7,476 results
All reviews punta cana la marimba lobby bar star rock cafe steak dominican republic star friends seafood specialty restaurants the oriental restaurant apple vacations guest services saona island junior suite make reservations outback safari entertainment staff
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Vacationed from June 28 through July 4th on our first visit to Punta Cana. Staff could not be more helpful. Especially, Selena at the front desk. She went out of her way on numerous occasions to accomodate our family. I wish I could experience staff like that every time we went away. The grounds were immaculate, the rooms were clean and always well-kept. The beach, well that goes without saying. We had perfect weather and, although I have stayed at Iberostar in the Riviera Maya, this vacation was even better than I expected. The Chinese restaurant, Steak house were great. My kids were looking for chicken fingers, believe it or not, at the buffets, but they did not go hungry. They feed you all day. We will be back next year for sure...if not sooner. Again, Selena you are the best! - Valarie

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Valarie C
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

Dear Valarie,
Thank you for posting a review about your experience at the Iberostar Punta Cana andyou’re your loyalty when choosing Iberostar Hotels and Resorts for your holidays.
In the name of Mrs. Helena Santos, Hotel Manager, we want to express you our satisfaction to read that you had an excellent holiday especially since it was your first visit to Punta Cana. In Iberostar we are committed to ensure a memorable experience to our beloved guest, as you have experienced it twice. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our beautiful premises, our varied gastronomy and the friendliness of our staff members (especially Selena at the Front Desk).
We are looking forward to welcome you back, please contact us before your next visit,
With kindest regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2012

First, the service and staff are so accommodating. You want it, they'll get it for you. The staff ALL are so polite and friendly. Everyone you walk by says ,"hi or hola". They laugh with you, talk to you, and just make you feel like you are friends.

The sit down restaurants were great. Again, the service is wonderful and so accommodating. Great lobster, great oriental food, great Mexican. The buffet is just like all the other buffets but again, the service is wonderful.

The rooms were wonderful! We got there a little early, and the man at the desk gave us a suite for nothing! He asked if we wouldn't mind having it because it was further away from the pool and ocean. It was awesome! It can be extremely hot and humid in the DR, even at night. Our room was awesome. The air conditioner kept our room very comfortable the who stay there. It was nice and cool. The shower worked, the mini-fridge, safe etc. all worked.

There was a guy Kerling, also known as POPEYE, who was just an awesome guy. He was one of the head entertainers and every time he saw me, he called out my name. He speaks fluent Spanish, English, French and German. He's 25! He can dance, ran a few shows that were great, funny and entertaining. I told him my birthday was on the day before we left, and he found me my last night there and gave me a nice gift (hat, certificate, metal/figurine) He didn't have to do that. He was just a great, cool guy! I told him if he came to America he's be a millionaire! My wife thought he was very good looking, so I had to keep her away from him, LOL!

Overall, this is a wonderful all-inclusive resort My wife and I have stayed at 6 other all-inclusives in various countries. This one is either at the top or 2nd. If you are planning on going to the DR, stay here! It's totally worth it!

Room Tip: Get a suite, it was cool enough to almost cold temperature wise.
1  Thank kram44
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2012

Dear Guests,
In the name of the Hotel Manager, Mrs. Helena Santos, I want to thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay at the Iberostar Punta Cana and for choosing our hotel for you holidays.
We are very happy to read you motivating valuation about the excellent service provided by our staff members. In Iberostar one of our guiding principles is to ensure a memorable stay through the kindness and professionalism of our staff. Kerling, as well as the whole Iberostar Punta Cana team are happy to read you nice comments about their work.
We look forward to welcome you again in the future, and feel free to contact us to help you enjoy your next stay with us.
Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 30 July 2012

The hotel in general was very well run for the amount of people it catered for and the grounds and restaurants were maintained very well. The check in and check out service was very underwhelming, the staff seemed disinterested and we weren’t even asked if we enjoyed our stay on check out.

It’s quite a large resort with a few restaurants you can book so you can have a little bit of variety in the evenings which is our main problem when staying at an all inclusive. Our preference is to be somewhere you can walk out an about at night and experience some different things outside of the hotel but this is not the hotels fault and you don’t go to the Dominican if you are looking for this. I would suggest you do some boat trips and excursions though as this is when I felt like I was most on holiday and you get to see a bit of the real Dominican.

As a couple in their early 30’s we did find the evening and day entertainment a little annoying but appreciate the majority of the people staying at these resorts loved it and sometimes it could be funny when the audience got involved. The entertainment staff work really hard, but at times we did want to be by the pool and not have to listen to shouting and music entertainment. I wouldn’t really recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway but it is good value for money if you want to spend two weeks in the sun and have the convenience of an all inclusive.

I will list below the positives and negatives at this hotel:

Positives
- Short journey from the airport
- Nice rooms (we stayed in the newer Junior suites)
- Good room service, cleaned well daily
- Pretty and well kept grounds, with lots of greenery
- Variety and majority of food and drinks available all day and night (people saying there is not much variety confuse me, there was the most food I have ever seen!)
- The food and restaurant service was in general very good
- Nice beach
- The use of two nice pools
- Variety of entertainment all day and night if you wanted it
- Very few mosquitos while we stayed there

Negatives
- Can get quite noisy around the pool with entertainment and large groups drinking, we would have liked an option of a quiet pool area at times
- You have to get up at the crack of dawn to reserve seats by the pool and the beach (to spite a no reserving policy, this was one of the worst places I have stayed for people reserving seats from 6 - 7am in the morning!)
- During the day restaurants by the pool were very busy and often had people eating half naked who didn’t observe the rules of putting on a shirt or some shorts which can put you off your lunch!
- Entertainment staff constantly asked for positive feedback on their surveys
- Lack lustre service at reception
- Towel service by the pool sometimes frustratingly slow
- At dinner we would have liked to be able to just have a bottle of wine left on our table rather than waiting quite often for a minute glass to be constantly refilled.

Room Tip: I believe the Junior Suites are larger and more recently updated so try to stay there.
1  Thank NatKingy
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Dear guest,
We would like to thank for writing a comment on Tripadvisor about your experience during your stay at Iberostar Punta Cana Hotel. In the name of Ms. Helena Santos, Hotel Manager, we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your destination for your holiday.
It is a pleasure for us to hear that you appreciated the kindness of our staff, the cleanness of our grounds, especially the rooms, the variety of our gastronomy. It represents in fact our basic principles as an Iberostar Hotel.
On the other hand, we are open to the valuable concerns our guest express. We have taken notes about your comments regarding the service provided by our staff in the Front Desk, the towel service and the control of the dress code in our snack bars; I have shared them to the corresponding departments, so we could take the necessary measures to prevent future incidences.
We will be happy to welcome you back again, please contact us before arrival to help you to enjoy your next vacations with us,
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2012

we just returned home today after 2 weeks holiday. Having been to the Dom Rep 4 times previously we have extensive experience of hotels of this type and this one did not disappoint in any way. The food was fantastic, the staff were brilliant especially Hector on Reception and Maria the drinks lady at the pool (or Santa Maria as we called her) who remembered what drinks we liked and made sure she brought hem to us regularly. The A la Carte restaurants were all very good, we especially enjoyed the gourmet, the Mexican and the Asian ones. Everything was clean (new sheets and towels every day) and there were no shortages of beds around the pool at any time of the day despite it being high season. My 16 year old son had a brilliant time and met loads of new friends from all over the world and it was so safe and well run that we were happy for him to do what he wanted to in the evening without fear of anything terrible happening. There were lots of things going on during the day and in the evening and you could join in if you felt like it and if you didn't there were plenty of quiet places to go. We had an issue with our aircon, which was sorted out within a couple of hours of reporting it, so I can only assume the people who are complaining that theirs didn't work, didn't report it. The grounds are impeccably tidy and groundsmen polite and really hard working. You'd have to b really picky and pedantic not to enjoy this hotel and I would happily go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank SarahAD65
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Dear guest,
First at all I would like to thank you for having chosen Iberostar Punta Cana Hotel as the destination for your vacations, also for taking the time to post your comments about your stay among us.
In the name of the Hotel Manager, Ms. Helena Santos and hers team; I would like to express how glad we are to read that you enjoyed your vacations with us due to our varied gastronomy, our beautiful grounds and the friendliness of our staff members. In Iberostar we are committed to provide the best service though our staff members. I have sent your congratulations to Maria and Hector. I assure that they will be happy to hear about your nice lines.
We kindly ask you to write us before your next visit; it will be a pleasure for us to welcome you back.
With regards,

Reviewed 24 July 2012

we just got back yesterday, the resort is beautiful and keep nice. the air conditioning could be A LOT BeTTER, our room was not much relief from the heat. and we had no control on the a/c. the buffets could have more variety, but we did not go hungry. the entertainment was good enough some shows better than others. the staff was excellent, always ready to please. the beach was great!! the pool was good too. would i go back, probably not, would i recommend this resort, probably not, did we have a good time, you bet!! vacation is what you make it, there are no perfect resorts anywhere. at least we haven't found one, there are always good and bad. we will keep looking.

Room Tip: request to be on second floor close to pool, we had a great view of ocean and pool room 5153,
4  Thank pegar
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Dear pegar,
We want to thank you for posting your comment in Tripadvisor about your experience at the Iberostar Punta Cana and for choosing our hotel for your holidays.
In the name of the Hotel Manager, Ms. Helena Santos and her team, we appreciate your positive valuation about the beauty of our premises, our beach, and the friendliness of our staff members. Those are very important aspects of our guiding principles in Iberostar.
On the other hand, we have taken notes about your feedback regarding the quality and the variety of our gastronomy, and the air conditioning. Our Executive Chef and Maintenance Manager are aware of your suggestions and are working to improve our standards. I would like to clarify though that the air conditioning control is near the head of the bed.
In case you decide to visit us one more time; please contact us before your arrival.
With kindest regards,