Lock in great prices from these sites
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews water hole nature walk one night rooms overlook underground viewing hot water white tailed mongoose quiet place cloud cover per person would love to go back before dinner wooden structure spent two nights trout fishing many years waterhole
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 March 2020

The accommodation was very good and the facilities too. With the balcony of each room facing the water hole one can see the beautiful variety of animals that come to quench their thirst. The hotel does offer a jungle walk and it is very informative and worth while to take it.

Date of stay: February 2020
3  Thank Halbchen
SerenaHotels, Lodge Manager at Serena Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2020

Dear Halbchen,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review and share your wonderful experience about your last stay with us, we are very pleased to hear that it was a pleasant one.

I am also very delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room accommodation and game viewing experience. At Serena hotels we are always focused towards exceeding our guests expectations and we are happy that you left a happy client.

Thank you once again for sharing and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards,
Lodge Manager

Reviewed 8 March 2020 via mobile

When I was planning my Africa trip, my friend suggested going to a tree top hotel to see animals. The Serena Mountain Lodge was the ideal choice. It is way up in Mt Kenya Park...about a three hour drive from Nairobi. When I arrived, I thought the hotel was very homelike. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. My room was okay. The bathroom was more of a problem. The toilet ran all of the time and the shower was just okay. All of the rooms overlook a small pond with salt licks that attract animals all day and night. The meals are at set times. They offer afternoon nature walks. At night after dinner, the “watchers” come with a list of animals that might come during the night. You let them know which animals you would like to see... and they will come and wake you when the animals arrive. I only got to see a couple of animals... but I’m still glad that I tried the experience. It was quite pricey...so I wouldn’t consider it an absolute must do.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
SerenaHotels, Lodge Manager at Serena Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2020

Dear lisasA2858LE,

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback and on behalf of the team here, I am very disappointed to hear that your tap ran all night which was not a reflection of Serena should offer. i apologize for this inconvenience.

Your experience is certainly not representative of the high quality standards and principles that we stand for; the frustration and inconvenience caused to you is highly regrettable so kindly accept our most sincere apologies.

We hope that you can give us another opportunity to be of better service to you in the future

Regards ,

Reviewed 6 March 2020

We enjoyed a great time at this lodge, watching animals walk into the waterhole to drink and lick salt. The elephants and buffaloes were a top one for most of the group members. The other highlight was loads of birds....

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank bovidafrica
SerenaHotels, Lodge Manager at Serena Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2020

dear bovidafrica,

I am also very delighted to hear that our the game viewing from your balcony was fabulous.

Regards
Lodge Manager

Reviewed 25 February 2020

We visited Serena Mountain Lodge again after 10 years and this time with kids. The lodge was excellent just as before. In the heart of the jungle and really gives the authentic feel. The staff are so well trained and took care of us well. The guided walking tour was especially fun and my kids loved it. Food was always good and the views are stunning! A must stay for those visiting Kenya!

Date of stay: July 2019
2  Thank G_the_Globetrotter84
SerenaHotels, Lodge Manager at Serena Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2020

Dear G_the_Globetrotter84,
Thank you very much for making Serena Mountain Lodge your second home in Mount Kenya Region, we truly appreciate your loyalty and continued trust in our product and service.

I am very delighted to hear that our staff made you feel at home and I am certain that they equally enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay.

I will be sure to let them all know how much of an impact they made on your experience.
Regards,

Reviewed 14 February 2020

We stayed here in January 2020 for only one night and loved it! Yes the room is small but it is very cosy and I loved the decor and we especially loved our balcony from where we could watch the waterhole. The food was excellent and our party were the last out of the bar at night. We did the nature walk which was very informative but spoiled by noisy Americans who talked over the guide the whole time and probably scared off the animals in the forest as we saw nothing! We enjoyed the surprise at the end of the walk - do it and you will see for yourself! As for the wildlife at the waterhole, we saw mainly buffalo, some bushbucks, two eagle owls and a mongoose. The cloud cover was too low to be able to see Mount Kenya. Would love to go back one day!

Date of stay: January 2020
SerenaHotels, Lodge Manager at Serena Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2020

Dear GillygTravels,
Thank you very much for choosing the Serena Mountain Lodge as your preferred place of residence during your recent visit to Mount Kenya Region and for taking the time to write such a thorough rave review of our property and service.
We are truly honored and delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you find our property exceptional in all ways. However, we are sorry that your nature walk was spoilt by some noisy guests.

Management will be sure to share your encouraging feedback with the entire team.
Thank you once again for sharing your wonderful experience and we pledge to continue offering the very best of the Serena Hospitality and Service.
Regards