6,180 results
All reviews golf cart grand suite level lobby level family wilson perez gabi restaurant level guests adults only section gabi pool vip lounge adult level steak and lobster caribe tropical main lobby la pagoda american grill dominican restaurant
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

First of all, they are offering online restaurants, bars, pools which are NOT IN SERVICE... we had notice that in this resort suffered a big fire on December/2017 and all the affected area IS CLOSED. Really the offer of restaurants is poor, so this service doesn't superate our expectations. The service in general is good (not to high, like other in Punta Cana). We can't say this were an excellent vacation!

Date of stay: May 2018
2  Thank yolandac85
MeliaCT, Community Manager at The Level at Melia Caribe Tropical, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Dear Yolanda,

I would like to start by thanking you for the valuable time you invested to share your comments and thoughts with the TripAdvisor community.

We strive to offer you a memorable experience and, in order to do so, we renovate constantly our facilities and services. Furthermore, as you just noted, we suffered a fire last December and we are still working to renovate some of our areas. However, please be certain, all our areas should be opened next month. We do our best to avoid any disturbance to our guests and offer all the expected services. I apologize if, due to the renovation projects, you were not able to enjoy your vacation time with us.

We really hope you come visit us again so we can show you all the beautiful surprises we have in store for you.

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

The concierge name Franklin we enjoyed his hospitality and Domingo at the swim up bar we had a ball it is a nice place to go all adult. We had several difference restaurants that we could attend and the water aerobics at 11 AM with bicycle in the water that was nice and ATV road trip my son had a nice time with friends and family to celebrate his birthday bash

Trip type: Travelled with friends
MeliaCT, Community Manager at The Level at Melia Caribe Tropical, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Dear Guest,

We would like to extend my sincere gratitude for your kind words. Moreover, we thank you for the valuable time you invested to share your comments with us.

It is a pleasure to know you and your family had a great time and that our team went the extra mile to make your stay and your son’s birthday more memorable. In this sense, we will gladly share your compliments with Franklin and Domingo, who will be thrilled to know their efforts didn’t go unnoticed.

Thanks for your visit. We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

This was my 13th time and my wife's second time to the our forever home and I and my wife decided to celebrate our honeymoon in our forever home, from September 29th to October 7th. We stayed at the Level at Melia Tropical and we had the best time ever. I will break this review down into sections and at the end will give a final summation of our trip

Flight: 3.5 out 5

We traveled via Air Transat due to the savings and I will never travel with them again, mainly due to the cramped seating , being 6ft, it was just too tight , unlike Sunwing where I have had more comfortable flights in many respects.

Reception: 5 out 5

When you first arrive, which will take about 25 minutes or less, you will arrive at the Melia Tropical Caribe side which is very open air and beautiful. You will then be whisked away via golf cart to the, as of this writing, which will be changing, the lobby of the Level Adults only. When we arrived we were taking into the air conditioned lounge where we signed in , given our room cards, bracelets and then taken to our room.

Room: 4.5 out 5

When we arrived at our room we had a honeymoon banner in Spanish on our door and one of the most beautiful rooms I have ever had. Special thanks from the bottom of my heart goes to Roselis Tejada Wedding Coordinator for surprising my wife with what we found to our surprise when we opened the door to be a Jacuzzi Suite. The room was very spacious, the air con was cold and fully adjustable, the mini fridge stocked with beer(coors light) , juice, pop, water and a chocolate bar. The bathroom had a big walk in shower with dual shower heads, the jacuzzi was amazing with lighted wall painting above the jacuzzi and large balcony. The only reason I did give the room was due to the bathroom door not closing properly on the first attempts and the shower door not closing fully, none of which spoiled my opinion of this resort in any way. I also informed guest services upon check out of these minor issues so that they could have them rectified for the next guests.

Resort Grounds: 5 out 5

This resort has one of the most beautiful grounds I have seen in all my trips to Republica Dominicana and that stems from the hard work from the grounds people over the many years since its inception. The mana curing, the beautiful flowers, palm trees, beautiful pink flamingos all lend to create just a stunning paradise. There are 2 pools at the adults only, one beachfront in front of the Quattro and the other large pool where everyone congregated with swim up bar, behind the beach pool.

