All reviews lovely family food cooked airport hospitality kerala garden
Reviewed 22 June 2017

Jithin, PJ, and Mom were such great hosts! I had an excellent time, and I hope I find myself back in Kerala again to visit!

I arrived late and Jithin drove the ~1.5 hours to come pick me up from the airport and bring me to the home stay. I was greeted by the family when I arrived, and immediately felt welcomed. The place was nice and clean, steps from a beautiful beach, I got up to a tasty breakfast, and came back at the end of the day to a delicious dinner. I made a day trip out to nearby Alleppey, and PJ was nice enough to offer to join me, and was excellent company and guidance throughout the day. Altogether everyone made it an amazing experience!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Kyle_CNDA
Reviewed 4 May 2017

We went to the place "Mararikulam" which is not much known for tourists and we were worried if it could spoil the whole awesome trip we had in Kerala. So we thought of booking a budget Homestay there and we booked Marari Edens which is just at the Beach.
Marari Edens runs by a fisherman`s family and the family is very welcoming and their hospitality made our trip successful.
The food is cooked by owner herself and she cooks delicious food.
Their younger son (Jeetu) took us to market and helped to buy local stuff from there.
Our experience of being at Marari Edens was very relaxing and enjoyable and were delighted with their service and hospitality.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank shampydeol
Reviewed 28 April 2017

I spent two wonderful, relaxing weeks at Marari Edens. Mini and her son Jithu take charge of the day to day running of the homestay. They do this with care, enthusiaism and a genuine desire to take care of their guests. I had a sore throat and cough for part of my time there and, without my asking (she overheard me coughing), Mini went out of her way to cure me, preparing food and drinks that she thought would help me and showing a really personal concern for my well-being. There was no downside to Marari Edens so I can only list the good things:
Food-Home cooked, traditional Keralan food, prepared by Mini. Eat all your meals here, you won't get better elsewhere. Fruit juice, lassi, snacks, coffee and plenty of fresh, clean water throughout the day.
Accommodation-I had a non-AC room with an ensuite shower room. Very clean and perfectly comfortable. The weather was extremely hot and humid when I was there so I was glad of the fan in the room and on the private veranda outside my room. There is an airconditioned room available at a slightly higher, through still very reasonable, price.
Location-The beach is a 30 second walk from Marari Edens. This part of the beach still seems fairly untouched by tourism so I found that except for the fishermen, I was generally the only person on the beach. The beach stretches in both directions as far as you can see. There is an expensive hotel close by but it is set back from the beach and doesn't infringe on your views or privacy. There are small villages located within walking distance of the homestay, or if the heat is too much, a short tuk tuk journey. Jithu can advise you on places to visit and will, if you want, arrange transport for you. Kochi airport is less than a £20 taxi ride away.
Value-A two week stay in a private room, 3 meals per day and unlimited drinks cost me around £15 per day!
They were so kind, I left feeling like I had become a personal friend of the family.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Calvera7
Reviewed 2 April 2017

The quiet beach is just a few steps away, the home-cooked food is delicious and the family extremely genuine and welcoming. The family wil also arrange excursions and taxis to the airport. I thoroughly recommend Marari Edens for a relaxing break at the beach, they will look after you well.

Stayed: February 2017
1  Thank cse52
Reviewed 21 March 2017

Marari Edens provided us with a totally luxurious beach vacation for a budget price. We arrived late at night (around 10 pm) and the family made sure that we found the property by speaking with our auto driver over the phone. When we arrived, the property was lit up by romantic string lights, and the entire family (mother, father and three sons) greeted us with huge smiles and leaf necklaces, and Minni (the mother) even cooked us dinner. I don't think I have ever been greeted so warmly at any hotel I've stayed at; it was incredibly touching. Our room provided us with all that we needed, including cleanliness, very comfortable beds, a nice bathroom, a fan, and cupboards. Our favorite part of the room was the outdoor seating area, with two very comfortable lounge chairs, a table, and an outdoor fan. Furthermore, the property itself is beautiful and incredibly well kept. There is a hammock and beautiful greenery all around. The beach is a 30 second walk from the property - it couldn't be any closer. Also, the beach is very clean and secluded. My boyfriend and I were the only two on the little strip for the majority of our 2-day stay, aside from the occasional fisherman. The waves were calm and the water warm, really nice for swimming. We were both glad we decided to stay here rather than the more crowded and touristy Marari Beach or Alleppey. Also, Minni and Jithu (son) were excellent hosts. They vere really attentive and attended to all of our needs. They filled our water bottles with filtered water whenever we asked, gave us fresh fruit, and generally went out of their way to make sure our experience was the best it could be. Furthermore, the food cooked by Minni was delicious, plentiful, and typical to Kerala. We didn't want to eat anywhere else. We also got amazing fresh fruit juice every morning at breakfast!! The best pineapple and orange juice we've ever had. Finally, they arranged a taxi to the airport for us the morning of our flight. We are so happy we chose to stay at this beautiful, comfortable home with such a wonderful family. We wouldn't even think of staying anywhere else if we return. Thank you so much for such an awesome time Minni, Jithu and family!!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple