Amazing place! From the moment we arrived we fell in love with the house and especially the breathtaking seaview we were able to enjoy every day.
The house has everything you need for a family holiday, I liked the fact that it has quiet fans instead of the air conditioning because its so much healthier. There is a nice terrace with tables and chairs where you can eat your breakfast enjoying the view.
The beach is just outside the house and there is everything you need in the garage downstairs, the sunbeds, umbrellas, matteraces for swimming, toys for children, anything you may possibly need.
I absolutely loved old photos of Thanos family and well as the vinyl equipment. It made us feel like we are in the real house, not some kind of hotel with white walls and no feeling.
Thanos is a very nice person and was doing everything whats possible to make us feel welcome and also to give us all possible information about how things are operated in the house but also about local sites that we should visit.
The location is great, real Greece, we dont really like commercial holiday destinations as its hard to get a real feeling of the country and culture. Here we saw what real Greece is like, we were able to go to local restaurants where Greeks go, shop at the family owned bakery next door (so yummy) and in the family owned grocery store where we got the best feta cheese, olives and nuts we have ever tried! Our breakfast every day was a feast! I would definitely reccomend the place to everyone!
We stayed here with our friends for the second year in a row and really enjoy the location of this place right on the beach in Kiato.
The house is comfortable and well equipped with everything you need.
The location is great, you literally walk out and you are right on the beach.
There is a fantastic restaurant right next door also on the beach with great food and service and a bakery and small supermarket just metres away where you can get most of the supplies you will need.
More than one deck chair for reclining on the beach would be a great idea as the place accommodates 6-8 people. More up to date beds would also be a plus.
I stayed with another 3 family members from august 15 up to August 22, 2018! The house is just on the beach,with magnificent seaview ,very spacious (though with the basic amenities), with many historical places nearby and the host Athanasios ready to help us in everything!
Ideal family place
Our stay - 3 adults and 2 children in the "Beautiful Beachfront house in Peloponnese certified by EOT" (??!!) was 31 days - from 12th July 2018 to 31st August 2018 - throughout a negative experience, characterized by the following facts:
- House from the early 1980-ies has a good room layout, but overall is very poorly maintained, with equipment as bought from the flea market - all old!
- Handover by Thanos (Athanasios A.), the landlord, was in poorly cleaned condition: everywhere black long hair from the previous tenant; Dishes are poorly cleaned; When asked about this, Thanos gave us the answer: "The cleaning lady came at a very late hour and was already very tired. Please clean dishes and kitchen utensils thoroughly before use "
- Quick hotplate on electric stove defective (self-repair successfully carried out!)
- Refrigerator seal defective and mold found in the vegetable tray;
- On the advice of Thanos, we should each observe the three hot water boilers when heating and turn off when reaching half the reading to save power.
- We should also use the washing machine between 22:00 (11 pm) and 06:00 (06:00 am) to save electricity. Attention: program switch hangs and has to be switched by hand!
- Bathroom on the ground floor: 60 cm shower tray with extremely unhygienic shower curtain!
- Second bathroom => on the 1st floor in the bedroom integrated mini bathroom - has a size of 1.3m x 1.4m (!!), equipped with 30 cm hand basin, 60 cm shower tray and toilet. The hot water boiler installed there makes this "mini bath" a sauna!
- Water flushing WC in the main bathroom on the 1st floor was broken and was successfully repaired and cleaned by myself in order to be used.
- The climate in the non-heat-insulated house is very warm overall! At night, the room temperature does not cool down, as the walls heated up by the sun during the day radiate the stored heat into the interior during the night. Room temperature of 30°C was the rule. The hot air is evenly distributed by the mounted ceiling fans without any cooling effect: Note from Thanos: We should use a maximum of level 2 to save electricity. During the night, we temporarily turned off the ceiling fans, as the constant draft caused dry eyes and headaches. Overall, no requirement for restful sleep, as on the windows also no mosquito nets were available.
- Another blatant malady was represented by the constant repetitive invasions by ants throughout the house. Even in bed down to the inside of the upholstery coverings, these critters penetrated. Reply Thanos: We should by no means store food. Our solution: Daily cleaning of the entire inner surface with vinegar water and spraying the "ant paths" on the walls. Total vinegar requirement was 5 liters !! After 3 weeks of this repeated activity we were the 4th week free of ants.
- The multiple confirmed by Thanos by email 5 pieces sun loungers were not available.
- The beautiful terrace could not be used from 08:00 to 14:00 clock (2:00 pm) due to lack of appropriate shading. (Unbearably hot by direct sunlight)
- The gate to the beach was so jammed that it could not be opened independently by our children. Self-repair successfully carried out.
- It was for 5 people only 1 piece of beach umbrella for use as shading on the beach.
- To mention negatively also in the sea again and again appearing fire jelly-fishes.
- To mention positive is the directly adjacent and within walking distance bakery, the restaurant, the mini market (... but beware, has greatly inflated prices) and about 300 meters away from the shopping center “Galaxias”.
- Accommodation in total in this state not recommended and would not even get admission in Austria as a temporary refugee accommodation.
- TripAdvisor-Certificate is not a guarantee of quality at this destination!!
- If you still want to rent it for your vacation, you should pay no more than € 35, - / house / day.
Located right on a lovely clean pebbly beach. Very quiet location. Authentic friendly taverns next door. Supermarket within walking distance. Very helpful and friendly owner who gave us lots of great ideas for places to visit. Spacious with good outdoor space with lovely ocean views.