See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 February 2017

The place is on a cliff, a bit isolated but in a nice way. The restaurant area had a great view and sunsets from there are pretty charming and romantic. Great mattress in the room, hard and stable, awesome to sleep on in. Bathrooms is spacious as well as the room.

In spite of its position and style, the place is rundown, it really needs a lot of work. What you see in the pictures is misleading: it's not such a white paradise... rust everywhere, roofs needing maintenance, pool with cloudy water (god knows when it has been cleaned last), balconies with cracks in the wood, restaurant area old and tattered, stage area falling apart... There is a balcony in the room which would be amazing if it weren't for the fact that it's mostly dirty and rusty, with bird droppings on most of the handrail. No direct access to the beach, you need to walk down to either Sosùa or Alicia for around 5-10 minutes. Aircon controls are very old, not really ideal in this day and age. TV is pretty old as well, though I wouldn't normally use it anyway, yet again can't believe they still put those big boxes in the rooms. Electricity plugs are falling apart as well, definitely not safe.
This said, don't expect much from Sosùa... there are better places to go.

Room Tip: I was in room 323, you can see the ocean from the balcony, but there is another hotel standing in front of you.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

The hotel looks so amazing in all the photos and the views from the cafe in front really are spectacular, but I would never want to stay in the rooms again. The hotel was literally falling apart. I don't understand why they don't try and fix it at all to make it at least a safe place to stay. The ceiling in our bathroom room had partially collapsed and made squeeky sounds every time you opened the door. I was sincerely afraid to use the bathroom. Everything was also moldy, paint cracking, run down... Such a shame because this could be a nice place if they just renovated it. Go see the view, but don't stay the night. Staff was nice though.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KatarinaFinland
Reviewed 30 September 2016

During my 12-day stay at this hotel, one night, in the middle of the night while I was asleep, the ceiling in the bathroom caved in. I had to be relocated two times to other rooms of which neither was to the same standard. Additionally, I lost all of my toiletries due to the damage from the ceiling caving in. The management made absolutely no effort to help with the replacement of same. The customer service was utterly non-existent. I was not compensated for any of my damaged items, they wouldn't even offer me a free drink or meal as compensation for same.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

We were seduced by the photos of the restaurant over the cliff. But our room hasn't been renovated in 30 years. We couldn't sleep because the matresses on the bed were hard as rock. The bluefish neon lights in the room did nothing to set the mood. The decoration was very outdated and the service was so-so. We book a queen size bed room but got twin beds instead, they were not helpful in any way to try changing us rooms over the week we were there. The staff was very cold and unfriendly. On a positive note: the location was very good, a few minutes from the 2 available beaches and the breakfast buffet was also interesting.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

2016 !!!Bad breakfast! Going to Make you sick.
Very sad. Was going there for over 10 years!!!!
Hotel is very old. Slow internet. I'm so disappointed. Sosua is over for me. All bars closed.
Stay away from this hotel. Not guest friendly !!!!
Not gringo friendly hotel.
They ask me to leave the hotel cuz I got girl at night.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo