“disappointing”

Cuisines: European, Australian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We dined at the cooks garden last night and 2 of our party ordered the duck rillettes as a main meal...both men commented after the first mouthful how disappointing...not really what should be a main meal. On a positive note the dessert tasting plate was delicious.

1  Thank Robyn C

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Lunch with a friend at The Cook’s Garden was fun , delicious , comfortable and happy . The staff are very pleasant . My friend was half an hour late, but I was offered a newspaper .The restaurant is spacious and has and indoor seating or an outside garden section , both very attractive . Love the touches of Marimeko art works . We enjoyed our meals of mushroom crepes , and a chicken pot pie with mash , followed by fabulous fresh raspberry soufflés, and really great coffee . Appreciated that tables are not crammed together , allowing easy access for wheelchairs , walking frames or walking sticks . Good parking too . A great place to bring older folk for a terrific meal , but where it isn’t too noisy . A good find

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

We visited this restaurant for dinner with some friends for the first time, impressed by their TripAdvisor review score of 4-5/5.
We were also expecting a medium price range. We went for their only dinner “special” for $32 and another main for $36. The cheapest main option would have been some salads or pasta for $28. Our mains didn’t include the sides, means it was only a small portion of meat garnished with some greens and we had to add on chips and or vegetables for another $8-12.
This would put all their mains under the category expensive, at least compared to our experiences with other restaurants.
Given that price tag, we expected first class service and quality /taste of food.
Unfortunately, we were disappointed in all categories. The service was very slow, the meat (turkey and duck) dry ,the side sweet potato chips lukewarm to cold and the green beans well undercooked and tasteless.
Needless to say that we won’t come again and have chosen a different restaurant for our deserts.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

What a cosy little find for a cheeky wine pre dinner. Entered via the back via a gorgeous little garden resembling an English pub. The two sided bar is surrounded by clever wall art and packed shelves of wine. I could have stayed here for hours. The Pinot Grigio was delicious as was the Farfelle chips with hummus. Cant wait to go back and try their bar food and the restaurant.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

The venue is nice and relaxed and it was my local for many years. Recently I went to have lunch. My champagne was warm to start with, The food was terrible and super expensive. I ordered the chicken salad, not sure about salad because it was just a few chicken bits, 3 cherry tomatoes, some onions and some croutons... cost $20 for a serving the size of a breakfast bowl. My partner had the quiche w salad. It was tiny and it was tasteless, the salad just green leaves with oil on it....
When I told the staff that the lunch was terrible he just laughed at me. ;/
For food the Better option is Kiplings Garage Bar in Turramurra or for lunch try the Pottery Green Bakers - they know how to fill you up.
Nothing worse than feeling totally ripped off......

1  Thank Rikke T