“Spectacular dinner in cupola on the ocean--Honeymoon or Romantic Getaway” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Piergiorgio Palace Hotel

Piergiorgio Palace Hotel
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Sosua
Cleveland
“Spectacular dinner in cupola on the ocean--Honeymoon or Romantic Getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2011

I stayed at piergiorgio for a business trip, but I was struck by how romantic and unique the place was, the kind of place I would have wanted for my honeymoon. It reminds me of greece, but also has a southern plantation style, so maybe greek revival.

You enter through am open white marble piazzo with view of the ocean. There were almost no guests here at the end of May, so there was no wait and the front desk has nothing to do but offer assistance. The rooms are of the oldtime variety with actual keys, wicker furniture, tile floors, and french doors with small wrought iron balconies. They are air conditioned, but nothing fancy. I had some trouble finding a compatible EIectrical outlet for my computer ( bring a 3-prong adapter). But there is free WI-F! The beds are very firm yet surprisingly comfortable. Not luxurious, though, if that's your thing. I did not drink the tap water here, but there were bottled waters in the fridge. There is an old supremely out-of-tune piano in the lobby that someone was playing last night that gave it a Casablanca feel.

The thing that strikes me is the unsurpassed landscape and surroundings (see photos attached.) you could have dinner at a linen covered table in a cupola on the ocean watching the sunset over the caribbean. Attentive service. I cannot speak for the food, as I did not eat here. At sunset you can observe the lights of the yachts anchored nearby.

I cannot say too much about the nightlife here. Reminds me of Key West only a little seedier. But for spectacular sun-filled surroundings in a unique but classic setting, this is the place.

It is cheap-about 60-70 Usd and I don't know why. Perhaps because We are off season (end of may). No one is here!! I had the swimming pool to myself.

Room Tip: ask to have dinner in cupola
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
5 Thank Heather M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
dnpinva
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2010

This is an exceptional place to stay in Sosua. It is on a bluff overlooking azure waters. The rooms have spectacular views, as does the restaurant. The spiral staircase is gorgeous. It is about a 5 minute walk into town and perhaps a 10 minute walk to the beach.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank dnpinva
blackpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2010

my wife and me stayed at this hotel in january and this is a beautiful hotel with stunning views of the ocean.we booked here as a last resort after going to another apartment down the road but after spending one night we couldnt stay any longer.
anyway back to piergiorgios very clean rooms and very quiet ,payed extra for a sea view and worth the extra.staff very polite and attentive,pool quiet and clean .any body who wants to get away from the crowds and noise this is the place for you.
only down side to the holiday was the weather as it pissed down 10 out of 14 days but that was hardly the hotels fault,would go back to this hotel in an instant

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank afc_cooper
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2009

We had booked the Piergiorgio a few months ago and I wasn't certain what to expect based on some of the previous reviews. What I found was a hotel that is a solid 3 stars(out of five) and is desperately trying (and sometimes succeeding) to be something more. Our room, on the third floor and oceanside, was large and the bed was ... firm. Which was fine by us. The cable television got more than 50 stations, including HBO (in English) a CBS feed from New York, and CNN, along with a number of local stations from around the Caribbean. [It rained everyday of our stay so I became very familiar with the stations.] There is free wifi in each room; I counted at least two routers outside the rooms on each floor. Reception in the room was good; if you took your laptop to the lobby, the connection was great. The room was cleaned daily by a staff that was always considerate. The location of the hotel leaves something to be desired. Its at least a 10-20 minute walk to either of the two closest beaches. I thought it a bargain; US$115 a night for two people, including a substantial breakfast. Now, why anyone would want to spend time in Sosua, is another story, but the hotel was totally fine.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Swimmer56
Miami
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2009

My wife and I had a wonderful stay at Piergiorgio. I was hesitant before my travel due to some unpleasant review I read on this website. However, we decided to go along with our plan. From the very first day that we got there, we were met by Lora who welcomed us and guide us to our room. The staying was great, besides the beds that are not too comfortable but can't complain because the price was worth it. The breakfast was good, we lunched and dined out just to explore Sosua. Yes the beach is a little walk from the hotel however there are lots of activities that one can do. We had no major issue with our room getting cleaned since it was done everyday. The hotel is very very quite, and the atmosphere is very welcoming. We would definitely go back to Sosua and spend some quiet time at Piergiorgio. The staff were great, the breakfast awesome, the room clean and security was not an issue at all. By the way free breakfast and wi-fi.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple