3,314 results
All reviewsfirst clubroyal clubbeach barla divagrand levelpunta canaseafoodmain buffeta la carte restaurantsstayed in buildingspring breakersjacuzzi on the balconypalm treespizza placebeautiful beachocean frontmain pool
Reviewed 12 August 2017

I was in Occidental Punta Cana from July 8th thru July 22nd, 2017. It's the first time I've been there since it's part of Barcelo and since the renovations. I liked very much what I saw ... and would probably return. It was the first time for my boyfriend, and he wants to return, he loved it. I need to mention that the staff was as friendly and nice as ever with special mention to : 1) Franklin Robles ... it's always nice to see and old friend and enjoy his friendliness and enthusiasm, what a wonderful person!! 2) Our favorite Sommelier : Jose Alberto Zorrilla Tejada, he always helped us chose wonderful wines .. and his smily face was contagious! Thank you Jose! 3) Our
First club waitress : Anarely Bonilla, she was always there to serve us and was very attentive, another smily face for all !!!
All the staff are always nice and we can see that these three that I have mentioned, enjoy what they do!!! Thank you to all!
Other points :
a) The rooms were very nice (we were in top floor for Building 25), nice corner room. The cleaning could be improved though. And, although not necessary, there were no special touches as i have been accustomed to in the past in the room : flowers, towels shaped as figurines (ducks) ...
b) Restaurants : The food is OK, but can be improved quite a bit ... this would be my most important complaint.
Conclusion : I would definitely return, but would appreciate improvements on the points I have mentioned. BUT, I LOVE THIS PLACE ANYHOW .... WILL BE BACK !!! Thank you !!!

Room Tip: My choice is 2nd or 3rd floor ... but it's a personal choice. My room was a corner room on third floor, high ceiling and larger gallery.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
gpcsm, Community Manager at Occidental Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear Cs-cristina,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. There is nothing more important to us than to provide each and every guest with an excellent holiday experience, which is why we are thrilled to hear that you were satisfied with the quality of service you received. We have also forwarded your complains and suggestions to the general management of our resort, so the necessary improvements could be made. Please know, we will share your comments with Franklyn, Jose Alberto, and Anarely.

Once again, we thank you for choosing to stay with us. We would be thrilled to host you again in the future. We guarantee your next stay will be far better than your last.

It was our pleasure to serve you.

Cordial regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2017

very nice resort - clean - beautiful beach but no umbrellas on beach - food was disappointing- proper information re. First Club not given upon arrival - close ride from airport - entertainment staff great and fun activities

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank ewalshe
gpcsm, Community Manager at Occidental Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Ewalshe,

We thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Occidental Punta Cana with us. We are glad that in general we were able to have satisfied your expectations. Please know, that we take guest reviews very seriously and have forwarded your comments to the responsible departments. We are constantly refreshing and renewing our services and facilities to ensure that our guest want to return year after year, which is why we guarantee your next visit will be far better than your last.

It was our pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

I am extremely happy and satisfied with the staff at Occidental Caribe after celebrating my daughter's sweet 16 in July 2017. It was an entire week of pure family fun and celebration! We had multiple group activities that included a foam/bubble party in the pool, a white attire welcome cocktail, the main sweet 16, a thank you brunch.

With all these activities we felt amazingly supported by the Staff that includes our group Coordinator Mariel Frías and the decorations and ambiance settings by Juan Fermin.

Our expectations were exceeded by Juan Fermin and the Occidental team! My daughter's sweet 16 were a dream come true. Juan Fermin went above and beyond to make sure our dream became a reality!

We had a total of 185 guests in the hotel and they all had so much fun at all time and enjoyed the pool the beautiful beach, the restaurants with amazing and delicious food 24/7!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear Rossalba F,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Occidental Punta Cana with us and the TripAdvisor community. We are thrilled to hear that we were able to offer you an excellent holiday experience. Needless to say, we are honored to have been your hosts during the Dominican Republic and your Sweet 16 celebration. We assure you that your next visit will be even better than your last. We would also like to express our gratitude to you for taking the time to recognize the hard work and diligence of our staff members. They work tirelessly to offer each and every single one of our guests an excellent holiday experience.

Once again, we express our profound gratitude to you for having chosen to stay with us. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any inquiry or once your plans to return arise. We look forward to welcoming you back. It was our sincerest pleasure to serve you.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2017

My first time in Punta Cana and Occidental Resort, very nice hotel with a huge pool, right next to the beach. Very confortable rooms, good food with different stations, every night a different show music and dancing. I recomend this place.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
gpcsm, Community Manager at Occidental Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear tours2017,

We truly appreciate the time you’ve taken to share your recent experience at the Occidental Punta Cana with. There is nothing more motivating than positive reviews from satisfied guests. We strive to offer each and every one of our guests nothing less than a five-star quality of service. We are glad to know that we succeeded in your case.

Once again, we thank you for choosing us as your first-choice holiday destination. It was our sincerest pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

I've been to this location several times as I am a member of their royal club. The resort itself is beautiful especially with their recent renovations. However their service seems to have gotten a lot worse and a lot slower. The staff are more willing to have a full blown conversation amongst themselves than actually serving you at all. I attended a meeting as a member since they wanted feedback. I had one issue that the manager Maria Mercado was incapable of mending. She pretty much yelled at us, was huffing and puffing, rubbing her temples and told us she had "other things to do". I am truly disgusted with the customer service at this location. I look forward to avoiding this location!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank priscilla m
gpcsm, Community Manager at Occidental Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Dear Priszy,

We would first like to thank you for choosing the Occidental Punta Cana as your holiday destination. We are sincerely sorry that you have left with a negative perception of our hotel. Our goal is to always provide each and every one of our guests an excellent holiday experience or ameliorate any issues they may be experiencing during their stay with us. We truly regret that we were unable to do so in your case. This is why guest reviews are so important.

Although we try our best to ameliorate any difficulties and accommodate our guests according to their needs while on-site, unforeseen difficulties can arise. We guarantee that not every guest has a similar experience to yours, but it is unfortunate that so many issues marred your experience with us. Once again, we sincerely apologize for this and we will continue to investigate the details of your case.

We reiterate our appreciation to you for choosing to stay with us and for providing us with feedback regarding your stay. We would like to have the opportunity show you how committed we are to our guests' satisfaction. Because of this, we truly hope you reconsider staying with us in the future, so we can change your perception of our hotel.

It was a pleasure serving you.