“Best Mexican in Mountain Home”
Review of Los Amigos Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

Los Amigos Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Really great food,nice atmosphere, great service. Nice to finally find a Mexican restaurant with edible food in Mountain Home.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Best Mexican Food in Mt. Home (which doesn't say much), BUT... Yesterday, I ordered 2 cheese enchalidas, ala carte. Waitress (who was VERY good) asked if I wanted white or yellow cheese. I ordered a few o ions and chiles sprinkled on them after they were cooked and had water. Expecting a bill just under $3. It was almost $7! They charge for the cheese on the cheese enchalida, they charged for a teaspoon of onions and they charged for a teaspoon of chiles. I was stunned. I was told this was their new policy. How can u charge extra for cheese on a cheese enchilada? BTW, I did not ask for extra cheese. Stunned, just stunned. ASI, not very appetizing was the only woman I saw when I entered. She was by the register, holding a baby in diapers. She seated me, juggled the baby and got me a menu and water.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Went back after a month to see how they were doing. We were delighted to have a good meal again, and I'd say these guys are serious about running a good restaurant.
Our food was very good, the waitress very available and pleasant, & the manager is also on top of his job. Saw fajitas served to another table. Wow! Generous portions, looked excellent. That's my next order here. Prices are good, service is excellent & I'm very happy to have them in town.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

This new restaurant has opened in a location where several restaurants have failed in the past few years. I hope that isn't a strike against it. It is definately much cleaner and brighter than before even though decor is minimal. Service was very good. Salsa was a bit thin and watery and could have been spicier for our taste. Food arrived quickly, was hot, had a good taste and appearance but again, needed more spice. I had fajitas hubby had a burrito both were good. A friend who ate there earlier in the week said the taco salad was excellent. Like most places it just depends on who is cooking that day. Reasonably priced, we will return.

1  Thank old_traveler12345
Reviewed 8 March 2013

We visited this new Mexican resturant a week after it opened. We learned it's a 2nd location out of Mountain View MO. Decor consists of a few sombreros & serapes on the walls. If there was music , it was in the background. While we were there, management was attentive. The waitress seemed to need more training. She was painfully shy & lacked confidence in what she was doing. We had a combination with taco, enchilada and relleno. For me these are the Mexican food gold standard which I use to measure any Mexican restaurant. Entrees came fairly quick. Plates were hot, which sometimes means microwaved. Visually, the beans were the usual soupy flat puddle, but tasted good. The taco seemed fresh & tasted good, I liked the enchilada, and the relleno was properly prepared & quite good too. Suddenly, it was gone.....We truly hope this restaurant can stick around.

1  Thank Ron S