“Food is always great, good selection of drinks but never cheap”

Kiplings Garage Bar Turramurra
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Turramurra
Price range: AU$12 - AU$32
Cuisines: Australian, Street Food
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Kipling's Garage Bar is housed in a former auto service garage in Sydney's Upper North Shore. The once 1920's garage now features a chic industrial setting serving up elegant, rustic, honest 'street food' tapas menu that flicks your senses from classic, nostalgic flavours to new, inspired dishes cooked by executive chef Chef, Thiago Menezes. The casual neighbourhood spot serves classic and modern spirits, craft beers, ciders alongside a selection of 200 + wines featuring a kaleidoscope of vintages and varieties from Australia, Europe, and Latin America of which 50 are available by the glass. Kipling's accepts lunch reservations daily from 12pm, a dinner reservation may only be taken for a 6PM sitting, Sunday - Thursday, after that we operate on a walk-in basis. No reservations available for Friday and Saturday night dinner, walk-ins only
Reviewed 2 September 2019 via mobile

Great place to hang out with friends and light meals. It's not cheap but the best place of its kind on the north shore. Varied crowd.

You can also hire the outside area for events, again not many places on the north shore to do this with a number of people.

The menu is tapas and the larger dishes are slightly better value but again not cheap.

It is better now that they have a kids menu too!!

Reviewed 20 August 2019

I have been to Kiplings bar more times than I can count but the last time I hands down experienced the worst service and attitude from staff. Myself and a friend walked in just after 8.30 of weekday evening, we were not greeted at the bar rather the staff stood with their backs turned to us talking. It was later of an evening but that does not warrant disregarding customers. When we finally got someones attention and had clearly stated we just wanted a few quick, light dishes and one drink, the waiter couldn't be less enthusiastic. When we proceeded to ask where to sit, they just pointed and said "sit wherever you want". After sitting for ten minutes no one had bothered to greet us, let alone provide a bar or food menu so I got up and got one myself, all while 3 staff members were still gossiping and this time sitting at the bar. My friend then had to go up to the bar and order as no one had still come over to attend to us. I don't mind doing so normally, but I know what standard of service Kipling's had been in the past and this wasn't it. The food is always excellent and they have a great drinks menu, but the service this time was far below par. I have been many other times and the wait staff are excellent, but I doubt I will return due to the rudeness I experienced with no apparent explanation.

1  Thank NicolaAbbey
Reviewed 16 August 2019

Today is a very special day for me.
I enjoyed Lunch with my Wife and Daughter at Kiplings Turramurra.
The atmosphere was Great.
The Service outstanding, and the Food to die for.
Would highly recommend the experience.

Reviewed 19 July 2019

A good place to enjoy a few drinks with friends. One of the very few places we have in this area where you can relax and enjoy a few drinks even if you don't want to have dinner there. Good selection of drinks and a small tapas menu but exceptionally good quality food.

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank Naveen_GlobeTrotter
Reviewed 18 July 2019 via mobile

Lovely breakfast and great space - quiet and warm with fire keeping us cosy. Good coffee- and will look forward to a return visit.

Date of visit: July 2019