I've rented various condos in the Puerto Plata area and this Garden Condo is far superior to the others. First, the secure gate to this location put my mind at ease because I rented a car. The property manager met us at entrance and gave us key to condo, fob device to unlock gate into condos and a gate opener(almost like a garage opener) to pull car in. A security guard is there 24/7 and is close to cars and right next to entrance so no funny business could go down. I walked into the rental and the condo was even better than the pictures online. The colors are vivid and tropical and it immediately put me in a positive frame of mind. I was ecstatic to see the A/C in the main living area, which I have never seen in 4 other condos I have rented.
* The bedroom also had A/C which blasted cold air perfectly. I was so relieved that the bedroom had blackout curtains bc I'm a late sleeper and these did the trick. The closet space is plentiful and I really appreciated that it was stocked with lots of towels, sheets, hangers and a dirty clothes hamper. They even had a magnificent pool float in the closet.
*The kitchen is amazing bc it has everything you could want, which is a plus bc I prefer to do majority of cooking on vacation. I enjoyed fresh smoothies everyday, used the toaster oven for sandwiches, and enjoyed the coffee maker and microwave. There is an oven too, which again I have not seen in other units I've rented. Every pot and pan I needed, and things like aluminum foil, oil, sugar, coffee, extra paper towels, and thank God they had a legit water dispenser, and there was half a bag of ice, and several ice cube trays available. I was extremely impressed with how it was stocked and how clean it was.
* The main living space is huge with fantastic sliding doors looking out to the pool with more blackout curtains if you want privacy. The music station was amazing to have and the wifi worked like a charm. Never used tv. There was a hallway closet filled with cleaning supplies...this is also not typical to where I've stayed before but I reeeeally appreciated this.
* The bathroom is cute, but I did have some trouble getting hot water to work. The shower curtain rod was a tension rod and it fell to the ground a few times which was a little annoying and startling. I'm sure they'll fix that right away given how cared for the property is.
* The pool is also the cleanest, largest pool I've experienced in the DR. The pool toys provided in the condo were such a plus.
* Sousa beach is beautiful, which is why I chose this place, but it's a bit further than I anticipated. I ended up using the rental car to get there a few times. The supermarket is pretty close too!
I will absolutely return to the garden condo again someday soon!!!
Very clean, very quiet , only a few blocks to the beaches and nightlife. I liked it so much that I tried to boook it again but unfortunately it was already booked. Highly recommend it. Joe the owner made sure everything ran smoothe. I had a problem with the cable it was fixed within the day.....very secure and safe. The employees were extremely friendly
Upon arriving at the Garden Condos, I was pretty familiar with the area. I wasnt sure if it would be a spot where kids would also be. I can say that the many guests or residents that I saw I assume that this is an adult-only property. The condo has an extremely tranquil vibe. The lush grounds, contemporary common spaces, and pristine pools are rarely crowded, and the beach is pretty much walking distance away. Very secure and quiet at night. I can stay that this spot, you don’t have to worry about the loud music and activities of many all-inclusive resorts in the Dominican Republic has. You can definitely relax and unwind when you visit this spot if you need to. Adult nightly entertainment is about 5 to 10 minute walking distance away.
The bedrooms are also a nice size with a decent size living room with eat in kitchen which a lot of hotels in the area don’t have. You can always go out and sit on your first floor balcony to relax and enjoy the sun right next to the pool side. All amenities such as large flat-screen TVs with DVD players, iPod docks, and free Wi-Fi is always a good look when you getting a room. I didn’t have any issue but Joe always checked on me to make sure that everything was ok.
I can honestly say that when I come back down to visit, I'm going to get this spot.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||People with disabilities|
If your like myself & prefer to enjoy peace & quiet away from the strip, you can't go wrong staying at this property. It's centrally located within walking distance of the many bars & restaurants Sosua has to offer. There is 24 hr security although the property is gated. The staff is friendly & will try to address any issue that you may have. In addition the Condo owner Joe is in contact with you trying to address any issues you may incur & make your stay a pleasant one. So if you don't want to deal with the hustle & bustle of the strip on a daily basis you can't go wrong staying @ this property. I've been visiting Sosua since 2010 & enjoy my stay more with having piece of mind & tranquility which this condo offers. I've been staying here since 2014 & have no intentions of ever staying in any of the hotels again.
I stayed at this resort for a week and I felt very welcome on my arrival and throughout my stay. It's walking distance to everything around Sosua. Condo was very clean and comfortable. The owner , Joe, kept in contact to make sure everything was ok. This place must be the most secure place in Sosua. Only annoyance was the one key to the condo. This is the place to stay.