“Not worth going at any cost.....”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Anand Palace

Hotel Anand Palace
Ranked #39 of 69 Hotels in Dharamsala
New Delhi, Delhi, India
“Not worth going at any cost.....”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We were two couples (friends) who went to this hotel from 15-JUN-2011 to 17-JUN-2011 for 2 nights. We went to Dharamsala for the first time so we booked it from a travel agent in Dharamsala. When we reached the hotel we were shocked to see the quality and size of rooms. The room was very dirty, smelly and bed sheets had stains on it. The staff was just not helpful and very rude. All the staff was very greedy and they were interested in money thats all. What client wanted was none of their business. The location of the hotel is just useless as it is neither in Dharamsala market nor in McLeodganj main market. It is situated from where you do not have any view of valley. You just have view of other hotels. Breakfast was just avoidable as very oily and looked very unhygenic. Food was so substandard that we had to go to other restaurants to eat. Other good restaurants were also far from this place.
I met few other couples who booked through some webportals and were really anoyed with the service and rooms. They were also annoyed because at the time of check out the hotel staff was asking them money for taxes etc.. As they told them that in portal bookings taxes are not included. So they wanted to charge exorbitant taxes above the booking charges paid. I was really dissatisfied with the hotel staff seeing all this.
By mistake I left my trouser and shirt in the hotel room at the time of check out. I called them several times next day, but I didn't get any response from them as they said that now the staff duty has changed and we do not know where your trouser or shirt is kept so we will call later and inform but as I knew I didn't get any call. Anyways it was my mistake that I laft my belongings in the hotel but still I have stayed in so many hotels across India and if you forget something then they themselves call you and return your goods back by courier. But I think customer service is not their in this hotels dictionary.
I just want to say that go to this hotel at your own risk....

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
9 Thank Sachin Kumar G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Pune
Reviewed 24 May 2012

The rooms are quite basic, as you would expect for the price, but very clean and tidy, with hot water that worked (very hard bed though!).Mr. H.R. Sharma makes our stay the most memorable experience in our whole trip. Mr. Sharma do everything they can make you feel welcome and to help you with what ever they can. I would recommend this to people who want a good value place and who like peace and quiet.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Jalandhar
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We stayed for one night and rooms are not spacious. it does not appear 3 star property as they claim.

Hotel room was overpriced as per the facilities. Even hotel menu is expensive.

They provide parking and terrace rooms are good to get the good view of the mountains.

Room service is below average.

Room Tip: There are other options to stay in the same location with the same price.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sankath
Gurgaon
Reviewed 30 April 2012

pretty bad experience for me ..

very basic rooms that need renovation
the bed sheets were not the cleanest on the first day we arrived
staff had to be pulled up to perform
no lifts for the top floors

its far from the main market place and involves a lot of walk
its definitely NOT value for money ...

and yes, Do not forget to REMIND them to clean the rooms even after you have left the keys at the reception ... they may not get the hint clear ..

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank himani_jain06

Travellers are raving about these Dharamsala hotels

Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 16 March 2012

This hotel is a joke. Best Western hotels in USA are far better than this hotel.

I am not comparing this hotel only to other Best Western hotels. But I have stayed at other hotels in Shimla and Manali prior to over next stop at Dharamshala.

This was the first hotel where in MAP meal plan they do not provide complementary tea service. When asked at check-in they said they provide and at check-out they asked for money for tea. Their hotel is another joke. It feels like a lodge and no one was in their hotel at 8pm at night. We asked for our dinner and breakfast to be served in our room. Food was decent, did not feel like made from fresh vegetables.

We had a deluxe room with a large hall and bed. Bathroom was terrible and was dirty as well. I felt it was not renovated in more than 10 years and hot water stopped after 2 buckets were filled.

I am giving only 1 star to this place mainly because of high price for well below average place at a distant location from city. Pathetic bathroom, old lodge style restaurant and slow room service with a mediocre food in meal package.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple