See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 October 2016

Stayed in the single room for one night. The location was 5 minutes away from JR Asahikawa station and bus station. The front desk staff could communicate with English and afford detailed introduction of the hotel. Free coffee was served at first floor anytime. The room is not spacious but is enough for a person for staying. Overall, considering the price, I am very satisfied with my stay this time.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2015

If you have stayed in Toyoko inn before, you would know all Toyoko inns looks the same and has the same quality of beds and bathroom. This one in Asahikawa is actually pretty decent and really near to the station as well. For USD65 a night, there is really nothing you can complain about - you get your sleep and decent breakfast.

For me, as long as the rooms are clean and not noisy, I am fine with any hotel. This toyoko inn gives me that so I would really like to recommend it to all travelers who are going to Asahikawa. But becareful, there are 2 Toyoko inns in the same area!

The bus station is also situated right in front of the train station, so to get to the famous Zoo, you just need to hop onto one of those buses on Platform 5 (if I am not mistaken) and it takes you all the way to the Zoo! Asahikawa is a peaceful and quiet town. After 7pm, the town gets dark and quiet, but you can still walk around and look for food! Lovely place I would say.

Highly recommended! I always go for their double room so that I get that extra space for my luggages.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aishing
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Like other Toyoko Inns in which we stay on our trips to Japan, this one delivers great value. It's a short walk from the train station, the bus stop from which to catch the bus to the zoo, and a busy shopping street. Though the rooms are small with no closets (just a clothes bar with 4 hangers and space under the bed for a suitcase), they have all the necessities (desk, fridge, kettle, slippers, robes, soap, shampoo & rinse) for a comfortable stay. The great Japanese breakfast, free computers in the lobby and coin-operated laundry facilities are bonuses.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sicamous
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Room was as expected - clean and comfortable. Location was a bit further from the station than advertised, but not so far. Biggest downside was very poor breakfast - no juice, no bread, no fresh cooked eggs (there were some for earlier guests), far below what they offer on their website and especially disappointing as we went later following staff advice on missing busy time !!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hkwoody
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Like all Toyoko Inn hotels, you know what to expect. They replicate the whole concept from the foyer, to the dinning area and rooms. I am not sure about others, but I like the feeling of knowing what you will be given. I have stayed in at least 5 toyoko inns in the past 4 years and I must say that their quality is consistent. Rooms are very clean but you need to take note that it is small. Besides the size, they have thought of all the stuff you need for a good night's stay. I booked two rooms due to its size. My wife and daughter sleeps in one and I am in the other room.

Just a few highlights on this ekimae Miyashita dori branch
- I paid USD$65 per night comes with a simple Japanese breakfast
- I choose this hotel because they have their own mechanical parking garage ( Yen500 per day)
- Asahikawa is like a big cowboy town. So it doesn't matter where your hotel is located.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family