“second time around”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sosua
Qualton Club Puerto Plata
Ranked #27 of 34 Hotels in Sosua
A TripAdvisor Member
“second time around”
Reviewed 25 March 2004

We were there in 1998 when it was called the Sandcastle. It was a very nice place, food was goodanimation was good, it was a real nice place to relax. We went back in 2000, there was supposed to have being a $2,000,000.00 renovation and the resort was changed to a 4 star Qualton club. What a digrase, we would have given it a 2 star rating, toilets that didn't flush, lights that were not working in the rooms would take a week to replace, my wife went to the tiolet at the lobby, the front desk gave her a candle to see with. The entretainment staff were always making fun of the clients and really didn't know what they were doing, their biggest night was to play bingo or try to get the clients to go to the disco int the city. total garbagefor a hotel of that calliber which are also located inMexico and Cuba but a lot better.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Families
Couples
Solo
Business
Rive-Nord de Montréal
Reviewed 17 January 2004

I went to this resort 2 years in a row when it was called Sand Castle in 1997-98. It's located in Puerto Chicito in Sosua. Locals use to nickname us MAFIA because you have to cross 2 barriers to get in. This is a beautiful resort that has nice little similar buildings all around the place. As far as I remembered the food is good especially at the italian restaurant that is on the beach : the capello di angelo are the best that I have ever ate (in R.D. you asked ? YES) There's a big pool over the sea and a little one near the buffet. The staff is very friendly and the animation is all right except that they bother you to go out at night everyday (I'm sure they get a share !!) Me and a friend tried one for a change and we found out that they were hoes in there and they wanted our money bad !! Big mistake, I fake an illness and left very quick !!! There's a little disco in the resort that is not very crowdy but cozy still. The beach is awfull, there are some garbage the water that some locals throw there! YUK ! You have to put sandals to go there because you never know what you'll step on ! Even the beach in Sosua is bad : no waves at all and you get harrassed a lot by the locals there ! My first time there was my first vacation so I enjoyed it ! As far as my second time goes, it was the only place left so I ended up going there again but for only 1000 C$ for 2 weeks. I would not recommend this place especially if you are a beach person and today's price is really not worth it !

13 Thank Funkmaster

Travellers are raving about these Sosua hotels