6,476 results
All reviews pizza bar main pool cafe dominicano villas section jacuzzi bar pizza place a la carte restaurants palm trees quiet pool main buffet swimming area star resort saona island beautiful beach animation team santo domingo beach bar
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We went to IFA after reading many negative reviews with an open but concerned mind. We were pleasantly surprised! We stayed in the older of the buildings...had no complaints. It was clean, comfortable and had everything we needed. Food was great. Drinks were good. Beach amazing...well worth the 7min walk or quick cart ride. Construction is happening but it was quiet and looks as though it will be fantastic when it is completed.
We would definitely go back.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
IFAHOTELS, Coordinador de Comunicaciones at IFA Villas Bavaro Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our complex as your recent tourist destination. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and the clean comfortable room and the all inclusive packet meet your expectation. Your expositions verily help to future travelers to make an accurate choice at the moment they are planning their vacation time.

We want to thanks for sharing your review and many thanks for taking your time for such a motivating comment.

We hope to have the pleasure host you one more time in the near future.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

What can I say they are building a new resort toward the beach which is covered up ..trolley rides to and from the beach are quick ..Try some thing new The Spa it run by a nice lady named Alessandra Pignatiello ,,my wife and I enjoy a wonderful massage for an hour ...they have a professional photographer named Henry Flores takes beautiful pictures..if you ever go to this resort ask for a girl name Chocolate at the front desk of the spa she will take good care of your request for a message or photo shoot. Can’t wait for the new resort to be done ..pizza still the best around. All the Staff working around the pool were very friendly and helpful .not much has change at IFA over the years new building. Balconies now which the wife enjoys..I will go back for my 15 time to enjoy this beautiful country.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 125Bob

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kinds words and the time you took to share them with us. It is great to read, that you enjoyed your vacation time at IFA Villas Bávaro Resort Bávaro Resort & Spa. We appreciate that you have included the details of our areas, services and staff, we are very happy to know that we met your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Me and my Husband stayed from March 23-27, I've seen other reviews on this place and to tell you the truth you pay for what you get, people complained that the beach wasn't close to the resort so what go and take a walk down to the beach or just wait for the shuttle simple as that. Our room was very nice only thing was that they forgot to bring in extra towels. Pikalo pizza bar was amazing the pizza was so good and the fried chicken was great aswell. Cafe Dominicano was a very nice relaxing spot I had cafe español which was coffee and brandy very good and the cappuccino was good too. I don't know what the other reviews are talking about when they said the buffet wasn't good and that they had the same thing everytime because when I went their menu changed everyday and it was good food I guess those people are just picky eaters. The theater was entertaining. The people in the lobby always greeted us and smiled at us. Ooh and the massage me and my husband got was amazing they literally cracked every part of our bodies we left there like jellies awesome massage. If you walk to the beach trust me its worth the walk, and besides they have 2 shuttle going and coming back for you lazy people who don't wanna walk. Overall everything was great when we stayed. I can't wait to see when it opens up again.

1  Thank IleanaR3
IFAHOTELS, Coordinador de Comunicaciones at IFA Villas Bavaro Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your detailed recapitulation and would like to thank you very much for letting us know the aspects of your stay. We are happy to know that you and your husband enjoyed the time in our complex and the facilities, food, services and attention provided by our friendly and helpful staff meed your spectations.

We hope that the memories of this great experience will remain vividly in your memories till you visit us again real soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

We recently travelled on March 17 to 24, 2018. This was the 3rd time in DR and had certain expectations.

PROS: beautiful resort, villas where nice, clean, 3 pools, lots of chairs at the beach and no need to wake up at 6am to put your towel on a chair. Thank god for the Pikalo restaurant!
CONS: big resort far from the beach, no lobby bar, only 1 buffet restaurant, A la Carte reservations can only be done on the same day with a long lineup starting at 8am, trolley to the beach could only bring 7 people at a time and there was a lot of arrogant people who would cut the line. No entertainment as the Animation group was on days off and we barely saw them. Café area did not serve the famous Café Special or any café with liqueur. Coffee was not great at all, which to me was very strange as they are known for good coffee. Construction had the water shut down at the beach restaurant, where the bathroom next to food was not the best smell! You need to pay for the safe. Oh, and I got stolen my beach towel I brought from home and some other people got some stuff stolen from their chairs. There is no such thing as Lost and Found at reception..., once its found, its lost!

In all, I won't complain as I was in the sun rather than the snow. I did however feel the atmosphere lacking and different from my other 2 previous trips in Dominican. The positive/good feel was lacking.
The resort is expanding and a lot of construction is happening. The staff could possibly feel the change, thus the reason for the staff attitude...not sure. I would like to see the expansion when complete, however, unless it would be a fair price I would not visit IFA again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
IFAHOTELS, Coordinador de Comunicaciones at IFA Villas Bavaro Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear Guest,

We are glad to know that you enjoyed our clean areas, beach and facilities.

In relation to your feedback, we sorry the image that you obtained from us, due that it is not the image we are accustomed to offering our visitors. Since we work to maintain an effective service to our clients and to satisfy their needs.

Please rest assured that all the info you have raised have been addressed and that appropriate corrective actions have been taken. It is our hope that you might consider giving us a second chance, so that we may provide you with the experience you were looking forward to.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

I stayed at this hotel from march 17th to march 24th 2018.

The staff is not friendly at all, I got a smile once or twice during my 7 days there. They seem to work extremely long hours, the same waiters seemed to be there at breakfast at 6am and at dinner at 9pm, which might explain why they don't feel like being nice.

When we arrived the air conditioner wasn't working, had to call the guest service. A couple of days later we had no water and I don't mean that we had no hot water, we had NO water. Several other guests had the same issue, so I called guest service.

One day room service did not leave any toilet paper, so I had to call guest service again for that. On an other occasion, room service didn't leave towels... guest service.

The food at the buffet is not very good and didn't inspire confidence at all. I ended up eating pretty much the same thing all week. On a positive not, the pizza bar was pretty good.

To get a reservation for an a la carte restaurant you have to do a line up at 8 in the morning, and the line can get pretty long so we only went to one once, I think it was called the Catalina. That was pretty good and the service was a little better.

I know they are closing for renovation soon and I eared that it was supposed to reopen as a 5 star hotel. I'm no expert on hotel ratings but I'm pretty sure that to get a 5 star rating it takes a lot more then just pretty new rooms.

All in all I wouldn't go back to this hotel and would not recommend it.

1  Thank Frédéric L
IFAHOTELS, Coordinador de Comunicaciones at IFA Villas Bavaro Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your experience in our complex, the opinion of our guest is valuable to us. It is good for us to know that you liked the pizzas offered in our snack Pikalo. However, we regret to know that we did not meet your expectation since one of our main objectives is the satisfaction of our guests with the food quality, services, friendly staff and facilities.