“Always consistent....”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

I find that Olive Garden is always consistent in quality of Food. Tonight was no different. The food tasted good and it was pretty quick based on how busy they were. The service was ok, not overly friendly but met expectations.

Will be back soon!

Reviewed 20 February 2017

Excellent customer service in a great location. Restaurant was clean and food was served quickly and hot!

Reviewed 13 February 2017

We were there for lunch and had their soup and salad with a basket of bread rolls and it was good, service was OK and the soup was luke warm. But it was OK and it didn't cost an arm and a leg..

Reviewed 12 January 2017

I have visited Olive Garden frequently over the years. While the hot breadsticks and salad always bring me back, I think I can honestly say that the entrees aren't as good as they used to be. It seems to me that some of the food - instead of being cooked fresh - is something that can be compared to a TV dinner that is frozen and cooked in a microwave. I don't know whether this is what they do when preparing meals, but in all fairness, when my pasta dish arrives and the pasta is dried out, hardened and chewy on the ends, it makes me doubt the food is freshly made. That is just my observation. That being said, I keep that in mind when ordering particular menu items to avoid having to experience that unappetizing dilemma.

For this particular visit, my companion ordered the Shrimp Scampi; I ordered the build-your-own-pasta meal. Mine consisted of angel hair with garlic white wine sauce and a side of Italian sausage. For an appetizer, we ordered the Lasagna Fritta. He drank coffee, and I drank the Bellini Peach Tea. When placing our order with our server, Reagan M., she offered us the option of having soup and salad with our meal. We both opted for the salad. When the salad was delivered, it came without the breadsticks. Several minutes later, Reagan delivered them to us, apologizing because she forgot to bring them with the salad.

The Lasagna Fritta was undoubtedly the best part of this meal. It was piping hot and pretty tasty. As for the pasta dishes - mine was ok but nothing to write home about. Something in the recipe was off - I'm not sure what it was - but the pasta sauce used was somewhat greasy/heavy. (It appeared that the sauce used on my pasta is the same one that is used in the Shrimp Scampi.) My sausage was so mild that it lacked the flavor that is consistent with decent Italian sausage. And my Bellini Peach Tea was served without any peach slices in it. That was disappointing.

Our bill for this visit came out to $46.14. I felt that was pretty steep considering the fact that the pasta dishes were just so-so. I think the next time around, I may order just the soup and salad special. It really is the best part of the menu, and why pay good money for something that is mediocre, at best?

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

I've eaten at plenty of Olive Gardens and had great experiences but never when I order one of their "unending" food deals. It's only "all you can eat" if you are willing to hassle them for refills.
Today was the last straw for me. My husband and I both ordered the unending soup, salad and breadsticks. The waitress brought the bread sticks first and we each ate one and then patiently waited for the rest. And waited. And waited. We were trying not to fill up on the breadsticks so we were just sitting there waiting for the soup and salad. After all, the breadsticks aren't an appetizer and we kinda wanted to eat them WITH our salad and soup. Finally, our salad arrived and we started eating. After finishing the first small bowl, she asked if we wanted another and we said yes. But we still hadn't seen our soup, which is kinda the main part! We were starting to get the distinct feeling that they were purposely trying to get us filled up on breadsticks and salad so we wouldn't eat the soup that I'm sure costs more for them. She kept asking if we wanted more salad, more breadsticks. We actually finally stopped eating completely so we could save room for soup. Then we waited. And waited. 30 minutes later (this is after we had already waited between the breadsticks and salad portion) we FINALLY got our soup. And then as we are finishing our first bowl each she suddenly brought our check, told us how to pay with the kiosk, thanked us for coming and walked away! We both looked at each other in shock and I said, "Well! I guess we are done!" We actually both wanted more soup AND another salad but she didn't even ask if we were done or wanted more! The whole thing was so annoying! We didn't even get to enjoy our lunch cause we spent most of our time waiting and then didn't even get full cause we were "dismissed" after one bowl of soup!

Been to Olive Garden? Share your experiences!