28,736 results
All reviewseden poolresort creditlos gallossun barmoon loungerock spaisla restaurantcentral poolrock royaltyzen restaurantmembers poolsax poolpunta canapalace resortspresidential suiterock starmain building
Reviewed 6 April 2018

An international fiesta and overall great all-inclusive experience. The workers are so much fun and the best and everyone is just in a great mood always. The bartenders are always having a great time. Food and drinks are great, and unlimited (obviously it's an all-inclusive!). I am from the US but made friends with so many workers and people from around the world. Everyone loves it and for good reason :)

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos
1  Thank rileymarccollins
General M, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi rileymarccollins, thanks for making us your home away from home! ! We are so glad to know that you had a great time with us! We look forward to seeing you soon! Rock On!

“This Review was responded to on behalf of the General Manager of Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana.”

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We stayed five nights with Rock Royalty. Room very close to the beach and main pool and had everything we needed with a spectacular view. Had a private butler to call to book dinners, excursions, spa, or any inquiries that arrised. Gerlyn "G" (our butler) treated us like royalty and I would highly recommend getting this type of room with this service! Thanks G for all your hard work!!!! :) Fantastic Trip!!!

Room Tip: Rock Royalty treats you well!! Quieter rooms far ends of property. Very large property with lots to do!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank spelicano

WOW! What a wonderful 5 star review, spelicano! Thank you so much for taking the time to share such amazing praises with us! We couldn’t wait to share your review with everyone! We would be so happy if you would be back to see us again! Rock On!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This is my 2nd visit to Hard Rock and they continue to provide an amazing experience. Check in is easy and fast, everyone is smiling and helpful. There are so many great restaurants and the food never disappoints!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kimberly L

Thank you so much for rating us and for all of your wonderful praises Kimberly L! It sounds like you had a great stay and that means our mission was accomplished! Everyone works so hard to prepare everything just right and it make us all feel very good to know we had such a positive impact on your stay! We can’t wait to welcome you back! Rock On!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Visited with our kids for their senior trip last week. We stayed at Hard Rock in Riviera Maya last year and everything, from the rooms to the food and beverage service was awesome. We were expecting the same in Punta Cana and came away disappointed.

The restaurants are all named the same as other Hard Rock hotels but they all felt like giant cafeterias. Very loud, very large spaces, crowded and mostly buffet style. And all the food was virtually the same from restaurant to restaurant. Just not good.

The beverage service at the bars was pretty poor as well. Zero top shelf labels except in the casino where a top shelf brand martini can be had for a cool $26. One brand of beer, Presidents, is your only choice. The one real nightclub, Oro, is in the casino. It’s $20 to get in and then you pay through the nose for drinks. We opted for bottle service at $600 just to have a place to sit for our large group. For that price, you get two small bottles of Stoli and some cranberry and orange juice and a little coffee table. It was worth it to get out of the throng of drunken college and high schoolers but even then, we had people crashing and begging us for free drinks. Live and learn.

The team at the main pool work hard. The attendants work hard to make sure you have drinks. Tip them well. They really hustle and deserve it.

All the food around the pool is self serve and pre made fried fare. There is a grill area offering grilled chicken and burgers but prepare to wait in line for a while to get food. Strangely, there is zero fresh seafood to be found at his ocean front resort.

The rooms are nicely appointed and the housekeeping team do a nice job keeping everything ship shape. They work hard and are very friendly.

The resort is HUGE. Probably too big. The only rooms with any view of the ocean are the vacation club or Rock Royalty rooms. Everything else is nowhere near the ocean. Ask about the view before you book. I was disappointed as were were probably a good 1/3 or a mile away from the beach.

Overall, not a bad experience. Just not very good compared to other Hard Rock properties. The Barcelo down the beach is actually much nicer.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Brad M

Hi Brad M, your come indeed help us to improve, thank you! We apologies for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, we'll work on your remarks with our team and we hope you give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

"This Review was responded to on behalf of the General Manager of Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Punta Cana"

Reviewed 5 April 2018

My husband, I, and our 6 year old daughter went to the Hard Rock Punta Cana for spring break the last week of March. Most of my experiences were extremely positive, but as with any resort, there were a few areas that could have been better.

First, I booked my trip for the 4th year in a row through TripGuy travel (online), and used Mitch Toren. I have been very happy with the service that I have received, and will continue to use TripGuy for my future trips. I always end up with a Vacation Express package, but have the added benefit of Mitch's recommendations, as well as a backup im case anything goes wrong.

Anyway, on to the resort:

The size of the resort: As many have mentioned, it is a huge resort. I appreciated the walking to offset all of the food we were eating. But there are many trams available to give you a ride if you want one. The benefit of such a huge resort is that there are so many different options available for food, entertainment, and pools, as I will address below.

The Room: We had the smallest room there was, the junior suite. It was beautiful and spacious. The room came with a king sized bed and a foldout futon. I was a little concerned upon checkin when I heard that we didn't have a rollaway, but the futon folded out to a full size bed and was perfect for my daughter. The balcony was very spacious, and we used it a lot. We tipped early on, and got special towel decorations with hershey kisses, which my daughter loved. My husband went to the concierge and let him know that we had a couple of family birthdays, and so we got "special treats" left in our room while we were at dinner. These kinds of special surprises are so nice for kids.

The beach and pools: We spent most of our time at the kids pool. My daughter was able to find friends to play with, and enjoyed the many activities that they had going at and around the pool that were geared toward kids. I also enjoyed going to the Eden pool (adults only) in the afternoon when my husband took my daughter in to get out of the sun. The beach is absolutely beautiful, and you can take a long walk in either direction. The red flag was up during the entire length of our stay, so no on could go in the water. This was not a problem for us, but I realize it may be for some.

Food: The food is good but not great. We really enjoyed Zen (Japanese hibachi), the only place you need reservations for. Our next favorite was the Mexican. We were disappointed that there was very little seafood available, as at many other resorts we have been to, there has been a lot more. Finally, there are many places to go for breakfast. They all have the same food, but it's nice not to have to go to the main buffet. Both Toro and the Brazilian restaurant are right by the pools. We would go there so that we could go right out to the pool afterward.

Kids: As I mentioned, there were fun activities by the pool for an hour or two most days. My daughter also enjoyed the kids club. This is the 4th resort we have been to where we used the kids club. I'd say it was about middle of the road. Not the best, but not the worst.

Casino: We enjoyed having the option of the casino, which they say is the biggest one in Punta Cana.

Overall, we really enjoyed our trip and would definitely go back. My biggest negative comment (which I have saved for last) is about our check in. When we checked in, we avoided the timeshare sales pitch, which I understand comes with the territory. In doing so, no one walked us to our room or really told us much about the resort layout. I was definitely put off by the (lack of) welcome that we received. This was by far the worst checkin/welcome of the 10+ resorts that I have been to. I'm not sure if this is typical, but I had a negative impression going in. Fortunately, everything got better from that point on, and we really had a wonderful experience there, overall.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank minnielu

Thank you for spending your vacay with us and for such a wonderful 5 star review,minnielu! We loved reading that you were impressed with the attention of our Hard Rockers! We look forward to welcoming you back again for even more pampering! Rock On!