Iberostar Punta Cana
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
7,185 results
All reviewspunta canala marimbalobby barsteakstar rock cafedominican republicstar friendsseafoodspecialty restaurantsthe oriental restaurantguest servicesapple vacationssaona islandmake reservationsjunior suiteoutback safarievening shows
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I stayed here for Christmas and new year with my husband and 2 teenage children. We all had just the best time. This hotel is spotless everywhere, service excellent, great entertainment team, immaculate grounds and gardens and great food. All staff go to great effort to make your time there wonderful. The Christmas and new year gala dinners were stunning, the hotel went to great lengths to make the evenings special. They also put on a fantastic New Years party, again I cannot express the time and hard work that was put into it to make it special. Well done Iberostar Punta Cana for getting it just perfect.

That is all except the gym.
I did not want to spoil this review but feel It had to be mentioned. It was old, lots of the equipment was out of order or did not work properly, so it was hard to actually get on anything. If you like using the gym on holiday you will be disappointed, the gym 1/10 Everything else 10/10.

Despite the gym we all had the most fantastic holiday and would highly recommend to anyone of all ages. We travelled with first choice which was also very good, as was their rep Raphael, a big well done, a holiday to remember.

Room Tip: We had pool view room and feel it was the best. No complaints what so ever.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Kay C
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for posting a review about your experience at the Iberostar Punta Cana. In the name of Mrs. Helena Santos, Hotel Manager, we also thank you for choosing our premises to enjoy your Christmas and New Year’s vacation.
It is a satisfaction for the whole to acknowledge that our hotel premises, gastronomy and services could ensure you a memorable stay during that special period of the year. In Iberostar two of our guiding principles are to provide the best service through a high qualified team and to offer an international cuisine. We are very pleased to know your positive valuation in both areas.
We will be glad to welcome you back again, do nothesitateto contact us to help you enjoy your next visit.
Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 5 February 2013

This was our second visit to the Iberostar Punta Cana and we enjoyed it just as much as our first. The other couple that traveled with us had a wonderful week as well. The staff, as always, and we find this at every Iberostar we visit, was attentive, friendly and so much fun! The buffet restaurants have every type of food you can imagine and the beach restaurants during the day are just as good. Specialty restaurants are superb and I would suggest the steak restaurant. Make your reservations early so you can relax the rest of your vacation. Rooms are clean and maid service very efficient. Bavaro beach is one of the most beautiful beaches we have been to and we have visited many of the Caribbean islands. If you love to walk the beach, this is the beach for you! The resort is very safe at night with ample security. Be sure to visit the disco for a cardio workout after all the eating and drinking during the day! Entertainment was fair; we found the band and local talent at the Punta Cana resort more fun than the nightly shows on the Dominicana side of the resort. We did the Saona Island excursion this trip and it was a great time. Beware that it is a full day 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. but worth it! As far as shops, visit the little street of shops on the Dominicana side and also the beach vendors to the right of the Dominicana (also a nice walk on the beach). Caribbean Street, to the left of the Punta Cana side is also a great place to shop. Whether you are looking for a relaxing, low-key or activity-filled vacation, you can't go wrong at the Iberostar Punta Cana or Dominicana! I'm sure we will visit many more times in the years to come.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor and at the end of the hall and it was very quiet. There is an elevator, but we chose the stairs for exercise. Our building was mid-way between the beach and the main lobby/buffet/entertainment so it was a great location.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michelle P
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Dear guest,
We thank you for your loyalty towards Iberostar Punta Cana as your holiday’s destination and for taking the time to post a review about your second experience with us.
In the name of Mrs. Helena Santos and the whole team, we would like to express you our satisfaction to acknowledge that our friendly staff, our international cuisine, our daily and nightly entertainment options and our beautiful premises have ensured you another unforgettable experience as we aim in Iberostar Hotels and Resorts.
We will be glad to welcome you back and remain at your disposition for any assistance prior your arrival.
Best regards,

Reviewed 5 February 2013

My first trip to the DR and I it was more than I could have ever expected!! Let me first say I was in the company of "Gina" and "The Zumba Grupo" which made our trip even more special. Our greeting was fabulous complete with coconut drinks and music. Dancing followed which was pretty much expected. Check in was a dream and so easy. Rooms were the cleanest I have ever seen and the beds were stripped and remade daily!! My room was beautiful with a beach view (yes I could see the ocean) and right by the pools. The ocean was beautiful, warm, and the beach was clean!! The pool was wonderfully refreshing!! The food was delightful and even if I would have liked a bit more spice, I was able to zing things up with peppers and such on my own. The Entertainment Staff was PHENOMENAL!!! Made fast friends with Maria, Popeye, and Emilio (who promised to Love Me For Free ... actually he says that to everyone!) It was nice to feel so welcomed by people as if I were friends with them for years!! The shows were fantastic and I was so impressed by the talent at the resort!! I didn't spend as much time at the night club but that because I was afraid I would miss something during the day so I never really napped. Next year, I will schedule those naps! The Spa was wonderful .. my husband had a massage and wanted to take the masseuse with him and I had a facial, probably the best one I have ever had! When I left, I cried ... and I don't mean figuratively, I mean really cried!! I wanted the time to go on and on and on!! Will be back next January!!! Love your resort ... Love your staff ... and Love your country!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Julie L
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Dear guest,
We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your holidays and for promoting Zumba. In the name of Mrs. Helena Santos, hotel Manager, we also thank you for publishing your experience on Tripadvisor.
We are very pleased to acknowledge your memorable experience at Iberostar Punta Cana. Our whole team is motivating by your lines referring their excellent work in all different areas of our hotel premises. In Iberostar we aim to ensured unforgettable holidays to our valuable “stars” on vacation. We have congratulated Maria, Popeye and Emilio
We are looking forward to welcome you back and remain at your entire disposition for further assistance previous your next visit.
Best regards,

Reviewed 4 February 2013

This being our third stay at this resort, we were not disappointed. Enough cannot be said about the overall friendliness of the staff. Hector at the front desk, Maria the poolside waitress, Yenice at the buffet, Evelyn the Lobby Bar waitress, Yosemly our room maid, and of course Alfredo collecting empty glasses around the pools, all provided a fun and relaxing vacation.

We also were impressed with the Asst. Manager David Lopez and his people for answering any questions we had about planning a return trip with our grandchildren next year.

Thank you Iberostar Punta Cana !

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Btaylor300a

Dear guest,
On behalf of Mrs. Helena Santos, hotel Manager, we thank you for your loyalty when choosing Iberostar Punta Cana as your holiday’s destination and for posting a review about your third visit to our hotel premises.
We are very thankful when reading your publication highlighting out the excellent service provided by our friendly staff. In Iberostar we work with illusion to ensure our guests to “enjoy being a Star” through our service. We have congratulated Hector, Maria, Alfredo, Yanice and Yosemil for making your visit especial.
We kindly ask you to write us before your next visit; it will be a pleasure for us to welcome you back.
With regards,

Reviewed 4 February 2013

As my first time to the Dominican,I was in heaven! When I arrived at the Iberostar Punta Cana I was driven to my room which was not ready...one call and I was upgraded to a Jr. Suite. No difference really except King size bed and sofa and a little bigger! Still had to pay for TV and WIFI. The rooms are a littled dated, but clean, NO bugs in 6020! I was close to the Buffet, entertainment, Bar and Reception. Who needs a huge room with a view? I was not there to sit in my room and look out, I was there to explore and meet people! I was taken everytime, I asked, to the Beach, as I found it was a fair walk for me as I use a cane! I found I could trde in my towel for a new one at Reception instead of the Towel shack by the pools. The paths we could walk on were so beautifully surrounded by lush green grass and plants/trees etc. The food was a little bland, but the different fruits were delicious! Always a good variety of choices, of all foods, to choose from. Entertainment was finished by 10pm, with a DJ for another hour or so, so one could still have a good nights rest. The entertainers were fantastic...Bar was open till 1am. As the Bar opened at 10am, one could have a latte, as they call it, coffee with cream!, juice, non-alcohol drink, whatever your preference. Pastries were also asvailable! The Beach was beautiful and so very clean, sand was fine and not hot at all to walk on. Only thing, no loungers or chairs were available by 10 am!!! Seemed people would go down there and put their towels on the loungers and then leave. The entertainment staff would be at the Beach, pool area during the day and by the bar at night. Bingo was held every night before the Star-Band would play. The entertainers, love to show you dance moves to their music and mingled with everyone there. The Management were fantastic as all the staff to meet all your needs, some even knew your name! I would go back there in a Heartbeat!! It was sad to leave and say our good byes till next time!!

I would especially like to commend, Omar, at Reception, Johanna, at the Bar, and Martin, Evelyn, Sexy Man Emilio, Popeye Kerling, Amy, Juan for the wonderful service and laughs. You ALL made my stay very special!

I would recommend this Hotel, The Iberostar Punta Cana, to anyone, and hope to return, maybe next year!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank DrindaAnneMoore
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Dear guest,
We thank you for having chosen Iberostar Punta Cana as the destination for your first visit to the Dominican Republic and also for taking the time to post your comments about your stay among us.
In the name of the Hotel Manager, Mrs. Helena Santos and hers team; we would like to express how glad we are to read that you enjoyed your first visit to Punta Cana due to the friendliness of our staff, the variety of our gastronomy and the beauty of our premises. In Iberostar those are part of our guiding principles to ensure memorable experience to our “stars” on vacation. We have participated Omar, Johanna and the Star Friend team that their work made your holiday especial.
We will be glad to welcome you back at Iberostar Punta Cana and remain at your disposition for further assistance.
With regards,