Resort Transportation: 5 Out 5

Before we left we read about about some problems with regards to waiting long periods for shuttle service . In our stay and I talking to other guests during our stay we experienced no issues, the most we may have had to wait was maybe 10 minutes and if you have to wait more then grab a drink and relax because your in paradise and what's the rush. Delays can happen for many reasons, including flat tires which we saw. Transportation is provided from the adults section to the main area of entertainment and restaurants, The Tropical side, via carts and trains, one red and one green. Therefore covered shelters with phones that you can use to call for pickup and you can get pickup for your room by calling reception.

Restaurants: 5 out 5

There is one restaurant located at the present adults only, which is the Quattro , on the beach, which is a dual restaurant that is open for breakfast , lunch, both of which are buffet and at night the upper portion becomes the Italian restaurant and the lower level, the steakhouse, a la carte at night where we found the food to be very good with excellent serviceWe also dinned at the exclusive Gabbi restaurant where you can dine ala carte or buffet and found the food to be very good? We also dinned at the Tropical side at the Mediterranean restaurant and the French restaurant, which were both a la carte and found the food to be very good. The other restaurants, ie the Dominican, Mexican were closed due to low season.

Nightlife and Bars:

The main entertainment can be found on the Tropical side where the outdoor amphitheater can be found, the casino which houses the small disco. We found the shows to be very good and disco was hit and miss but with good music, better I am sure in high season with more people . The best bar for top shelf liquor has to be hands down , the main lobby bar and nighttime retreat at the level section serving top shelf alcohol with no charge except aged liquor. The rest of the resort including the second pool at the adults only and the bars at the Tropical that we visited only local alcohol was served and top shelf at a price.

Staff and Animacion: 5 out 5

We found the staff at all the restaurants and bars to be outgoing ,friendly and professional and also found the drivers and reception staff to be excellent.

Beach: 5 out 5

This is Bavaro beach , number 7 rated beach in the world, what more can be said. Was there sea weed, yes, but being from South America and my wife as well, and an advanced diver, I know it's just Mother Nature and you just have to enjoy, how can you not, with all with all theses beautiful palm and coconut trees surrounding you and the sound of the ocean and waves.

In conclusion Domincan republic is our forever home and we plan to buy our forever home next year in Los corales and we will 100% return to this resort. Saying all of this , as of this November the resort will be splitting in 2, the new adults only being called the Melia Punta Cana Beach to enable a separate identity. We both would like to thank Melia and both I and my wife look forward to enjoying the services at the new resort and consider this resort the number one resort in Punta Cana. Republica Dominicana es en mi Corizon, and we both miss her wonderful people, beaches,music,food...everything, todo.

Haste que nos volvamos a ver
Robert y Alessandra

Date of stay: September 2018
3  Thank Ricosauve1

Dear Robert and Alessandra,

Wow! You left me with no words to express how I felt after reading this...Thanks a lot!

We truly appreciate your detailed, amazing and sincere feedback. It is an honor to read your beautiful comments and realize what a wonderful experience you had while staying at The Level Meliá Caribe Tropical. Furthermore, I would like to extend my gratitude to you for sharing your suggestions and thoughts with other travelers.

Thanks for your high consideration of our facilities, services, grounds, accomodations, restaurants, entertainment, beach and the warm and courteous attitude of our team.

It is such a pleasure to read of your love for the Dominican Republic and we really look forward for you to become a resident of our country, so you can enjoy fully the warmth and beautiful Dominican atmosphere. Moreover, we would love to welcome you back at The Level Meliá Caribe Tropical...as you noticed, we have beautiful surprises in store for you.

Su familia dominicana les estará esperando.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent a week at The Level and it was amazing. Alex was our concierge and we honestly couldn’t ask for anymore. From the time we got there Alex realized we were getting frustrated because people were walking in getting checked in and walking out and we hadn’t even been greeted. It only went up from there.

