“More BBQ”

Three Sam's BBQ Joint
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Mabelvale
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 11 February 2016

Good food but nothing (one visit) in my opinion that separates it from the field. Service is friendly and quick. Will revisit for a quick meal on the go but while tender - their chopped pork sandwich is just ok.

Reviewed 21 December 2015 via mobile

I used to work down the road from Three Sam's fell in love with the food and the people. My dad and I were there at least three times a month. Ham sandwich Monday and Chicken & Dumpling Friday are my favorite two days but, any day there us a great day. BBQ beef or pork, hot dogs nothing bad there but your empty plate. If you share you'll have room for a homemade dessert which are made in heaven.

Reviewed 27 October 2015

Good BBQ , good specials daily, excellent desserts, fair prices. The footling chili dog will will make you sit up and beg! Come git you some, been there many many times, always right on time. Expect a crowd, they stay full!

Reviewed 15 October 2015

One of my aunts introduced me to Three Sams a number of years ago, and over the years, she and I and other family members and friends have gone there faithfully. That is, until my last experience at this restaurant a few months ago, when my husband and I sat one noontime waiting for over 45 minutes while six tables that came after we did (we counted, as we waited) received their orders before our order, a sandwich for me, a plate of ribs for him, finally arrived.

The barbecue is good, the onion rings are outstanding, but after that experience, we won't go back to Three Sams. To add insult to injury, no explanation was ever given to us for the mystifying delay — I repeat, it took 45 minutes for us to receive a sandwich and a plate of ribs, as six tables that arrived after we did were served their meals — in bringing our order to our table.

Since my husband works at a job that allows him only a limited amount of time for lunch, the 45-minute wait took almost the entire lunch hour allotted to him, so that, when the food arrived, we asked for to-go boxes and took it with us, and then decided we didn't feel like eating anything from a place that could treat its customers this way. Something about this experience seemed very personal, as if the restaurant owners intended to send us a message that we were not welcome at Three Sams, for reasons never made clear to us.

Perhaps you'll be treated differently if you try the place. Its food is good. But I cannot recommend any restaurant that treats loyal customers as we were treated on the occasion I've reported here — and which offers no explanation or apology for such mystifying ill treatment of customers.

1  Thank wdlindsy
Reviewed 9 September 2015 via mobile

Outstanding barbecue with a family secret sauce served with huge portions on plates or sandwiches!! The Three Sam's BBQ Platters (You had better be hungry) Crow Dinner Pork/Beef; Big Sam's Favorite; Last Squeal Rib Dinner are extraordinarily delicious!! Jane's favorite is Sam's Famous Footlong Hotdog!!
Located at 10508 Mann Road, Mabelvale, AR! 501-407-0345