See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 May 2011

My family and I intended on having a nice, quiet weekend! Our accommodations were excellent, and the place was nice even though it stormed and flooded some areas! My problem with this place was the LARGE FAMILY REUNION taking place this past weekend when we were there. I will never book this place again without asking first what other groups have booked. There were teenagers and young children roaming around, screaming, cussing, throwing rocks, some were drinking alcohol/smoking, and not one adult from that party seemed to care or notice. I will never let my children act the way these kids did! I complained, and very little could be or would be done about it! Apprarently, this family comes back year after year! Well, we won't be going back during the month of May EVER!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Disgusted00
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Me and my whole family go there every year and every time it is amazing

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Bradleybrown
Reviewed 1 June 2010

My husband and I along with a friend, son and daughter in law went here for the first time over the Memorial Day weekend. We all agreed that everything was perfect here. The cabin met our needs perfectly. The owner is extremely friendly and helpful. The lake view is beautiful. We would definatley bring a boat next time though. Fishing from the shore is limited and they only have one boat available to rent. We didn't catch much of anything but we really enjoyed our stay here. We will definatly be back!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank jahyde02
Reviewed 22 December 2009

Highway 27 Fishing Village is a great getaway from the everyday rat race. It's a beautiful throwback to the peaceful family lakeside resorts I remember as a kid, which seem to be unfortunately disappearing in favor of the mind-numbing sameness of chain properties which seek to gouge every last penny from your pocket.

This summer we paid our second visit to the Fishing Village, our first having been six summers prior. Owner/operator Ronnie is carrying on the tradition his parents established of an affordable, friendly, clean and comfortable place to fish, swim, hike, boat, explore the beautiful surrounding area, or just relax and take in the tranquility of nature. The cottages all feature shaded porches facing the lake, and are simply but nicely furnished with all the necessities, including stove, fridge, and (new from our first visit!) satellite tv. Talk to Ronnie about all the things that you can do at the resort and in the area, he'll be eager to help.

If you want a great place to relax and recharge the batteries, we highly recommend Highway 27 Fishing Village!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank Romo2004
Reviewed 20 June 2009

Every year since i was a little girl 4 or 5 maybe younger(now im 22) we have went to the hwy 27 fishing villiage.. our family loves this place and i hope to go again soon to take my 2 yr old. its a beautiful place and the people who own it are wonderful!

• Stayed: June 2006