Alex suggested which restaurants we should go to and he made our anniversary very special. He set up a bath in our jacuzzi with flower petals and that night he set up a special dinner at the steakhouse and they sang to us and gave us a cake. He was also always there when we needed a ride or had a question.

The second person we would like to mention is Omar who works at Cuatro. He remembered our drink order from the first day and always had some sort of surprise for us.

Camelo Delgado who works at the pool was also amazing. He remembered our drink order and looked for us. He would bring us drinks to our chairs or if we were in the pool we didn’t even need to ask for a refill. On our last day he saved us our favorite spot to make sure we could get it and relax.

Lastly Jayden at the level lobby bar is so interesting and pleasant to talk to. He will ask you about your life and tell you about his life. He is willing to try and make any drink you want just to make you happy!

We had an amazing trip but these 4 definitely played a big part in our happiness this week.

The rest of the staff was also awesome. We didn’t have a problem with anyone. They are all friendly, our room was always clean, everything was always restocked (we went through about 6-8 water bottles a day) and if we needed something it came very quickly!

It is a great place to stay if you can understand they are trying to do renovations to make things better!

1  Thank T5693AVjessicad

Dear Jessica,

Wow! Thanks a lot for your amazing and sincere review. We are delighted to know you had a wonderful vacation time at The Level Meliá Caribe Tropical.

However, I must apologize if you did not receive the high quality service you deserved at your arrival at the hotel. Nevertheless, it is a pleasure to know that Alex took care of it and offered you a warm, friendly and professional assistance. Furthermore, we thank you sincerely for your appreciation of the courteous service your received from Omar, Carmelo and Jayden. I am glad they were able to make your stay and anniversary more memorable.

I would like to thank you, as well, for your understanding of the renovation projects at the resort. We are working to further improve our facilities and services and we really hope to welcome you and your boyfriend again in the near future, so you can enjoy all the beautiful surprises we have in store for you.

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Currently staying here.. it’s the second day and we’ve already had numerous bad experiences!! The hotel itself is beautiful, but not the cleanest. The grounds are very nice but that’s about it. The first day we arrived, we waited about 30 minutes just for check in. We noticed right away that a lot of the staff is not very friendly and it looks as though they’re doing us a favor by making drinks, serving food, etc. Definitely not all the staff but enough to grab our attention. This morning we woke up at 10 am (decent time), got ready and went to get breakfast only to find out that breakfast stops at 10:30 and there is nothing to eat until 12 pm for lunch.. such a disappointment! Our room today was not cleaned! And finally.... I’ve saved the best for last- we just came back from grabbing some snacks at Gabi, their buffet restaurant, and we found a WORM on our plate as we were eating. It was definitely from the food and we couldn’t figure out what. I showed the workers who first told me it’s no problem and then they apologized. I don’t think I want to eat here again. Also, their website advertises a lot of restaurants but fail to mention that a good chunk of them are closed and not working.

UPDATE: our room got cleaned and we got pillowcases with mold on them.

1  Thank Emilija P
MeliaCT, Community Management at The Level at Melia Caribe Tropical, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Dear Emilija,

Please, receive our gratitude for having allowed us to be the hosts of your recent holidays in Dominican Republic.

We are constantly looking to improve the experience of our guests, which is why your comments and observations are highly appreciated.

Our team is committed to provide a pleasant welcome and brief registration process to our guests; therefore, we lament to learn that this has not been your experience. Please, receive our sincerest apologies for the time taken.

It surprises us to learn about your comments regarding the schedule of our snack since we count with a snack during the period mentioned to ensure our guests can enjoy our gastronomy during the day.
It surprises even more to read your lines regarding the situation while eating, since the hygiene and quality of our products is upmost importance for us. Once more, we would like to extend you our apologies, we assure you that after having shared your observations with our Food and Beverage Director, the corrective actions will be immediately taken wherever need.

Again, we would like to thank you for having selected us, as well as for the time taken to share your impressions, they will play a key role to ensure the quality of the services we offer in this, your home away from home.

Community Management