“Honkey!”

Hammontree's Grilled Cheese
Ranked #11 of 241 Restaurants in Rogers
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Description: Roger's original grilled cheese joint. Hammontree's specializes in gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches made with high quality ingredients; sourced locally when possible. We also have made from scratch soups daily, salads, and specialty sausages.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This is a great place for a cold beer and the most unique selection of grilled cheese sandwiches you will ever find. The bar/restaurant is in an rustic and comfortable old building that feels like the neighborhood bar. I had the "Honkey" and my wife had the "Ozark Monte Cristo." Both were excellent and the waiter was friendly, quick and attentive. They have come up with some very tasty twists on hot dogs and grilled cheese sandwiches that are both unique and absolutely delicious: especially with a cold draft beer from the bar. Yingling is now in Arkansas, so I had to have one. Downtown Rogers has a variety of fantastic places to dine and this is one of them.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

The husband loved his French onion soup and he dipped my basic grilled cheese in it.

I didn’t care for the basic because even those cheeses were too much for me. I wish they had a basic option for a lower price rather than the build your own.

I think it’s pricey for grilled cheese with a side of chips. Looks pretty but I wasn’t a fan.

Fun place. Fun artwork. Great waitress. No sweet tea :(

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Recommended by a family member and this was wonderful. I had a ham and cheese on marbled rye. The cheese fries were the best.

1  Thank Dichelle G
Reviewed 15 March 2018

First, you have to give the fried artichoke hearts a try. The sandwiches have funky names and combinations. For those that are not as adventurous, you can build your own sandwich. I had one daughter that did that, and ate all but one corner. I had another daughter that has been wanting to try vegan cheese. This gave her the perfect opp. She thought the texture was strange, but enjoyed her sandwich as a whole. The adults also enjoyed their sandwiches. I would have liked a little salt and pepper added. The building has "mood" lighting, so eating after dark is a little more subdued.

1  Thank aahamfam
Reviewed 5 March 2018

I often take out of town friends here for lunch and everyone is always pleasantly surprised that there are so many grilled cheese options and they are all so good. My favorite is getting the soup/sandwich combo.

1  Thank nwa106