All reviews small hotel breakfast was included i highly recommend this hotel walking distance recommend casa rooms are great home away from home hot water ceiling fan sosua beach dominican republic night life my boyfriend puerto plata beaches refrigerator security
Reviewed 22 February 2016

Needed a place for one night and this was a perfect find! Great owners, everything you need and a great restaurant! Room was great, pool is nice and excellent food!
Highly recommend for a night out several nights. Great value for everything you get!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Arien V, Manager at Casa Valeria Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2016

Thanks Annie, just one night in Casa Valeria....... hope you will stay next time some more nights and we will be happy to serve you again.

best regards

Reviewed 20 February 2016

I will start my review of Casa Valeria by stating that I was hesitant to stay in a hotel in town because some people say its not safe. You can be shuttled from the airport to an All-Inclusive and be confined to their hotel grounds, beach, food, pool and more but why? Staying at a nice hotel such as Casa Valeria which has friendly staff, is safe and has a gracious owner Arien, who is actively on site overseeing his staff. The hotel which has been renovated and continues to add more charm to its hacienda style and is located in the center of town. Since its in the center of town you don't have ocean or mountain views but it has a charming courtyard/pool to relax. The hotel is close to all nightlife, good restaurants, shops, two beaches a 5 minute walk down the street and dive shops such as Northern Coast Divining where I got my PADI certification. One of my favorite bar/restaurant is Jolly Rogers owned by a husband and wife from Canada that has good food and daily entertainment. Another is Paradise Schnitzel that is a small restaurant with good food, drinks and dessert. I'll summarize by saying get out and visit the shops in town or by the beach, which you'll meet people looking to relax and have a great time in the Dominican Republic.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the back are quieter and the newly renovated section is toward the front facing the street.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Arien V, Owner at Casa Valeria Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2016

Thanks "JG" for your extended review, as you write it is great to explore the Dominican Republic out of a small hotel like Casa Valeria instead out of a "all inclusive resort", no worry's about secure or service....we as the Casa Valeria team do our best......
greetings

Reviewed 17 February 2016

I absolutely loved staying in Casa Valeria. Place is located walking distance to 2 beaches, very close to main road with with restaurants, food shop and pretty much everything !! Fantastic location.
Also, the place was so nice and cute, really great hotel for the money ! Super delicious breakfast every morning with very kind and helpful staff working there. Anything you need or wonder about they will help you with it.
Room was clean, spacious, with AC, TV , fridge all you need on holiday. Both my boyfriend and I were very happy with our stay there and I would recommend it to everyone and hope to go back there !!!

Room Tip: close to beach, calm hotel, good sleep, great price, yummy breakfast
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

Hola Annie,
Great that you enjoyed your one night here in Casa Valeria, we hope next time you will stay a little longer and we will do our best to serve you as we did this time !! Thanks again and best regards.

Reviewed 14 February 2016

Overall good value for money. The first room we were in on the night we arrived was new and you could stil smell the fresh paint. Since we booked a room with a balcony we complained and got another room. The rooms were nice and clean.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks "Tomob" for your kind review, indeed a big part of the hotel is brand new and you were one of the first in the rooms.......... therefore the confusing with the room type which we happily could solve the next day..
Hope to see you back soon in Casa Valeria

Arien and Team

Reviewed 12 February 2016

Man this place was awesome !!!!
5 Star hotel in Sosua in my book..

The room was state of the art. I will be staying here everytime I come. The staff were all so helpful and friendly...I really love the bathroom shower layout..

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are glad that you see us as a "5 *****" hotel, which we not pretend to be but is shows that the Casa Valeria team does his best to serve the guest at their best !!
Thanks for your kind review and "hasta luego"