“Quaint, peaceful ”

Oualie Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in New Castle
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

I spent one night here on a work trip. The environment was not what I expected but when I got to my cottage, I was quite pleased. The room was quite cozy. The plumbing and air conditioning was a little noisy but I got a decent night sleep. The bed was comfortable but just a little too high. The balcony had a lovely view of the beach. All things aside, I would stay here again for a little longer if on vacation.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Oualie Beach Resort

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

My family and I arrived in Nevis for a 7 day family reunion. We booked this resort since it was on the beach and the least expensive.

Although the reviews were mixed, I expected a lovely beach room with simple amenities. I had to wait almost a hour for my room to be ready although I arrived almost 5 PM. As I waited I enjoyed the beautiful views of the water, mountains, and St Kitts.

When I finally got to my room, it was a disappointment. The room was more than dated. It was dirty with hard beds and old towels. I called it Holiday Inn on the beach just a little worse. We had a room with two double bed. I found out later that the rooms with king size beds were the most modern. In fact, when I saw one, it was nice.

After my initial shock, I settle in to enjoy a bare bones experience. The breakfast was buffet was hearty - eggs, bacon/sausage, pancakes/French toast, fruit, juice, and coffee/tea. More variety could be ordered. The dinner menu selection was about six entrees nicely prepared.

The staff was slow but friendly. However, many times they just did not bring you what you ordered. It was nice to have the owner on the premise to share information even if you got no results.

Overall, I found the place a little boring. I expected Caribbean music playing at least in the bar. I was happy the place offered a boat transportation St Kitts right on its shore!

Would I recommend this place? I don't think so. The island offers so much more. I suggest a Rbnb for about the same price.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Fabulous. Location stunning. Super beach, calm warm sea. Fantastic friendly helpful staff. A breakfast feast that sets you up for the day. For us paradise. Easy to get across to St. Kitts from its own jetty where a fast boat gets you there in minutes. Take a taxi or catch the bus from across the road outside the hotel. A friendly bar where good local entertainment tskes place. Sunday barbecue is a must !

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Martin H
Reviewed 12 July 2017

I'm just catching up on my review backlog, but this place deserves a special mention. It is simply perfect. Not too posh, nicely laid back, but really rather special. Right on the beach, perfect for evening strolls and watching the fish under the jetty. Food was lovely and the staff/owners were perfect. The room was huge and extremely comfortable. It would be easy to pick a large resort, but thanks to my friend on the island (Dwight, you know who you are!!) this was the perfect place to stay. Will be back one day...

Room Tip: All good, but try for front line for the best views
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Squanky
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

If you want a typical Caribbean experience,not at all touristy,peace and tranquillity with good food and comfortable accommodation then go to the Oualie Beach.I would not even class it as a resort as that brings up a picture of a large complex with lots of things to do,which this certainly isn't but there is a lovely bar area that occasionally has live local music and a wonderful calm ambience with beautiful beach views.The local buses are cheap and easy to use to visit the main town or to catch a ferry over to St Kitts which I can recommend for both shopping and seeing local life.A perfect holiday retreat with helpful friendly staff-I will be returning.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3.5 km away
Nisbet Plantation Beach Club
12.9 km away
St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino

Been to Oualie Beach Resort? Share your experiences!