See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

The hotel looks so amazing in all the photos and the views from the cafe in front really are spectacular, but I would never want to stay in the rooms again. The hotel was literally falling apart. I don't understand why they don't try and fix it at all to make it at least a safe place to stay. The ceiling in our bathroom room had partially collapsed and made squeeky sounds every time you opened the door. I was sincerely afraid to use the bathroom. Everything was also moldy, paint cracking, run down... Such a shame because this could be a nice place if they just renovated it. Go see the view, but don't stay the night. Staff was nice though.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KatarinaFinland
Reviewed 30 September 2016

During my 12-day stay at this hotel, one night, in the middle of the night while I was asleep, the ceiling in the bathroom caved in. I had to be relocated two times to other rooms of which neither was to the same standard. Additionally, I lost all of my toiletries due to the damage from the ceiling caving in. The management made absolutely no effort to help with the replacement of same. The customer service was utterly non-existent. I was not compensated for any of my damaged items, they wouldn't even offer me a free drink or meal as compensation for same.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

We were seduced by the photos of the restaurant over the cliff. But our room hasn't been renovated in 30 years. We couldn't sleep because the matresses on the bed were hard as rock. The bluefish neon lights in the room did nothing to set the mood. The decoration was very outdated and the service was so-so. We book a queen size bed room but got twin beds instead, they were not helpful in any way to try changing us rooms over the week we were there. The staff was very cold and unfriendly. On a positive note: the location was very good, a few minutes from the 2 available beaches and the breakfast buffet was also interesting.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

2016 !!!Bad breakfast! Going to Make you sick.
Very sad. Was going there for over 10 years!!!!
Hotel is very old. Slow internet. I'm so disappointed. Sosua is over for me. All bars closed.
Stay away from this hotel. Not guest friendly !!!!
Not gringo friendly hotel.
They ask me to leave the hotel cuz I got girl at night.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2016

I visited this hotel on 7-29 & 7-30, 2016.
The hotel itself is quite old and elaborate, but it is in great shape and very clean.
It is built on a cliff overlooking the Atlantic (no beach)
Everywhere you look there is elaborate decorative filigree and touches.
They have a gazebo overlooking the water and I don't think I've ever seen a more perfect place for a wedding.

The room was right around $60.00 a night and that included breakfast.
It was great to sit out on the veranda overlooking the bay as the captains came and went getting their boats ready in the morning and having a very nice breakfast which included an omelet station.

I had room 101 which was directly against the lobby. I was worried that it would be noisy but it was not. The nice thing about that room was it had REALLY good wifi.
Also, it was on the first floor. Which was a good thing because the hotel is a 3 story walk up hotel. So if you have trouble navigating stairs, keep that in mind.

The bed was hard as a rock, about the only downside I can name, but the shower was good and hot with a ton of water pressure.

The hotel is about 5 blocks from the main drag.
Unfortunately it is down some real lonely dark streets. I would suggest taking a cab or a motorcycle taxi coming and going. I had a rental car and we drove because it just did not seem very safe.
The lobby had a clerk on duty 24 hours a day and in the evening they had a guard with a shotgun patrolling the grounds and stationed out front. So while the road in did not seem safe, the hotel itself did feel safe.

Otherwise I could not suggest this hotel any higher. Great place.

Room Tip: It's a 3 story walk up, so be aware.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends