3,673 results
All reviewslirio buildingcaribe clubpunta canafamily roomdifferent themeswim up bardominican restaurantbuffet restaurantdominican republicteen clubguest servicesa la carte restaurantsquiet poolanimation staffmain poolnight showsspeak english
Reviewed 3 April 2018

So let me first off by saying that we chose this resort based strictly on price for a quick three day girls trip, celebrating a birthday.

As soon as we entered the resort we were helped by a kind and welcoming woman at the front desk. We asked to see if there were any room upgrades available, and for $30 extra a night we had upgraded to an ocean front room. After a long day of traveling, we were extremely grateful that our room was ready early.

They took us in a cart to our room, and when we opened the door we couldn’t believe how nice it was. Sure, it is a little bit out dated. However it was a lovely spacious room, very clean and well maintained.

I can’t speak highly enough about the workers at the resort, they all are very friendly and helpful and go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. When we came back to our room from the beach we were surprised by a bottle of rum, cigars and a fully stocked mini fridge along with plenty of towels and shampoo & conditioner.

Food: We ate mostly at the buffet. The pasta station was our favorite and they also always had plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables. The food could be improved however it was just fine for our stay. We also enjoyed the food cooked on the beach every day. One day was paella and salad and nachos. Another day it was a beach bbq, both excellent and convenient.

Grounds & Beach: AMAZING. The beach could not be any more beautiful it is picture perfect. My only complaint was that if you want to get a palapa and chairs you must go down early and reserve it with a towel, otherwise good luck finding any. The grounds were also extremely beautiful, plenty of nature and flowers and animals running around.

I want to also give a special shout out to Carmen of the animation team, she took the time to talk to us and tell us about the shows. She was extremely bubbly and sweet. Also the entire wait staff in the buffet who sang Happy Birthday to my sister, thank you all SO MUCH. You made our trip. Also thank you to the woman who decorated our room with balloons as a special birthday surprise.

Overall I would say don’t let the negative reviews about this resort deter you. This was probably the most affordable vacation I have ever been on, and it ranks up there with the best. The staff is kind and helpful, the grounds are beautiful and everything was just amazing.

Room Tip: 2313 Ocean View Room, the most amazing view
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
7  Thank Kelly F
Community-Princess, General Manager at Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Kelly F.
Thank you for taking your time to post a review of your trip at Tropical Princess.
We are delighted that you choose our resort as your holiday destination and we appreciate all the positive comments regarding our hotel facilities. It is good to read that you could take advantage of everything we offer and you and your friends had your best girl’s trip ever.
We invite you to join our community visiting our Facebook fan page Hotel Tropical Princess to become part of our family and interact with our staff.
We would love to have another opportunity to be your host again on your next trip to Dominican Republic.
My sincerest gratitude,

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed for a week at the Tropical Princess. It was very clean. The entertainment is excellent. The nature walk in the resort is filled with ducks, geese, egrets and turtles. I was able to wall for miles safely on the beach as you have access to the beach at all the other hotels as well. I would like to also commend Alberto from the buffet wait staff on his friendliness.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tammy L
Community-Princess, General Manager at Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear Tammy L.
Thank you for you for sharing the comments of your stay at Tropical Princess.
We are extremely happy that you choose our hotel as your tourist destination and we highly appreciate all the recognition you give to our service in general. We love your review, short but concise highlighting what made you feel pleased and happy staying within us and choosing our hotel facilities.
We invite you to join our community visiting our Facebook Hotel Tropical Princess to become part of our family and interact with our staff. We will forward your gratitude and greetings to Alberto as he will be happy knowing from you.
We are looking forward to welcome you on your next trip to the Caribbean.
Cordial greetings,

Reviewed 29 March 2018

This was our first time to the DR. Overall, the resort was absolutely spectacular. The pools were great and food was excellent. Everything was close so we didn't have far to walk. The walk (or ride) from the rooms to the reception was a peaceful scenic walk with tons of wildlife.

The resort was extremely clean. Staff was up at the crack of dawn sweeping the pathways, cleaning the pools and raking the beach. An absolutely fantastic job by the staff.

The restaurant was extremely clean and the food was very nicely displayed. I didn't eat anything I didn't like.

The beach was soft and the water was warm.

One of our beds broke and within 30 minutes of reporting it to maintenance, it was fixed. Absolutely fantastic.

The only negatives I can come up with are:
1. There could be more chairs on the beach
2. The rooms could/should be updated (especially the A/C and fridges)
3. It would be nice to have benches throughout the resort

Highly recommend this resort to all my friends and family.

Room Tip: If you're travelling as family, spend the extra on the family room. Well worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Scott R

Dear Guest.
We appreciate the time you took to post a review of your stay at Tropical Princess.
We are happy and thankful that you choose our resort as your tourist destination as well as for all the compliments regarding our hotel facilities. It is wonderful to read that you could take advantage of almost everything we offer as our main goal will be always try to please our guests as much as we can.
On the other hand we would like to apologize for any possible inconvenience that you may have encountered while having your holidays. We appreciate your review and your valuable feedback and haven taken all your comments into consideration we promise to look into every point expressed to take the necessary measures to correct this issue.
We hope to have another opportunity to be your host again on your next trip to Dominican Republic.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Tropical Princess, choose this resort for the Family room offering, as many resorts do not offer rooms with second bedroom, as my wife and I traveled with our 18 yr old daughter and tried to avoid getting two rooms. This fit perfect. We have stayed at the Princess resorts in Playa Del Carman Mexico on 3 occasions, Grand Riveria Princess, so we looked forward to indulging in another Princess location.
I do admit reading the reviews I had some concerns, but we are all about forms of relaxing on vacations and not so picky. So here is my honest low down, if you expect this to be a 4+ star resort, it is not, but parts could easily be considered part of a 4 star plus resort. For value for the dollar very nice place, sure if you want nicer newer buildings then pay more and go elsewhere, but really you are on vacation in a beautiful place, how much time do you spend in the room? I understand Princess company knows this resort is older, so they have cheaper prices here, which attracts more people that may not choose to do a All Inclusive resort, or don't want to pay higher prices for larger families with children. But here this resort is a good value for Families with children that want to be on a beautiful beach area with warm sun and breeze coming off the Caribbean/ Atlantic Ocean. You can relax at great pools or the beach, and have some fun at the main activity pool or on the beach.
Points of Notice:
Entertainment Team: WOW!!! These guys and gals work hard everyday and night at shows also. If you like to have FUN, and don't mind having others smile or laugh at you having fun, do join in on the Crazy Games, you could win great prizes. Few stand outs; Johnathan amazing guy, strong, funny, great dancer, seems like a well rounded guy that likes to help people have fun. Soli is a cutie, smile that gives a warm invite to joining in, she also is a great dancer, supper nice. Carman also a Team player, funny, great cheerleader always cheering for everyone to encourage people to have fun. Then there is Yuli, probably the spark plug of the Team, easily has the nicest built legs, calves are amazing. (LOL, sorry Yuli had to say something about those legs of yours, reminded us of a guy that was on the Riveria Princess Ent. Team names Chicken :) ) Anyways Yuli very fun exciting guy, be careful what he talks you into, it is fun but, as he says "All Inclusive on Vacation, no worries". Whole Team was wonderful, even the Dancers, shows were great, only thing they could improve is all the dance shows seem to be the same after a few shows of the dancing variety type. But Lion King and theme shows where great. Miguel is a better energetic announcer, than the other guy that makes weird "wow" noises.
Bartenders/Servers: All very willing to serve and take care of you. Have to understand sometimes they are being overwhelmed, so have patience and you get good service, tips help also. Few stand outs; Oscar at the 24hr Bar, every time i went to that bar he was there, hard worker and if you stop and let him know you appreciate him he greets you with a smile each return. At Pool Bar; Carlos was my guy, Great Guy, Smiles, friendly, hustles, wants to stay busy and help people. (Need guys like this back home that are willing to work hard like he does.) Welinton was another Pool bartender, performed some balancing on head drinks dancing and pumped people up. Then Juelina, was a friendly smile that worked other poolside bar and in the lobby, friendly and smiled remembering what you have ordered in the past. Yommy in Buffet was outstanding also, nice guy. I like the Presidente Beer, tastes better than Carona.
Food was good, Buffet and snack bar where well maintained, did Dominican Restaurant and thought it was great food and the the Brazilian restaurant was great also, steak was especially wonderful and wife and daughter loved the chicken.
Foam Party on Friday was fun and a lot of people joined in.
This is a International resort where English speaking is way a minority, for me I don't speak Spanish but know a little and could understand Spanish in Mexico, maybe from being there a few times but Dominican Spanish is very fast and my daughter who knows more Spanish had hard time. But we seem to find no problems communicating, with patience in mind. Lots of French and Russian speaking vacationers.
Maid Service in rooms was excellent for us, asked for extra water and lift a tip and had plenty of bottles waiting for us in our fringe each day.
Room was clean, no problem with sheets being dirty, beds are firm but I like a firmer bed, not the hardest bed I have every had at a resort so no complaints. Yes, walls could use a new paint job and bathroom ceiling had some issues with holes in tile. But clean, shower worked and was warm water, not concerned about a pencil mark on a wall or a water stain on the glass, just was up and lay down after a long day in the sun, room perfect for that. TV was a standard 30" flat screen, seemed fine. I think some rooms have been fixed up already and others maybe haven't we were ok with our family room 3339, even though it was on a corner.
So the buildings do need some updating and Princess should be re-investing in this resort in off seasons fixing the rooms by sections, as there was 2 bathrooms closed, one by main Buffet and one inside the snack bar area, these should be fixed. Grounds are fantastic but the concrete paths need work in many areas, as they have shown years of wear. Beach sand area, this resort sits on an amazing beach area and the Atlantic waters are refreshing to swim in.
Biggest complaint, smoking, not resorts fault just being more international, other nations smoke more than I believe we in the USA are used to. Wish some other vacationers would be more considerate of their smoking, we always tried to be upwind from others. And yes, way to many people asking you if you want an excursion, massage, tour, etc.. but just say No, as they are used to it and move on. Also wish they had Diet Coke in the rooms.
I really enjoyed our stay, after thinking and looking overall to this resort, I would come back here, YES, and would recommend to others with warnings not to be picky. My opinion it is a 3.5 to 4 star nice resort overall and has many amenities and a 5 star Beach location (if you don't mind a few waves).
Nice Job TEAM Tropical Princess, please always look to improve what can be a Jewel of the Dominican and Give all The Entertainment Team a Bonus, as they work hard for it!! Also to CARLOS: "SOLUT".

Room Tip: We stayed on 3rd floor so no issues from rooms above or being close to ground level.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Frank B

Dear Frank B.
Thank you for posting a very detailed review of your holiday at Tropical Princess.
We would like to thank you for having chosen our resort as your tourist destination and for all the compliments regarding our hotel and all the advantages we offer. We are to read that you enjoyed everything we offer highlighting as the best the dedication and friendliness of our staff.
On the other hand we do apologize for any possible inconvenience you might have experienced staying within us.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I have never had to make a complaint about any vacation I have ever taken but this hotel should not be rated a 4 star at most it is a 2.5 and thats being generous! Sunwing you should be ashamed! I spent a-lot of money to stay here with my family in a family suite..... Horrible! Even after complaining about the filth in our suite they finally after hours of waiting took us to see 4 more rooms ALL the same! Stay away from this hotel. I took my family somewhere else and had to spend another 5000$. Still waiting on sunwing for some kind of compensation but they haven't even responded to my complaint! The rooms are old dirty rusty and moldy, the tiles are filthy and cracked every where. The beds are like pizza boxes, blankets are dirty, only one small TV in family suite rooms. Nothing like the pictures at ALL!! The buffet is full of flies but the staff is very kind in the restaurant. My room and balcony was even accompanied with what I thought was bird poop all over the place.. but no not birds it was BATS!! thats right bats 13 to be exact such a treat! I have pictures and videos of this hotel and if I could post them I could. This place is a health hazard to yourself and your children ..Stay somewhere else!

Stayed: February 2018
4  Thank lesran2018
Community-Princess, General Manager at Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear Lesran2018.
We appreciate the time you took to post a review of your stay at our property.
First of all we would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel as holiday destination but we regret that your stay here with us could not meet all your expectations as our main goal is to please all our visitors.
Concerning this subjective point of view about the Hotel's rating, we honestly understand your perception but we totally disagree as basically more than the 85% of our guests have an excellent perception of our services and premises giving the other 15% to different opinions between good and poor. It was not an accident that for many years in row our Hotel has been recommended by travel agencies and tour operators and most important certified by the thousands of guests who visited in the past. Anyhow, we appreciate and respect your point of view but it is simple that (your point of view).
As a Customer Service enterprise that we represent, we always want our clients to have their best vacation ever meanwhile they are staying with us and we are deeply sorry to hear that you did not have great memories as consequence of this experience lived. However we believe in second opportunities and we would love to receive you again on your next trip to Dominican Republic, we assure that we will make as much as we can in order to give you the best holidays ever and you will never regret.
Honestly,