14,194 results
All reviews preferred club carnival buffet bluewater grill entertainment team preferred pool big daddy antonio banderas preferred status moments bar preferred area spice restaurant preferred room punta cana tropical view bruno mars scooby doo fire show
Reviewed 15 October 2015

Initially, the hotel impresses. Beautiful lobby and quick service check-in through the Preferred Club.

We were first given a double queen, even though we had a king reserved for at least six months. That was turned around quick enough, and we had the correct room. The jacuzzi on the terrace did nothing for me, as there was no privacy whatsoever. The air-conditioning was never really regulated, and most of the time it was too warm in the room. The free WiFi that came with the Preferred Club was spotty, at best in the room. Also, be sure to brush your teeth with bottled water, so as to not become ill.

The Preferred Club lounge is great with some really good sushi in the afternoon. Love Maria and Ara!

The Preferred Club pool by Castaways is a blast with a nice outdoor grill serving hot dogs, hamburgers, delicious grilled chicken, etc. We met many nice people from all over the country. Loved Rosa, our waitress.

The food, in general, is just OK. Buffet food tended to be lukewarm, not hot at all. Capers (Italian) was not good at all, the beef medallions were tough as boot leather. The room service was good.

The entertainment was your routine resort entertainment. Good, talented, but nothing out of the ordinary.

All in all, an OK visit. Would not return.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank LBlowers48
Hotel Manager D, Manager at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2015

Dear LBlowers48,

Thank you for choosing Now Larimar for your recent holidays. We would also like to kindly thank you for taking the time to write a honest review about experience during your stay with us. We greatly appreciate your words and your feedback. These comments are necessary to help us improve the experiences of our guests.

In addition to this, we would like to say all requests are set in our system and accommodated based on availability at the moment of our arrival. Yet, we aim to please our guests as soon as there´s said availability, which is why we promptly accommodated you to the room requested.

In regards to the water used at the hotel, we have filtered water at our hotel. Although this water is not indicated for ingestion, it can safely be used to brush one´s teeth. Anyway, we still have bottle water in the rooms in case you choose not to use filtered tap water.

Please receive our deepest apologies if we have failed to accomplished your expectations in terms of the food or your overall opinion of the hotel. We will anyways use your feedback for future improvement.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 14 October 2015

Stayed at Now Larimar at the end of August 2015, for 9 days and overall it was a pretty good experience. The resort is clean, modern and the grounds are kept very well. The crew works non-stop to make it one of the nicest resorts you will find anywhere. We decided to upgrade to the preferred package and it was well worth it. The most important reason for that, is that you get your room close to the beach and the pools, as well as pretty much all restaurants. Second, the room is upgraded, better bathroom, nicer and newer furniture etc etc. Third, you can access any restaurant or place within the resort, without any issues. Fourth, you get access to private lounges with top shelf liquor, gourmet coffee, great snacks etc etc. We paid few box extra to make this happen and it was well worth it.

Welcome drink, face towels and all that, was as expected for this class of resort. I corresponded with the manager of the hotel before our vacation and asked for a room on the highest floor, and at some point mentioned that my and my gf are taking the trip to celebrate my 40th birthday. When we got to our room, not only was it where we requested, it was decorated with balloons and happy birthday signs. a complementary bottle of local rum etc etc. That was a really nice touch, completely unexpected and above and beyond what you normally get elsewhere. Thank You - that was a very nice gesture!

Food - for the most part average, what you would expect from an all inclusive at this price point. The gourmet restaurants, and we visited them all, ranged from very good to only slightly above average. French restaurant was by far our fave. From décor, to professional service to great management - it was an awesome experience. Couple of the restaurants, like Mexican and American Grille, were only about average when it came to the food and service left a bit to be desired. WE felt rushed and service was less than what we are accustomed to, and we don't even have high expectations. With that said, we enjoyed being able to go to a different ala carte restaurant each night, with the exception of the first night there, where we ended up at the carnival, the non-preferred buffet, which was really not a good choice for dinner - yikes. We did not make reservations for any of the restaurants, ended up waiting maybe 15 minutes on a couple of occasions, another perk of preferred status. French did not let me in the second time around, because I did not have long pants, no big deal - we went and ate at another place. The Carnival was ok for breakfast and lunch, but the preferred only Castaways buffet was fantastic. It is located right next to the beach, has very spacious layout with some tables on the patio part, very clean, modern and the food as well as service were above expectations. It is open only for breakfast and lunch, but a super cool place nonetheless - preferred only.

Service was hit or miss. Most resort employees spoke enough English to communicate, and if not we tried to use out limited Spanish, and it all worked out in the end. Many employees were friendly and hard working and a few didn't really seem to fit in. Even with that said, service was likely above average at this price point. We took advantage of preferred only cafes and lounges, where the level of service seemed a bit higher.

Bavaro Beach is really nice, although as soon as you step foot outside of resort grounds, you have local sales promoters running towards you and at times being aggressive to try to get you to come visit their shops. Unfortunately, all of the shops within the walking distance offer the generic, bought by weight, made in china junk. I was looking hard for a shop that would offer some locally made goods and trinkets, but alas - it does not exist. Sea weed was there, but its just nature, we don't really care.

