“Revisit for dinner”

Price range: USD 10 - USD 15
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are open late and can easily accommodate large groups. We have ample parking (boats, buses, RV's welcome)and have a great kids menu selection (Mac and Cheese, chicken strips, burgers, etc.) and a many American items to please everyone in the group. We have a full bar with the best margaritas in town. We hope you'll join us!El Chico Cafe provides an upscale dining experience, serving top-quality Mexican food favorites with fresh, new specialties of today. Conveniently located on Hwy 412/62 bypass in front of Home Depot and across from WalMart Supercenter.A Mexican food tradition since 1940 has grown into more than 75 restaurants, including more than 25 franchise locations. The El Chico story began when Adelaida Cuellar's homemade tamales drew huge crowds at a small county fair in 1926. Her sons opened a cafe in Dallas,following their mother's recipes for enchiladas with chile con carnesauce. Today, El Chico is still serving top-quality Mexican food favorites with fresh new specialties of today.
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Stopped in on my own to have dinner. Was greeted at the door and seated promptly. My waitress was new on the job so I could tell she was nervous but she did a great job. Once again I ordered the top shelf guacamole which in my opinion is well worth it. I ordered their new gusto chicken enchiladas and they were fabulous. I hope that this is something that they keep on their menu all the time. I think the only thing I would change about them is next time I will ask to not have the chipotle drizzle on them. It just had a strange taste but it was still good. Food came out hot and fresh. Will return again.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Driving all day we were needing lunch. We noted this place and stopped for,lunch. The prices were reasonable. I ordered a lunch special with a Chili stuffed with cheese, and fried, and taco it came with a salad and guacamole. Our meal was fine...not real Mexican as we are used to making or eating...yet it was good...

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Been here several times. Margaritas are good and the Mexican fair is the standard stuff. Not anything special but always good with no surprises.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

I've eaten here many times. The food is really good and the service is good too. They also have a catering service, which I highly recommend! I've never had a bad experience working with this restaurant.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Look it's el Chico. You know the food, mediocre at best, but when compared to the service the food is the hIgnore spot. Had our company Christmas party )25 employees) there and the manager treated or staff rudely. This past month on a very quiet evening one in our party actually waited 30 minutes for a beer reorder. As we we were preparing to leave the beer was delivered. When it was refused by the ordering member the wait staff acted put off. You can check my other reviews and you will find I'm generally complimentary in my reviews. But with the exception of here and Buffalo Wild Wings (both in Mountain Home) I try to reward good service and food.

1  Thank Daniel b
ManagerECMH, Owner at El Chico Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Daniel B. - I'm very troubled to hear that you have not had exceptional experiences with our staff. Everyone has an off day, but this sounds a little out of the ordinary. Would you please send a private message or email me at manager@elchicomh.com with your phone number so that we can better understand what happened? We certainly want to resolve any issues that may be happening so that all our guests can have a positive and enjoyable dining experience. Thank you.