“Brilliant trek with 'go to mount Kenya'”
Review of Mount Kenya

Mount Kenya
Book In Advance
More Info
USD 440.00*
and up
Mount Kenya Chimpanzee Sanctuary and Aberdares...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

During a recent trip to East Africa,
I did a private 5 day trek to Lenana point on Mount Kenya.

I contacted Evans from 'go to mount Kenya' and everything was easily arranged prior to my arrival in Kenya.
I cannot praise the team I had enough...

Simon- the driver.
Simon,who was friendly and chatty picked me up right on time as agreed (he was early actually -which was great and gave us a good start.) and got me to and from the mountain base's safely and in good time.

Zackary -head guide.
Zackary is a soft spoken and very knowlegable man who clearly loves the mountain immensly.He is a strong,passionate and experienced guide who knows how to read his clients and give them the best experience possible.

Lewel-cook.
Lewel has the amazing ability  to pull off incredible gourmet meals in very challenging conditions.
Plentiful,nutritious and tasty everytime.Tea,coffee and hot chocolate were always available at camps.

Daniel-porter.
Daniel was the 'backbone' of the team.Quietly and always with a big smile,he got things packed and unpacked helped with the cooking and generally ensured that everything was ready to go.

Although I cannot speak for any other of Evan's team members -I am sure they would be equally as professional.
I had an amazing  time on Mount Kenya with 'go to mount Kenya' and have no hesitation in recommending them.
The mountain really is beautiful and  offers plenty interesting routes and varying challenge levels.

I would definitely climb with them again in the future if the chance comes.
Evans is very responsive and a pleasure to deal with.

Thanks again to all of you for getting me to the summit of Kenya's highest mountain!

2  Thank wozonjay
in 8 reviews
"making sure"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I hiked this great mountain and it was very fantastic. The guides are well friendly from the first day to the last day.
We got the challenge on day 3 but other days were very nice.
The weather condition was not tough as I read before in some journals, it was well and conducive.
But if someone need to climb this mountain he/she should be prepared especially for high altitude.

4  Thank hrshyuki
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

As we are in the area for work and had 5 days to explore we couldn’t turn down the opportunity to climb Mt Kenya.
Standing high above all in the surrounding area we had to give it a go. We time not being on our side we decided to attempt the 3 day hike. It’s was a beast but well worth it.
An awesome experience that has made our work trip to Kenya all the more unforgettable.
It’s a 100% must if your in this part of the world no mater what.

2  Thank TopTravelerUK
Reviewed 18 March 2018

My girlfriend had broken her leg 5 weeks before our hike but we decided to have a go anyway. Much of that confidence was because John Mkuruma, our guide, was so responsive, reassuring, and flexible in the build up. He was even better during the hike itself, taking it very slowly with us and always happy to stop for a break. He gave us total confidence and didn't rush us in any way, even when the rain started lashing down!

He is a very experienced guide and knows everything there is to know about the mountain. He's also great to chat with about Kenya in general!

His team of porters and cook were also excellent.

We made it up to 4200m but decided against the final ascent with my girlfriend's leg, but John made us feel like in the circumstances we'd done amazing well and congratulated us a lot. Made it feel like a victory rather than a defeat. He was always on hand to help with anything - i couldn't recommend highly enough. And amazing value too!

Even a fortnight after our trek, John has been so helpful in me getting a refund from the park gate who double charged me for entrance. He's awesome!

Mount Kenya was a beautiful place and despite the rain had some phenomonal veiws. so few other people too which was fantastic. I'll be back with John to do the summit at some point in the future!