The Ruhija Gorilla Safari Lodge has a great location but a terrible management. It is not worth the money. It is a very expensive place and the what you get for it, is a shame.
Yes, it is clean, yes the rooms are nice, yes the food is sometimes very good and yes the employees there are friendly.
The management of the place is arrogant, not helpful and does not look after the place well.
If you ask for hot water for the shower, they tell you that you have to let it flow. At the end there was no water at all, neither cold or hot. They have in general a severe problem with water (hot and cold) system.
If you tell them that it is not possible to switch of the light in the bathroom, they tell you: well it is a technical problem, but they do not fix it.
The reading lamp was not working.
Drinking water was not refiled.
The lodge was more or less fully booked, but still they invited a big group not staying at the lodge for dinner, destroying all privacy you might expect at such a place.
The walls between the rooms are very thin, so you here all noise by your neighbour.
On both nights the did not have cold beer (Club) in stock but had to organize it - it was lukewarm.
Fist dinner was small buffet without any starter.
No jam or butter at the breakfast table (first morning).
Again if you travel Africa you must not be picky, but if you stay at such an expensive place and you experience such bad service quality and treatment, you are feeling ripped off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ruhija Gorilla Lodge Bwindi is a unique safari lodge suitable for all classes of travelers; it welcomes you with breath taking scenery of the forest, peace and tranquility – a home away from home, enjoy the melodies of insects and birds, surprise visits of monkeys or even gorillas.Come and experience the Hospitality that is immersed in an entirely new and Refreshing natural ambiance which will make your stay a memorable and enjoyable one!Accommodation:We have three types of rooms all unique from each other: the deluxe cabins, the Superior cabins and standard rooms, they are all carefully designed to blend in with the Natural environment around. All cabins are well equipped with comfortable beds and Furniture that is designed to maximize your comfort. The bath rooms are fitted in with hot and Cold water…Every detail has been taken care of to give you the comfort you deserve! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Ruhija Gorilla Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ruhija Gorilla Safari Hotel Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Ruhija Gorilla Safari Lodge Uganda/Bwindi Impenetrable National Park