Room Tip: Preferred Rooms, Highest Floor you can get
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris J
Hotel Manager D, Manager at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2015

Dear Chris J,

Thank you for choosing Now Larimar for your recent holidays.

We appreciate the fact that you took from your valuable time to write an honest, well detailed, review about your experience with us. Thank you as well for highlighting the cleanliness of our installations along with the incessant work of our team to ensure that the hotel grounds are impeccable and according to your expectations.

Our goal is to provide you with an excellent experience every time, and this includes everyone in our staff from the check in to the entertainment team. In addition, knowing that you took advantage of our Preferred club its great news and we´re glad you found it useful.

We love love to have you back one day.

Greetings from Punta Cana,

Reviewed 14 October 2015

We had two rooms in the Garden from Oct 5 - Oct 10 my wife, son, daughter, granddaughter. Junior and Ishmael the cart drivers are great. They both learned my granddaughters name as well as ours. I can't say enough about the staff at Capers.Thank You! Wilton Jose'm you did everything possible to make our stay relaxing. All of the servers at Capers are the Greatest. Kevin, Juan Carlos and all great job. All the restaurants should take lessons from Capers. I will have to say that all the food was good (all restaurants). I believe Ogledy Wander is the manager at Capers if so (over at) the main lobby should take lessons from him. The only complaints I could give are. The staff in the main lobby aren't as willing to help you. As for the rooms they where cleaned everyday (good) the turndown serves only happened one night during our stay our mini bar was filled everyday WiFi is not free. If I can give any advice here it is big and loud TIPS. Small tips often. They go a very long ways. Face it you are the one that can afford to go on vacation. We will return some day!

Room Tip: The Garden Quieter and less activities.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family

Dear Curt,

Thank you for choosing Now Larimar for your recent vacations with your family. In the name of the entire team we can only say thank you for your words. We are humbled to receive so many lovely praises about your stay with us. Even more, we have to thank you for using this channel to voice your satisfaction with the quality of the service provided.

We greatly appreciate your feedback in regards to the friendliness of our staff, both positive and negative. I will make sure to congratulate Kevin, Juan Carlos, Ogledy and the rest for their excellent service.

Please let us know when you´re planning to comeback so we can wait for you appropriately.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 14 October 2015

The resort was absolutely beautiful, one of the better resorts on the island in my opinion. However, I am sad to say there were a lot of issues with my room which was apart of the preferred club. Upon arrival, the treatment was spectacular and I felt great. Once I arrived at my room, there was only one set of towels there. I had to call and request the towels, the bath robes and slippers. The phone by the beds did not work, so we had to use the one in the bathroom. The bathroom is great, the shower was amazing. We had an Jacuzzi on the balcony, we requested for someone to come out and hook up it up with bubbles, flowers etc.... More so for the pictures and this never happened. The electrical outlet sparked when I pulled in the iron and caused the outlet to come out of the wall, scary to say the least. Out of 4 nights, we received the night turndown service ONCE and would of loved to have it every night because it was great what they did but again, it happened once. I ended up getting sick while there from the food and I have been sick for a week now. My system did not agree with the food, especially the food at the beach bar. Probably because the burgers were not well done and the food sat out in the heat. For overall appearance, I give this resort a thumbs up, for food and my room, I give it a thumbs down.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lola339

Dear Lola339,

Thank you for choosing Now Larimar for your recent holidays.

We appreciate the fact that you took the time to write a review about your experience at the hotel. Your words and comments are very important to us.

This said, we would like to thank you for taking the time to highlight the beauty of our installations, and the fact that the welcome to our hotel was an enthusiastic one. We are also happy to read that our bathrooms and showers were up to your standards and you found them good.

On the other hand, please receive our deepest apologies for not providing an overall excellent experience. This is our goal and it is a disheartening thing to know that we have failed in this mission. This includes the fact that your phone did not work and the inconsistency in the turndown service. Please know that by no means such treatment is the standard at our hotel and that I have taken very serious note of your comments, especially the one regarding the outlet inconvenience.

I am sending you my warmest regards and apologies,

Reviewed 14 October 2015

Everything was excellent! The food was amazing. Was always full! Everyone was extremely nice and friendly. Always something to do! The beach was beautiful! I love my life there! The entertainment team were the greatest! The best entertainment crew were: 50 Cent, J'Z 23, Shaggy, Coco Cola, Snow, Sexy, Shadow, Blondy, Rihanna, Charlie Brown, Gabino, Jairo, and Wander (Mr. Wanderful). I never stopped laughing or dancing!! Best time ever! Cheers to the Larimar team!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank AnitaH_33

Dear Anita H_33,

Thank you for choosing Now Larimar for your recent vacations.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay with us.

For us it is very important to know that our service and personnel made your holiday memorable, and that you left the resort, and will remember us as an EXCELLENT service. On your behalf I will tell the all the staff your warm words of support and encouragement, sure they will give them even more energy and encouragement.

You know that you are like family to us!

Sending my warmest regards,