“Perfect comfort”

Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Sosua
Vancouver, Canada
“Perfect comfort”
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I stayed at the Casa Valeria in Feb 2012 with my 13 year old daughter, and it was nothing other than a wonderful experience. The staff are so very friendly and ready to assist with anything you need. We absolutely fell in love with Ruth at the restaurant...she's an absolute sweet heart and provided us with lovely meals and a perfect smile! Arien and team were very helpful and a pleasure to deal with. If you prefer to avoid the big all-inclusive hotels...the Casa Valeria is the perfect choice for a local experience. I highly recommend and will return to Casa Valeria.

Vancouver, BC, Canada

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Chatham, Canada
Reviewed 18 January 2012

25 years of coming to the DR and I have finally found the perfect haven. No more all-inclusives.
Just the serenity of a quaint hotel in the heart of Sosua. The owners, Arien, his wife "Lady Di" and Michael made my stay in Sosua the best experience that I have had there. Their personal touch on the operation of their facility and their genuine friendliness to me made the trip exceptional. Just booked another 10 day'er ,10 months in advance. Can"t wait to get back and enjoy lounging outside my room overlooking the pool with my tunes and a fine Dominican cigar before I go out night-tripping.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Jim H
Dallas, Georgia
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I booked Casa Valeria for a few nights based on the great reviews here, well I can honestly say I doubt the credibility of these reviews as they are not reality. How can nobody seems to mention the rooms are absolutely TINY. Room for a double bed a sofa at the bottom and a dresser--THATS IT. I am 6'0 exactly and my feet were hanging over the end of the bed hitting against a wooden bed end. Nobody stay there less than 6'0??

The TV didnt work and was in a position that is not possible to watch anyways, its practically on the floor. There wasnt enough space in the room to get dressed and i cant imagine if there was children in the room. You try to relax in the porch but you are practically in your neighbours face. When the sun shines there is space for 2 beds to avail of the sun.

People said the owners were nice, well we found them to be very so so. They didnt have much time for us at all and came across as false, whenever i brought my issues i mentioned he just looked at me and shrugged his shoulders as much to say 'what do you want me to do about it'

Seriously this place is way over rated and the restaurant is rubbish--even a fellow guest agreed.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Charles R
Diana-Arien, Owner at Casa Valeria Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 13 January 2012
Hello Charles,
Thanks for your review, we are sorry to hear that you are not as happy with us as almost all other guest are, we try to treat everybody equal and with respect.
I would like to respond to the point you mentioned, as we have some doubt about them, by example you mention that the TV did not work and it was practically on the floor. We have always a spare TV and receiver box, in case one of them does not work we change them directly, a handyman is working here 5 days a week and the other days and times I take care for that. The TV’s are in 5 rooms on around 65 cm from the floor and in all the others at the wall at around 1.80 meters from the floor.
The beds are either queen or king-size, standard dimensions for beds in this country. If you feel the room to small that something I can’t judge, It’s what you are used and/or expecting. If you look at the pictures made by guest on this web page everybody can see how big (or small) the rooms are and how they are equipped.
On the pool site we have 4 sun chairs and 2 tables with in total 8 seats (4 of them rocking chairs), our tropical garden gives the possibility to choose to sit in the sun or in the shade.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 January 2012

We stayed at casa valaria for 17 days during Christmas and New Years . We have been to the DR 5 times and this was by far are best vacation ever. The accomadations and staff were perfect. The owners were always ready to help us. The atmosphere was great Security was great.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Thomas M
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 January 2012

My fiancee and I just returned from a week in Sosua and went to the restaurant at Casa Valeria on our second night there, and it was so good we had to go back on our last night as well! He prefers steak and seafood and I just couldn't get enough of the pasta; we were both very happy with both the food and the service. Also, you must try the avocado salad. Plus: an adorable (but very polite, not the begging type) calico cat can be found lounging around. Best part overall, unlike other restaurants in Sosua this one allows you to bring your own wine. Highly recommended, by two food snobs from Chicago.

Room Tip: We only ate at the restaurant, so can't speak as to the quality of the hotel.