All reviews living room gated community dominican republic nice villa gas grill pool service security deposit outdoor bbq front office a wonderful place to stay huge pool short drive easy access king size peace and quiet cable tv great vacation
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed in casa Linda number 74 for four nights and had a good time. The place was conveniently located near grocery stores and quick necessity shopping. It's a short drive from the main strip and a nice villa. The bill could use some updating with new furniture, updated bathrooms and additional lighting, however, the stay was acceptable based on the price. There isn't much to do in the area but it's an amazing guys trip. Would stay her again if we got a deal.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2017

We rented side by side villas (772 and 774) and overall was pleased with the villas but did run into a few issues.

Pros:
- Gorgeous views and scenery
- Loved the layout of the rooms. It provided privacy but felt connected to everyone simultaneously
- Had a cleaning crew come by make up bed and clean pool each day
- Armed security patrolling the area each day
- Gated community made us feel safe entering and leaving
- Majority of our issues were quickly resolved (safe not working, doors not locking, using grill)

Cons:
- Please BE CAREFUL using the dishes, they break VERY EASILY. They are cheap and a few glasses literally broke just placing them on the surface. We had to go to the local grocery store and replace 8 glasses to avoid the replacement costs.
- During our stay the electricity continuously went off and on which in turn made using the WiFi internet useless.
- We had issues with the temperature in the showers. The water was either crazy hot or crazy cold. Very seldom did we get consistent warm water to take a shower.
- The hot tub stopped working on Day 2, when we called the front desk, one of the workers came and just said, "I don't know how to fix it" and it was not operable the remaining stay
- While not a major Con, the security guards were sticklers for music volume. They will knock on your door or come into the backyard to tell you about music volume.
- Every day we had a different issue arise and needed someone to come fix.
- They charge you to use the grill but did not find out about this under check out. There should be signage that states an additional fee to use the grill.
- Cleaners should clean the sheets and sanitize the curtains in each room. We had numerous stains in one of our rooms we noticed upon arrival.

Overall the stay was okay, just wish they wouldn't try to nickel and dime for every little thing. The scenery from the backyard made up for a lot of the issues. We will likely stay somewhere else next time we come to the Dominican Republic.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kelvin J
Reviewed 14 April 2017

We rented this villa with 5 women. As soon as we walked it we were happy with the place. It was clean and lots of room for all of us. The great part was we had a common area (kitchen, seating area) and everyone had their own room and their own bathroom! The villa came with a cleaner who were very professional. It also had a great outdoor BBQ and seating area, a pool and a hot tub (which we utilized to the fullest). There was WiFi, and it was great. The whole area was secured by security which they were deligent on who was able to enter the area.
There was a free shuttle that went to both areas, Cabarette and Sosua beaches/shopping area.
If there was one improvement to the Villa (that we rented, not sure if they are all like this) was the shower temperature. Mine wasn't freezing, but not piping hot; however the other showers did have hot water; however the weather was so great and hot, I really didn't need a piping hot shower, but if I did want one, I just went to the other room.
This place is great for family or a friends trip.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

We arrived in the DR having rented a villa from HomeAway only to find that it looked nothing like the pictures online. There was no way we would stay there and quickly asked the rental office if they by chance had anything available. Edwin became our hero! Not only was he wonderful to work with but he found two options both absolutely beautiful! It was one of the best experiences we have had in the DR! The staff was beyond helpful especially the front desk and yes there were some small inconveniences but they were so quick to solve the problems that it was was difficult to get upset. We shared several dinners and breakfasts with the security guards who were so helpful and polite. Our pool was a little cloudy, I honestly didn't even notice, and the pool manager worked tirelessly to fix it. We have not yet received our security deposit or electric refund but I know that will happen soon. We are already planning to return next February for another month of "heaven in earth"!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Brenda M
Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

Terrible Experience. We stayed here for five days.

My room was dirty and had stains on the linen which I complained about but wasn't changed.

Water stopped running on several occasions.

The key cards for the rooms stopped working frequently.

Electricity went off a few times (although it came back on within 10minutes)

And to top it off after I left, my card was charged fraudulently without explanation and I did not receive my deposit back.

Stay away at all costs! We had a very bad experience here.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Edwin B, Front Office Manager at Residencial Casa Linda, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Hello,
I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience in Casa Linda.
Would please confirm in what specific villa you stayed at, I am asking because I want to be sure really stayed here and no where else, also in Casa Linda, there are houses being rented for outside companies that we do not provide services.
I would like to know the villa number, dates that you stayed and your name so we can follow this up.
Assuming that you rented with us...
It is possible to have electricity issues for 10 minutes, if electricity is out water is out.

In regard credit card charges, It's not right that you are saying that because is not true.
At check in we take a refundable deposit of 75 US per bedroom, this is for incidentals in case something brakes and it can be in cash or credit card.

If something is missing or broken at check out then we inform renters how much it is we proceed to take it from the cash/credit card hold and the rest of the money is given back to renter or reversed the credit card.
How did you make the deposit?
How can you say that we didn't give you back the deposit and fraudulently charged your card?
These are serious accusations...
Verify your account and post both charges so the audience and I can see them.