“CLOSED-TRY NEW REPLACEMENT- Casa Montana!”
Review of Los Amigos Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

Los Amigos Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I am glad that Los Amigos closed. We didn't like it. There is a new restaurant in its place called Casa Montana. It is very good. We have stated that Mountain Home does not need another Mexican, Chinese, or fast food restaurant. BUT-this one can stay as long as it is as good as it has been on our 2 visits this week. They have been open about 2 months, but we just discovered this place. They are part of the same group that owns El Charro, but this place is sooo much better. The variety and freshness is wonderful.
Tonight I had the casa montana fajitas which has shrimp, chicken, and steak. They were some of the best I have had in this city. My wife had the Camarones al Mojo de Ajo. This is shrimp sauteed in sweet roasted garlic, onions, tomatoes, & fresh avocado over mexican rice. This is a lighter meal and her new favorite. It had lots of shrimp and the avocado was fresh. On our last visit, we had the shrimp tacos which were exceptional. I think we will be frequent visitors here. There are so many menu items to try. They bring fresh salsa and chips. The salsa is excellent, but we both prefer a thinner chip.
They do have a small full service bar, unlike the last place who said they were waiting for their license. The service staff is excellent. The new owners have cleaned and brightened the restaurant. I think this place will be a winner at this location!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Our first visit to this newly opened Mexican Restaurant was quite pleasant. Both my husband and I really enjoyed our food. He ordered Steak Fajita Enchiladas, and I had the Chicken and Spinach Quesadilla, both on the lunch menu. My quesadilla had a freshly prepared flavor with lots of tender juicy chicken, spinach and cheese, all enclosed in a toasty flour tortilla. With my plate was a beef enchilada and a side of refried beans. Service was attentive and gracious, and the price very reasonable.
Even though there are several other Mexican restaurants in town, this will be a welcome addition.
We will certainly return often, and we recommend it highly.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Los Amigos had the same fate as every other restaurant that has opened at this location the past few years; closed in less than a year of opening. 4 of us went there for lunch the last week in October 2013 and it was out of business.

1  Thank old_traveler12345
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Have eaten at all the area Mexican restaurants and this is by far the best. I could easily become a regular here !

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Really great food,nice atmosphere, great service. Nice to finally find a Mexican restaurant with edible food in Mountain Home.