis, and it was decided that we would wait to see if there was any cancellations; otherwise, we would have two couples double up in one room for one of the nights. A few days before our trip, Yiannis emailed to inform me that they still did not have availability and that I should stay in a nearby hotel. Yiannis was kind enough to arrange the hotel stay for me, which I really appreciated, but the nearby hotel Manolis did not live up to the standards I had expected of Anna's. Our friends did enjoy their stay at Anna's, and we all truly enjoyed being welcomed by Anna upon our arrival. She was so generous and warm, and I would recommend her hotel for her service. Anna's apartments are really adorable and feel very homey. I cannot say the same for the rooms and service at nearby Manolis. As a matter of fact, one of the the only interactions I had with the manager at Manolis was when he yelled at me to get out of the pool because it was past pool hours, which he hadn't ever explained to me. I think our experience at Manolis apartments only further highlights Anna's warm service and attention to detail. Finally, I must note that although the apartments at Anna's were exactly what we had hoped for, the village of Plakias was not. It was so windy during our stay that we couldn't use the beaches that drew us to the South coast of Crete in the first place. Even a walk on the beach resulted in being pelted by rocks and sand in what felt like a huge wind storm but appeared to be the normal weather to the locals. It was impossible to sleep because of the wind gusts that felt like they would blow us all away, and it made our stay in Plakias terribly frustrating. If you have your heart set on Plakias, I would certainly recommend Anna's, but if not, I would strongly suggest another part of the island! We spent 10 days in Greece, and Plakias was the only stop we regretted.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple