All reviewshouse catvery nice hotelquiet arearooms are cleansun loungerscleaned every dayjohanmenmototidypesos
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

This place was perfect, out of the center of town, but inly a 2 minute moto from anywhere and everywhere. The public areas are clean and very open, large and accomodating, dining room wirh 5-7 tables and a pool table, great large bar next to the pool which is big with a small kiddie area too, the rest of the open public areas are large, with tables, umbrellas and very comfortable.
The rooms are regular, but solid - cleaned every day, very comfortable bed, safe, nice bathroom.
Rhe overall ambience is superb, everyone happy, smiling and friendly, the vibe ciuldn't be better, whether alone ir with 3 friends it was a super quiet oasis.
Being away from the center of town was very nice !

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

We have found this hotel at booking.com and we were pleased it's so cheap with a good evaluation and we were looking forward to stay there. But seriously I dont get why people are so amazed and why this hotel has so high rating.

The hotel is in a quiet area. It's not true it's a 3 Minutes walk from the beach. At least 10 minutes. The beach is very small (I didn't know that). The hotel is at the middle of nowhere and it looks catastrophic (area to the beach, not the hotel). Dirt everywhere, at the lawn, no fences, rubbish...

When we first came to the room, we were astonished - in a negative way. Everything is old and you can see dust everywhere (it can't be seen at the photos). There's an old curtain which I think haven't been washed since I was born :-D The bathroom is new but you can noticed it needs a proper cleaning. We had the ants in the room, which was solved by a cleaning lady. Partially - they returned next day. The place needs a SERIOUS (!!) renovation.

The breakfast was decent, coffee was delicious. The owner, Hank, seems to be a nice guy and he tries to do the best (I think). He let us stay at the hotel after our check out.

Some of the guests thought they lived alone there and that it is a cool idea to sing a song at the balcony and let the music play at max! (NO, dude, you CAN'T sing!) It was SO annoying! Luckily someone came by and it was over.

The house cat is super cute and sweet and I miss her already. She was such a playful kitty, adorable.

Our stay was not something exceptional, average I'd say. I wouldn't go there again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dália K
Reviewed 19 February 2017

Well first of all my husband and I own a condo in the area and it is rented out. So we came down and wanted to stay longer, and always loved this little quiet spot away from everything and so tranquil.
Hank runs the place like a clock, and so organised to detail with the surroundings. Always upgrading, and treats everyone so well.

I fell in love with the house cat. she is my special baby. Its close to all the restaurants and the food is great as well. We were to stay a few days and loved Voramar so much , we stayed 3 weeks.

It truly is a little Oasis.
Hank and Johan and all the staff are so amazing. Its a real nice personal touch. Stay here. You cannot go wrong.

Room Tip: All rooms have great views of pool.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heather092
Reviewed 13 December 2016

Something for everyone. Short motocoacho (sp?) ride from Sosua. Clean, tidy one bedroom/two bedroom apartments available for short or long stay. Quiet, welcoming home away from home. Very reasonable rates. Small market a short walk away offers fresh fruit, cold beer and friendly break from the heat.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2016

I randomly looked up to see if this place was still open and so happy that it is around and it seems like it is still owned by the same two German guys. I was very young travelling with my brother. We stayed at Voramar for 2 weeks and I know it was not only affordable for us being so young, but also clean and safe. Yes, it is far away from the city but we used the moto concho tax and loved it. I was young and thought it was fun to be on the moto taxi but maybe today I would think it is more dangerous. All I know I had great memories of this place. The most important was that during this trip I got very ill to my stomach, some type of infection because of drinking pina coladas on the beach - the other guests who were mostly men from England and Germany (I think I may have been the only Western woman around) kept trying to help by giving me different medications they had. Finally, after being bed-ridden from pain, the owner drove me personally to a doctor in town that he knew. I got meds and got better. Being young kids it felt nice to be taken care of, especially when something went wrong. So I thought that even though 16 years have passed, I would write the review. No pictures though except in sold old album tucked away.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family