“Average, but dependable buffet”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Western Sizzlin Steak House
Ranked #48 of 86 Restaurants in Mountain Home
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 11 August 2017

This is a good place to get a quick buffet chicken or catfish. Yesterday they presented a mustard chicken which seemed to be white meat strips cooked in a mustard, faintly curry graveyard type sauce. Both my husband and I felt it was quite adventurous for Mountain Home fare and very good. It was the kind of dish one might go back for. The blue cheese dressing is good, and the spinach leaves on the salad bar were fresh, as were most of the other offerings. This was a pleasant finding as it was 3:30 when we're arrived.

Sometimes when you have this Buffet you are given a choice to have a baked potato,
and rolls are offered at your table. Sometimes you are offered a coffee to go with the dessert potion of the meal. Yesterday none of these offerings were made. There was no soft serve machine, and e were given a 4 ounce Dixie cup of ice cream.

I am put off by the rather grungy carpet, but I try to ignore it to enjoy the buffet.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

This is basicly a buffet type resturant but they do offer steaks and burgers. Always have the buffet and my wife usually has a burger. Salad bar is good and they offer baked white or sweet potato if you so desire. I have been offered coffee at no charge and the two times I have acepted the offer it has been fresh and good.

1  Thank K2721CSivanl
Reviewed 23 May 2017

There is a large buffet. It offers several different entrees, salads, sides and desserts. The buffet is priced well for what you are offered. They provide senior prices. As a rule it is pretty good but occasionally it doesn't reach expectations.

1  Thank retiredtravelers1965
Reviewed 2 May 2017

Had not seen a Western Sizzlin Steak House in a long time as they left Panama City, FL many years ago. Went in with the intention of having steak, but walked around the buffet bars and we decided to try it. Excellent food and choices. We went back on our final night and had it again. Just as good.

1  Thank Carl H
Reviewed 11 April 2017

The food was filling but it is not like Western Sizzlin used to be. The place looked run down. I would not recommend it. We got full but that was about all I can say about it.